RE5's controls change, new scheme to be shown at TGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vogue_dirge View Post
    Well, no matter how much the controls and elements have changed, I'm still going to play it.

And I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy every second of it.

*shrug*
    Just take the game for what it is, and enjoy the fact that the RE franchise is still going strong and they haven't decided to drop it all together.

Yes, it may not be the Resident Evil we all fell in love with. Yes the horror and what-not may be gone to some degree. Yes the storyline and enemies may have been...tweaked a little.

I just chalk it up to Capcom trying to compete with other games on the market today. Games that are fast-paced, packed with action, and adorned with muscley(sp?) heroes and scantly clad heroines.

:3
    I'm right with you! no matter what hapends to the games, I'll still play them, the story must continue, and I will be there to see it finish once and for all (I think it will end in RE7 )

Comment

I'm not talking just about the gameplay, RE was zombies and viruses, now plagas al ganados? That's not RE, going after the president's daughter being a secret agent it's not what RE was meant to be...

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
        Man, people really aren't happy unless their complaining about something. Otherwise, you all would've gotten tired of whining a long time ago. You don't like the direction the series has taken. You think RE4 was a disgrace. You think Mikami made a huge mistake by changing the formula. You don't think it's "real Resident Evil" anymore. We get it.

But face the facts. The series has changed, whether you like it or not. It's probably never going to go back to the old style, and no amount of complaining or crying is going to change that. Seriously, get over it and move on. If you have such a huge problem with what Capcom has done with the franchise, then stop playing it. Stop giving Capcom your money. Find another game series to obsess over.

Heck, I can pretty much guarantee even the ones who are interested in RE5's story aren't going to be satisfied with the answers provided. Not even replacing Sheva with Jill or another returning character would quiet the people complaining about Capcom adding yet another new character to the series. Instead, they would all just complain about how Capcom has ruined Jill's character by making her perform all of the acrobatic maneuvers that we've seen Sheva perform.

I mean, holy crap, people.

This, basically. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
          I'm not talking just about the gameplay, RE was zombies and viruses, now plagas al ganados? That's not RE, going after the president's daughter being a secret agent it's not what RE was meant to be...
          Oh my friend, just like you said:

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
          RE is already done and this is what Mikami wanted
          Last edited by Ridley W. Hayes; 09-03-2008, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X