• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lolwut?
    Did I miss something?
    Is this even confirmed?

Comment

But was this confirmed? It will be a first person shooter? Or like the REmake but with the addon of the wii mote?

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
        Except RE2 never even came close to having the amount of zombies that Dead Rising did. There's no reason for them to up the count for a remake. At most, they could have the same number of zombies as there were Ganados in RE4, and that would be more than enough. Not to mention, the zombies would be just as detailed, if not moreso, as the Ganados.
        You'd have to look at the fact that since it would be a next gen remake, you would up the percentages of zombies in areas etc, otherwise with the RE4 engine, how would you ever feel convincingly threatened.
        Remember, you're supposed to be in a city infested with Zombies, not a rural spanish village of peasant farmers.

Comment

Here's a thought... how about UC2: Biohazard 2?

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
            lolwut?
            Did I miss something?
            Is this even confirmed?
            No, it's not confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
              Here's a thought... how about UC2: Biohazard 2?
              Even better: http://the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1342
              Last edited by doomed; 08-27-2008, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                You'll have to excuse "Biocore," as he's usually pompous and always negative.

Onto the real news - If Bio 2 is actually receiving the REmake facelift, that is really awesome news! I can see it being a good time to do so, as RE5 is excluding the Wii (rightly so, considering the graphical polish) yet Capcom still would love to cash in on Wii's profitability. Also, with the release of "Degeneration," the characters of Leon and Claire are getting a lot of publicity...and what better way to cash in on that, than to re-release the game that featured their original pairing?

Besides, fans have been clamoring for the REmake treatment for RE2 since the Gamecube release of RE1 a few years back.

I don't see how an RE2make could fail. Unless Capcom butchers the Leon and Ada characters like they did in RE4...

No, you don't have to excuse 'Biocore'. Your the one who is pompous here. You call me pompous because I have an opinion and it isn't yours. Well boo hoo. As for being negative, Biohazard 5 is a horrible game and Capcom ruined the Biohazard franchise, I have plenty reason to be negative about that. I'm not negative about everything and I am looking forward to certain games. Just because I'm not looking forward and I will not support Biohazard 5, you say I'm negative about everything. Your full of shit. I am looking forward to several games, one of which is Silent Hill Homecoming. SO NO, I'm not negative about EVERYTHING. Get your facts straight or get out or don't talk about me inaccurately. Just because someone doesn't share your opinion, you call them pompous? It's you who is pompous for that very reason.

And I meant fair to people, LIKE ME, who do not own the Wii and refuse to support it, much less buy it for the sake of playing one game. Being multiplatform is fair because that means Xbox 360 users and so forth can enjoy the game and not just limited to a Wii audience. I think the Wii is a horrible console and piece of garbage, you want to call me pompous just because I don't share your fondness for the Wii? Go right ahead, your entitled to your opinion but you are a seriously misguided and sore individual. Don't ever make judgments about ME as a person again. As Willy Wonka said 'Good day to you SIR!'.

Comment

Originally posted by Biocore View Post
                  No, you don't have to excuse 'Biocore'. Your the one who is pompous here. You call me pompous because I have an opinion and it isn't yours. Well boo hoo. As for being negative, Biohazard 5 is a horrible game and Capcom ruined the Biohazard franchise, I have plenty reason to be negative about that. I'm not negative about everything and I am looking forward to certain games. Just because I'm not looking forward and I will not support Biohazard 5, you say I'm negative about everything. Your full of shit. I am looking forward to several games, one of which is Silent Hill Homecoming. SO NO, I'm not negative about EVERYTHING. Get your facts straight or get out or don't talk about me inaccurately. Just because someone doesn't share your opinion, you call them pompous? It's you who is pompous for that very reason.

And I meant fair to people, LIKE ME, who do not own the Wii and refuse to support it, much less buy it for the sake of playing one game. Being multiplatform is fair because that means Xbox 360 users and so forth can enjoy the game and not just limited to a Wii audience. I think the Wii is a horrible console and piece of garbage, you want to call me pompous just because I don't share your fondness for the Wii? Go right ahead, your entitled to your opinion but you are a seriously misguided and sore individual. Don't ever make judgments about ME as a person again. As Willy Wonka said 'Good day to you SIR!'.
                  Last edited by Archelon; 08-27-2008, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
                    Well, the REmake and Zero ran on early GC test engines that was developed into the RE4 one (likewise for PN 03). So using pre-rendered backgrounds is a step backwards nowadays.

I'd chalk it up to the nostalgia effect that REmake looks great to this day (I still find RE2 charming myself). It's about as dated as RE2 circa 2003.
                    Oh, I didn't know that about the pre-rendered backgrounds. Then again, I don't know much at all about computer animation.

In my opinion, I think that REmake or RE0 looks better than RE4. But I may be in the minority.

I don't see how you could completely remake the RE2 experience into an RE4 3-D environment...without the slower gameplay, backtracking, and pre-rendered backgrounds, RE2 would be like a 5-hour game. I think (if any of this RE2make stuff is even true), Capcom would be best suited to follow the lead of REmake.

Besides, the formula of RE2 is fine just the way it is...a graphical update and maybe a few additional features is all that is necessary.

I'd much rather have an RE2 update in the vein of REmake rather than another UC type of on-rails shooter...

Comment

On 2ch, nowhere did they say it was a remake. In all likely hood it's a port like with RE0, just including a new enemy and control system. If it was this way, it would suck!!

Comment

Even if this initial rumour is false it's only a matter of time before more RE will be released. Umbrella Chronicles sold over 1.1 million copies and RE4 continues to sell well on the Wii as long as the franchise sells this well Capcom will keep giving.

Comment

I am leaning towards this being true.

You ask why, well if anyone ordered BH0[wii]...there was a slip, about some survey, someone told me it was about making more REmakes...well I can't translate it/or the link didn't work, went to some odd page of capcoms.

:/
                          sigpic

Comment

RE4 has sold over 1.6m on the Wii. My guess is there will be something to coincide with the RE5 release. Remember Umbrella Chronicles started life as a spinoff and there was an old Mikami interview with some intresting information...

"Famitsu: Will Biohazard 5 appear on Wii, and what is in store for the Biohazard exclusive for Wii?

SM: Yes, Biohazard 5 will appear on Wii. Although I will let Capcom make that official. The exclusive will retain similar gameplay elements of Biohazard but will take consideration to Wii controller. [Biohazard 5 will not] but this exclusive will feature Albert Wesker as main character during events in and after Biohazard 4. We are also planning for second quarter Wii titles a ultimate remake of Biohazard 4 for Wii. With much heavy content than even PS2 version and will pay much tribute to Wii controls."

This interview is obviously old but I think it indicates something is in the pipeline...
                            Last edited by marcusray; 08-27-2008, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                              http://www.simprograms.com/images/funny/facepalm.jpg
                              Needs more Sisko.

See you in hell.

Comment

BEHAVE; PEOPLE!

In that thing thing was to be real, out of the random stuff listed in post 602 there... why is it that I almost find ソウルブレイダー2 more interesting?

Not that I wouldn't love to see a Resident Evil 2 REmake like treatment on the Wii.

YEAH, YOU HEARD ME! Wii

But that other name there, let it be real and let it be what I think it'd be :p
                                (Although it'd be pretty odd for something like that to be made, as it kinda... already exist.)

Comment

Working...
                                X