RPD Dispatch 2 - Playing RE2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPD Dispatch 2 - Playing RE2

Yep, thats right! We're moving on to Resident Evil 2, despite the fact I have a few loose ends to tie up with 3. In case it wasn't obvious, this will be the discussion for the next podcast.

I just completed a Claire A run through, and I gotta say, this game was a lot shorter and somewhat un-eventful from what I remember. Perhaps its because I never did a Claire A run. I had a massive surplus of ammo and healing items at the end as well. It only took me 3 hours to beat the game and I viewed all the cutscenes!

It seems like theres a lot of differences in the unlockables between the versions too, that that should be fun to document I'm going through the Gamecube version. Thus far, the graphics look great. The backgrounds are sadly 320x240 upscaled, but the models look nice and clean. I struggled at first with the lack of a quick turn option. I've become so accustomed to having it there. It was really odd, and I found myself trying to use it quite a lot. I think it really limited them in what they could do with the bosses.

I have a quick question though. I recall that if you activate the anti-BOW gas, theres a drawback. But I can't seem to recall what it is. Does anyone know?
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-06-2008, 07:21 AM.

You'll always have loose ends with RE3, John. It's an obsession.
    See you in hell.

Comment

If I remember correctly, if you use anti-BOW gas in scenario A, Ivies in scenerio B will be poisonous. Thus it's only worth using in scenario B.
      Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 09-06-2008, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
        I just completed a Claire A run through, and I gotta say, this game was a lot shorter and somewhat un-eventful from what I remember. Perhaps its because I never did a Claire A run. I had a massive surplus of ammo and healing items at the end as well. It only took me 3 hours to beat the game and I viewed all the cutscenes!
        Play Nightmare mode on Dreamcast / PC. It's PUNISHING, especially with Claire

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
        I have a quick question though. I recall that if you activate the anti-BOW gas, theres a drawback. But I can't seem to recall what it is. Does anyone know?
        The ivies turn red, and can poison you.
        sigpic

Comment

Isn't there a similar situation like this in Code Veronica?
          See you in hell.

Comment

I guess a RE2 talk in the next podcast?

Fool around with a knife fight too. Its quite easy to kill monsters with a knife here compare to other RE games imo.

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
              Fool around with a knife fight too. Its quite easy to kill monsters with a knife here compare to other RE games imo.
              You must be kidding..I knifed a zombie 20~25 times before they died. It was almost comical. I'll put a video up if required

I'm still waiting on a VGA>Component converter box to arrive before I go onto the Dreamcast stuff.

As for the zapping system, does anyone know if it only applies to certain item types? I'd assume handgun rounds and the submachine gun / side pack, but are there only certain pickups that this affects? Or is it all?

Also, I found that I somehow didn't fill up my file books. I'm pretty sure I found every file. I guess the rest are in Scenario B?

And am I reading this right? In order to get an S rank, you can only use 1 herb?! Insane!
              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-06-2008, 08:37 AM.

Comment

I just stood there and knife once, then walk backward to pull the distance, and knife again until it die. The only time i will take damage is if the other zombie get to me, or the zombie I am knifing decided to lunge forward to bite at my ankle

I just checked the perfect capture guide regarding the zapping system...seems to affect only some stuffs

1)the shutting of the window by the metal shutter on RPD1F
                2)the number of zombies in the marvin office
                3)tne SMG/side pack
                4)the item appearance in the alligator passage
                5)The sleeping quarter in the lab. burning the plant tentacles on the ventilation hole cause the naked zombies to appear in scenario B or something
                6)the BOW gas
                7)the fingerprint room

Comment

Killing zombies with your knife in RE 2 is too difficult - Personally i think that Code Veronica had some easy knife kills
                  sigpic

Comment

I've done knife runs in RE2. It's easier than doing it in RE3 imo.

It wasn't that hard. The alligator was a pain in the ass though.

Comment

correct me if im wrong but there is no S rank in any of the english releases of Resi 2. Your reading it wrong dot :p

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                        correct me if im wrong but there is no S rank in any of the english releases of Resi 2. Your reading it wrong dot :p
                        I'm sure right, the S rank was only in the Japanese versions.

Dot once you start Scenario B with Leon can you tell me if there is fire after the helicopter crash, I was playing through RE2 myself, but no fire after the crash and it doesn't feel right.

I know someone already answered this, but something about it is really weird.
                        Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

^

if your talking about the heli that crashes on the roof of the RPD, i think the fire is there in either scenario, you have to put it out with both A and B characters.

Comment

Dot once you start Scenario B with Leon can you tell me if there is fire after the helicopter crash, I was playing through RE2 myself, but no fire after the crash and it doesn't feel right.

I know someone already answered this, but something about it is really weird.
                            Yes, there is fire after the crash and you have to put it out to get some shotgun shells.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                              Yes, there is fire after the crash and you have to put it out to get some shotgun shells.
                              Pistol rounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X