No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch 2 - Playing RE2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, but when going strictly for time, a rank wouldn't matter ;)

Comment

Would it be possible to do a run under, say, 1:15:00?

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
        Would it be possible to do a run under, say, 1:15:00?
        The best time I've seen as of yet if 1:19:50, but I'd say it's possible...

Comment

actually i've scored at 1:00 mark on the PC version of leon's B scenario myself. (with the cheats on).

Comment

You can skip door sequences in the PC version, right?

Offtopic: AJ, Are you on Neogaf? I keep seeing someone with that same avatar.
            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-13-2008, 07:15 PM.

Comment

yeah, thats me.

and yeah you can skip door sequences in the PC version.

Comment

I don't know about 1 herb for an S rank, but you aren't allowed to use any first aid sprays. Only herb mixes. First Aid sprays reduce your ranking. That said, I don't know if there IS an S rank in the US version. All I'm adding is that FAS's will reduce your rank.
                Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 09-14-2008, 12:03 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

I find the FAS restrictions pretty stupid. FASes are rare anyway, and they're just the same as a red+green herb mix which are easy to make.

Comment

it would've made much more sense in RE3 where you can carry multiple FAS's in a single item slot, but surprisingly RE3 is a lot more easy going when it comes to rank, you can get away with using one or two FAS's.

Comment

• This topic reminded me that I just burned BIO2 a few weeks ago.So I am goin to play it on Hard with a Knife.I remember doing this with RE3 on hard,lol it took me 1 month and 5 saves,But of course I was 7

Comment

• I just finished Leon A with the first-release NTSC-UC Resident Evil 2, with a time of 2:34, and six saves. The ranking was B.

Hope this helps!

Comment

• I've found three different ways to get an S Rank in the US version. I'm not sure if any are real, but the knife one sounds impossible.

S Rank: Beat the game in 1:30. Use only One herb. don't use any weapon upgrades, no special weapons (like the R. Launcer) and don't pick a weapon up more than one time, like if you pick up the shot gun from the weapon owner, don't go and get it on the police station.
                          S Rank: Beat the game in 1:30. Use only One herb. don't use any weapon upgrades, no special weapons (like the R. Launcer) and don't pick a weapon up more than one time, like if you pick up the shot gun from the weapon owner, don't go and get it on the police station. Only use the Magnum or the Shotgun, not both.
                          S Rank: Beat the game in 1:30. Use only One herb. Use only the Knife, and don't pick a weapon up more than one time, like if you pick up the shot gun from the weapon owner, don't go and get it on the police station.
                          I beat Claire B after a few screw ups. The main one being that I forgot to get the crank in the basement of the RPD. Doh. But I still managed to get the gatling gun ;) Two more and I have Tofu! Then I can check out the Easy mode and the Arrange Rookie mode.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-14-2008, 06:10 AM.

Comment

• naaw, S rank is basically the equivalent of the A rank in the Jp version.

a knife run is quiet possible though .. this guy made a video of it .. scroll down the page a bit ...

Comment

• Originally posted by A-J View Post
                              naaw, S rank is basically the equivalent of the A rank in the Jp version.

a knife run is quiet possible though .. this guy made a video of it .. scroll down the page a bit ...

http://homepage3.nifty.com/shin3/BIOHAZARD.htm
                              Seen that video before, cool to see it again though.

If I remember correctly the JP and everywhere else is diiferent.

JP Others

S A
                              A B
                              B C

And so forth. Theres other rankings but you get the general idea.
                              Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

• Gah! I finished within 5 seconds of my previous time for Leon A, and I screwed up in different ways, lol. Weird! Claire B will be the final run tomorrow ;)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X