• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sven just answered in the Capcom boards:

This isn't worth a comment.

The news got me happy for some minutes though =P

Comment

Svenson is barely more reliable than 2ch itself. Half of his comments are fan based, safe guestimates. Magazine scans over the next few days will prove this story true or not on it's own. I truly wish it was. I'm longing for classic Biohazard and all but gave up on seeing it return.
      Last edited by Yama; 08-28-2008, 01:45 AM.

Comment

If this were real, the scans would have been out already. I don't think it is.

Comment

I really do hope this is real, I'd love a remake of RE2! That "knight" like enemy though sounds kinda dumb though if its true, although like someone said, it could just be a reference to William. Sadly though, this seems somewhat too good to be true, I guess we'll have to wait and see if this is real or not.

Comment

I think this might work best as a Wii game, really, since it'll require less resources to do. And really, it's not a matter of what is fair. It's a matter of which system will best suit what they're doing. If that's the Wii, then it'll be out on the Wii. If it's the others then it'll be out on those.

It does, however, make sense for the Wii I feel, as it'll corner a section of the market that doesn't own a 360/PS3 and therefore won't have bought those. Plus, between RE4 and UC I think the Wii's prooved it can handle enough zombies to make things interesting. We don't wanna see the levels of undead in Dead Rising, since that's a very different game.

Besides, I like the Wii. I find it an amusing machine to play upon.

My main concern, if this turns out to be real, is that it'll be another UC or RE4. In other words the game location and, roughtly, the story are taken but all the gameplay is removed. So you wander along a linear path killing things with no exploration and no puzzles.

Of course, if it was me I'd have the game start in another area's RPD (the 1.5 one) and then after a visit to Umbrella's offices and a trek through the streets you'd gaine entry to the sewers through the current RPD.

Comment

Originally posted by marcusray View Post
              RE4 has sold over 1.6m on the Wii. My guess is there will be something to coincide with the RE5 release. Remember Umbrella Chronicles started life as a spinoff and there was an old Mikami interview with some intresting information...

"Famitsu: Will Biohazard 5 appear on Wii, and what is in store for the Biohazard exclusive for Wii?

SM: Yes, Biohazard 5 will appear on Wii. Although I will let Capcom make that official. The exclusive will retain similar gameplay elements of Biohazard but will take consideration to Wii controller. [Biohazard 5 will not] but this exclusive will feature Albert Wesker as main character during events in and after Biohazard 4. We are also planning for second quarter Wii titles a ultimate remake of Biohazard 4 for Wii. With much heavy content than even PS2 version and will pay much tribute to Wii controls."

This interview is obviously old but I think it indicates something is in the pipeline...
              Wha? Shinji left Capcom right after RE4. How on earth is he commenting on Capcom stuff like this? Do you have a source?

Comment

Fake interview. But he was working with Clover until they closed doors in addition to running his own company. He did direct Clover's last game after all (the overlooked gem God Hand).

Comment

"This isn't worth a comment" <--rofl what an idiot. The other guy with "please capcom, no more ports/remakes"...I'm pretty sure there was only 1 remake...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chris' Boob View Post
                    "This isn't worth a comment" <--rofl what an idiot. The other guy with "please capcom, no more ports/remakes"...I'm pretty sure there was only 1 remake...
                    Respect Christian Svensson, he does his best spending his time replying everyday petulant persons asking him everyday the same things.
                    We shoud be grateful to him.

Comment

This better not be true. Too much of a risk that they'll just screw it up.

RE2 is fine as it is. No need to add anything.

Also, I am going to murder the next person who says "omg re4 controls wud own lol!!!!" with an axe. RE4 only removed the horror and tension and threw you in with a meh camera and a ridiculous amount of ammo. The controls were the exact same as the other games.

Keep RE4 as far away from the old games as possible. And for the love of god leave Resident Evil 2 alone.

oh and fuck the wii
                      Last edited by News Bot; 08-28-2008, 12:47 PM.
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Yeah RE2 with the same control of RE4 would be ridiculous... Capcom only cares money so I'm sure that if this is really true, RE2 Remake would be a waste of money and time. I don't believe it will be treated like REmake was, so as far as I'm concerned, Capcom wants to add recycled games to the Wii console to earn money making those fanboys wasting their hopes and the worst... their money.

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
                          This better not be true. Too much of a risk that they'll just screw it up.

RE2 is fine as it is. No need to add anything.

Also, I am going to murder the next person who says "omg re4 controls wud own lol!!!!" with an axe. RE4 only removed the horror and tension and threw you in with a meh camera and a ridiculous amount of ammo. The controls were the exact same as the other games.

Keep RE4 as far away from the old games as possible. And for the love of god leave Resident Evil 2 alone.

oh and fuck the wii
                          Exactly right. Leave it alone, there's no need to mess around with it.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post
                            Not in this case
                            I've founded the original source (thanks to my friend Feffe, writer of the NintendoClub.it) and translated it with google

Wii:バイオハザード2
                            ・GC1同様のフルリメイク
                            ・一部を除きWiiバイオ4と同じ視点と操作に変更
                            ・剣士型の新クリーチャーサウザンソーダー
                            ・追加ストーリー等あり.

Wii: Resident Evil 2
                            GC1 similar FURURIMEIKU
                            Except for some 4 Wii and the same viewpoint and bio-change operations
                            The new type of blade KURICHASAUZANSODA
                            Add in the story.

go to the number 602
                            Google doesn't translate very well, so I hope this is less to decipher. 2 years of University Japanese pays off, I guess.

Wii:バイオハザード2
                            ・GC1同様のフルリメイク
                            ・一部を除きWiiバイオ4と同じ視点と操作に変更
                            ・剣士型の新クリーチャーサウザンソーダー
                            ・追加ストーリー等あり.

Wii: Resident Evil 2
                            Full Remake similar to GC1
                            Except for some control and camera similarities to RE4 Wii Edition and bio-change operations
                            The new type of blade Creature "Thousand Sworder"
                            Expanded story.

There is nothing wrong with the wii. Just because you can't get used to the controller doesn't mean it is a failure. I wish they'd stuck with the name Revolution, but it's a solid system.

Also, the PS3 did not pioneer anything. The 6-axis controller of the PS3 is nothing new. That was around before the PS2. There was an add-on for the N64 called a Tilt-Pak, which did the same thing almost a decade ago.

I agree, though with the desire for a remake to be kept pure. No BH4 engine for BH2! No cop-out BH4 story butchery! I wish they hadn't done to 5 what they did to 4. It's gonna make me not want to buy it. I like BioHazard, not HALO with a shop.
                            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-28-2008, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cvxfreak View Post
                              If this were real, the scans would have been out already. I don't think it is.
                              According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famitsu it is released every Friday.

If it was last Fridays it would have been scanned by now yes, but this rumour started wednesday night/Thursday morning Japan?

It's possible was an early leak of upcomming article in this Fridays mag.

Kind of reaching though.
                              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Oh dear God.

DO NOT preach to cvxfreak about Famitsu please.

Comment

Working...
                                X