No announcement yet.

RE5's controls change, new scheme to be shown at TGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what it's worth, if you want to play a Resident Evil-turned-Gears Of War shooter today, there's a Dark Sector demo on the X-Box Live Marketplace, possibly on the PlayStation Network Store as well, not sure. It's one of the best games i've played all year, truly brilliant game, and an excellent blend of both games that just goes to show that a blend of both games can work...i just don't believe that Capcom are aiming for the marketing team to pass this off as a Dark Sector-clone!

Comment

I'm hoping that the extent to these mighty changes is the ability to run and gun at the same time. Add dodge and strafing and, well, I think we can safely go play Left 4 Dead and see that way of doing horror games done right.

I don't get it, though. One minute they're talking about bringing in more horror elements, the next they're talking about making it more action based. At least Left 4 Dead was doing this right from the start, but Capcom seem to be adding any element from any game they think has sold well.

Comment

Strafing wouldn't break the game provided the AI is up to snuff to compensate for it yet still give you the feeling of being constantly threatened by mass hordes of enemies.

All the same, i'd be happy if they just pulled their finger out, and allowed the right analog stick as a free view mechanic like in games like gears *as apposed to RE4's clunky point and force the camera in that area mechanic* to help with exploration and better movement.

"Run and Gun" along with strafing would probably break the game, improving the fluidity of the control and camera system would go a long way toward improving it.

Comment

Ugh.

I wonder when Capcom decided "Lolol let's take Resident Evil... and make it NOT Resident Evil! Yeah! That'll be super."

Let me guess, are they gonna say that this too is gonna be 'revolutionary' for taking some other games style? I just read a gaming magazine... and it said RE4 was like #3 or something on a list of CLASSIC games. That made me wanna puke but that's besides the point... They said RE4 was 'revolutionary' as being the 'first game to use over the shoulder', or something along those lines. Anyone ever heard of say... Fallout? Or how about Cold Fear? But Oh well. I guess this is gonna be another super-duper 'revolutionary' game. The pretty graphix r enuff 4 me, lololol.

-________-'
          Last edited by ShadowLeggy; 09-02-2008, 06:05 AM. Reason: colors!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowLeggy View Post
            [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]They said RE4 was 'revolutionary' as being the 'first game to use over the shoulder', or something along those lines. Anyone ever heard of say... Fallout? Or how about Cold Fear?
            I haven't played Fallout (yes, shame on me >_>), so I don't know if there was such camera, but Cold Fear was published two months after RE4 (in march, while RE4 for NGC was published the same year in january in both America and Japan).

And I'm too a litlle bit concerned about that Gears-like controls. RE without its stop-and-shoot mechanics will just turn into another fast-paced shooter :/.
            Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 09-02-2008, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowLeggy View Post
              They said RE4 was 'revolutionary' as being the 'first game to use over the shoulder', or something along those lines.
              Any evidence of this, or is it just random bile spitting for the sake of it?

Comment

I think she meant thats what they said in magazines, not Capcom themselves.
                Anyway, lolwut teh fook is Capcom snortin?

Comment

Proof that ANYONE said it would be nice, because i can't imagine any source being stupid enough to make such a comment, that's all.

Comment

You do have a point, unless they're some biased magazine.
                    Okay then, proof would be nice, or a review by a site etc.

Comment

Shooting while walking/running doesn't make a game necessary more action action and less horror, so stop complaining... there is a horror series that uses this feature since 1999... anyone noticed this? Silent Hill yeah

Comment

Who was complaining then?

Comment

@Stu
                          oh... stu stu, for example
                          Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                          And I'm too a litlle bit concerned about that Gears-like controls. RE without its stop-and-shoot mechanics will just turn into another fast-paced shooter :/.
                          PS: Mr Zombie I'm not saying your comment is stupid and and boring, this is only an example for Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post
                            there is a horror series that uses this feature since 1999... anyone noticed this? Silent Hill yeah
                            You can walk and shoot (not run) in both Dino Crisis and Resident Evil Outbreak: File 2. I actually found it really good and useful in Outbreak file 2.
                            It worked then, which is why I'm somewhat optimistic about this still. But as I said before, very cautious.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post
                              @Stu
                              oh... stu stu, for example

PS: Mr Zombie I'm not saying your comment is stupid and and boring, this is only an example for Stu
                              Well for one, you only really need to use my name once (anymore than once and it might look like you're trying to be condescending and to get a rise out of someone, and we know you wouldn't try that). And two, looks to me like he's just airing his concerns? That's all people are doing, airing their concerns, not complaining. It's a discussion board. People discuss here.

Learn to tell the difference, for the benefit of the board please?
                              Last edited by Stu; 09-02-2008, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                                You can walk and shoot (not run) in both Dino Crisis and Resident Evil Outbreak: File 2. I actually found it really good and useful in Outbreak file 2.
                                The fist Dino Crisis doesn't allow to shoot while running, and in the second you can both run/walk and shoot.
                                I mentioned SH becouse i was trying to do a strong example using actually the last old school real survival horror (that's my opinion obviously).
                                I agree about Outbreak 2.

@Big Stu
                                you misunderstand me, sorry man, calm down
                                Last edited by Sunglasses; 09-02-2008, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X