No announcement yet.

RE5's controls change, new scheme to be shown at TGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not too worried about it. While aiming, you moved slower than you did when you were just normally walking in Gears. You could only "run and gun" if you weren't aiming. For all we know, you may not even be able to fire your weapon unless you're aiming, ala MGS4.

Comment

I like the fact that the controls are changing. Otherwise, it would just be RE4 all over again. But, just because they are changing the controls to be more like Gears of War, doesn't necessarily mean the controls are going to be exactly like GOW. I'm sure they will have their differences. So, if they do it this way, they can keep the game fresh, and not just another RE4 rehash.
      My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
      ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Well, heres what I think: I like the idea of "The walking backward thing and shooting" (thanks for explaning Darkmoon, and also Sunglasses, my english is bad too, hehe); as Archelon said, the aiming-walking on GoW was that: aiming while walking, NOT runing, so I don't see why this can't be in RE5, it will be diferent, but maybe good... or bad... or... really bad.... I don't know! we'll have to see whats new on TGS, until then, noone will know the effects it'll have on the game and the series... Then we will learn of the history... Takeuchi will right for this world...

Comment

I not really suprised at the gameplay change since there has been a lot of complaints that the game looks to much like RE 4. I really don't know what to expect but feel they are trying to do too much. Maybe it will pay off or be a big mess but for me there better be a solid story.
          Last edited by Stars1356; 09-03-2008, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Well, bar the addition of walking and shooting (which would be nice) the only way to make this less like RE4 is to, well, make the ganados a bit brighter. Anything else will start pushing it, for me, too far into the realm of action.

Comment

They pretty much have to make the enemies smarter now. If all they're doing is slapping a new control scheme on without making any other changes, then the game will be fundamentally broken. People complained that RE4: Wii Edition was too easy with the IR aiming. Imagine if they had added the ability to walk and shoot at the same time.

Comment

That is just to much, it feals like my favorite game was being raped. Shit, that news are bad.
                "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

RE Series are just getting darker and darker... I don't know what to expect, Mikami said that RE4 was all that he wanted for the RE saga, and that it was a real Survival Horror... didn't he mean Survival Shooter? No...RE4, REUC and now this?

Seeing Chris in REUC making a backflip in the laser room was too much for me...

Comment

I don't know... at the time being, the news about the upcoming RE games doesn't hyped me the way they do before... I do care about the controls, but they can do a really scary game if they use them wisely. The only thing I hope is that the guys in the development team would make a great title for the RE franchise, not just a game with loads and loads of ammo to kill everything that cross your sight, a lame story and of course, with some character movements that makes sense, not with the super-action moves they've done for the two past games (not every hero has to be a totally flexible killing machine).

For now all I'll do is wait 'till the game come out and play it for an objective point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridley W. Hayes View Post
                      I don't know... at the time being, the news about the upcoming RE games doesn't hyped me the way they do before... I do care about the controls, but they can do a really scary game if they use them wisely. The only thing I hope is that the guys in the development team would make a great title for the RE franchise, not just a game with loads and loads of ammo to kill everything that cross your sight, a lame story and of course, with some character movements that makes sense, not with the super-action moves they've done for the two past games (not every hero has to be a totally flexible killing machine).

For now all I'll do is wait 'till the game come out and play it for an objective point of view.
                      Well that's what RE5 is going to be my dear friend so don't waste hopes out there... RE is already done and this is what Mikami wanted....

Comment

Man, people really aren't happy unless their complaining about something. Otherwise, you all would've gotten tired of whining a long time ago. You don't like the direction the series has taken. You think RE4 was a disgrace. You think Mikami made a huge mistake by changing the formula. You don't think it's "real Resident Evil" anymore. We get it.

But face the facts. The series has changed, whether you like it or not. It's probably never going to go back to the old style, and no amount of complaining or crying is going to change that. Seriously, get over it and move on. If you have such a huge problem with what Capcom has done with the franchise, then stop playing it. Stop giving Capcom your money. Find another game series to obsess over.

Heck, I can pretty much guarantee even the ones who are interested in RE5's story aren't going to be satisfied with the answers provided. Not even replacing Sheva with Jill or another returning character would quiet the people complaining about Capcom adding yet another new character to the series. Instead, they would all just complain about how Capcom has ruined Jill's character by making her perform all of the acrobatic maneuvers that we've seen Sheva perform.

I mean, holy crap, people.

Comment

I guess all, like you, have the right to say what we think, if you like wasting money on brainless things, go ahead it's not up to me... like you say, I'm complaining because everybody believes that RE5 will be scary and man, there will be probably a giant amount of ammo, I mean c'om wasn't RE4 like that? So how someone would expect to get RE back?

I guess, I won't find another game serie because I can still play the old RE games, But I couldn't care less about the upcoming ones, I'm sure RE Degeneration will have those pathetic lines explaining about Las Plagas...

This is not RE, i'm just being

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
                            This is not RE
                            Hate to break it to you, but RE is whatever Capcom wants it to be. It's their series. No one else's. They can do with it as they wish. You may not like it, but that doesn't make it "not RE."

Comment

Good 4 u then, I'm just saying what I think, and Capcom has those fanboys who still have enough money to spend on nothing.

Comment

Well, no matter how much the controls and elements have changed, I'm still going to play it.

And I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy every second of it.

*shrug*
                                Just take the game for what it is, and enjoy the fact that the RE franchise is still going strong and they haven't decided to drop it all together.

Yes, it may not be the Resident Evil we all fell in love with. Yes the horror and what-not may be gone to some degree. Yes the storyline and enemies may have been...tweaked a little.

I just chalk it up to Capcom trying to compete with other games on the market today. Games that are fast-paced, packed with action, and adorned with muscley(sp?) heroes and scantly clad heroines.

:3

Comment

Working...
                                X