RPD Dispatch 2 - Playing RE2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    I think we can focus on just PS3 saves for now ;) I'll look into converting them to dex drive (i'm sure its not very difficult).
    If I'm not mistaken, the PS3 has a filetype named PSV or PVS, I can't remember, but I recall reading that they are like a savestate, and not save data themselves or something.
    I've tried converting PSV and other save files on the PC, I just don't find it possible, and as I've read from...ps2 mod tools? It's impossible.
    That was a while ago though, so they probably cracked it?

Comment

Resident Evil 2 is, in my opinion, the best title in the series, and to a point, I feel like it's the perfect sequel. It took the great aspects from the first game, and expanded upon them, while not changing anything too vastly. It deals with the aftermath of the first game, while creating a new story for itself, so it never felt like a rehash of the first, and allowed new players to pick up and play, without feeling they needed any baggage (Something that clearly worked, as Resident Evil 2 is still the best selling title in the series too).

Comment

@dot

if your interested in PS1 version saves, here's a save file i submitted to gamefaqs years ago, it has cleared game saves for all 4 scenario's beaten on hard difficulty as well as hunk and tofu unlocked.

only for RE2 dual shock edition though.

Comment

I just played through Claire A on the Gamecube with a fresh memory card, finished in 01"23"09 and saved Leon B. It now works fine the fire is now there.

However when I switch the Gamecube off, swap the memory card and load the other Leon B, the fire is still NOT there. Very strange.

Does anyone think it would worth checking out the rest of the game, with the Leon B game, with NO fire to see if anything else may have changed or doesn't happen?

Does anyone know if there are any records online of the fastest times? Would love to try and beat them.
          Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

Dot,

Action Replay/GS don't work on PS3, so no cheats were used. I have tried to get AR/CB/GS to work but to no success.

Comment

Swap Magic v3.8 boots incompatible PS2 games and cheat discs on the PS3 it bypasses the hypervision.
              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

I got through Leon A on the N64 just under three hours. I only found like three EX files during my play through. The only thing that sucked were the random resets that my N64 kept doing while playing the game. Luckily a little isopropyl took care of the issue. Plus Leon's nanosuit is great. Blasted me some zombies with my maximum strength!

Comment

I'm pretty much giving up the series, and before I went on vacation, I transferred all my RE/BH files into one folder the PS3. Apparently I had kept all my old files, which include complete ones for the PS1 trilogy. If you want, I'll forward all of them to you to sort out when I get back on the 20th.

The RE3 one is a JPN save, and it has a small AR connection. I had to use one to bypass the regional locking on the disc (remember that short lived pesky thing?).

I have a full DC1 save too... JPN. I played that version to death in 1999.

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
                  If I'm not mistaken, the PS3 has a filetype named PSV or PVS, I can't remember, but I recall reading that they are like a savestate, and not save data themselves or something.
                  I've tried converting PSV and other save files on the PC, I just don't find it possible, and as I've read from...ps2 mod tools? It's impossible.
                  That was a while ago though, so they probably cracked it?

All you need to do is take the PSV file, and put it on the appropriate folder within the bigger PS3 folder. As I recall, it's called Save or something (transfer some saves from the PS3 to a memory stick and you'll know which one it is).

Transfer it back to the PS3, and voila. Then you can copy it to a PS2/1 memory card.

Comment

Originally posted by alf717 View Post
                    I got through Leon A on the N64 just under three hours. I only found like three EX files during my play through. The only thing that sucked were the random resets that my N64 kept doing while playing the game. Luckily a little isopropyl took care of the issue. Plus Leon's nanosuit is great. Blasted me some zombies with my maximum strength!
                    I glad you mentioned the N64 for version, I forgot that I had it. I never really played it that much and think i will have to fire up the N64 after I get threw my exam.

Comment

Umon, that would be great

Also, Nanaosuit? Is there another alternate costume on the N64 version?

Comment

hehe mr. green comes with the list of unlockables:

I'll keep it in a spoiler tag for those that well wanna find it out themselves =p

Spoiler:

I remember the DC version had the 180° turn and the running around was a hell lot faster, but you couldn't skip any of the cutscenes. So the GC Version is the same as the PS, oh well I'll gonna buy it anyway :p

Hmm never heard about Rank S being only in the japanese version...
                        I never managed to finish Tofu or Hunk games, also was never able to get Rank S, couldn't even unlock the Gatling Gun on the DC Version
                        but that's on my list to do... I'm just busy with the REmake at the moment, wanna beat inivisible enemy mode under 5 hours

Comment

Umon, that would be great

Also, Nanaosuit? Is there another alternate costume on the N64 version?
                          Aside from what was already changed no. Both of his alternative outfits were changed in the N64 version from all the other previous version. The S.T.A.R.S. outfit justs looks like a nanosuit from Crysis to me thats all.
                          Last edited by alf717; 09-08-2008, 07:44 AM.

Comment

I beat the B scenario this morning. 3 hours flat, haha. It was quite fun, and a lot more interesting than Claire's A scenario. I'm going to go back through now Leon A, Claire B.

Does anyone know if there are special cutscenes that happen only when certain requirements are met? Or even optional ones? Also, how about the custom shotgun parts? I couldn't find them
                            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-08-2008, 11:47 PM.

Comment

I beat the B scenario this morning. 3 hours flat, haha. It was quite fun, and a lot more interesting than Claire's A scenario. I'm going to go back through now Leon A, Claire B.

Does anyone know if there are special cutscenes that happen only when certain requirements are met? Or even optional ones? Also, how about the custom shotgun parts? I couldn't find them
                              The only scenes like that I can think of are the zombies crawling through the shutters. In that they open if they are put down, and then come through.
                              Also Mr X getting back up after you 'kill' him in the first encounter.

The custom shotgun parts are on the body in the first tunnel, which links the cable car to the turntable control room (save room). It's the same place Claire gets the sparkshot.
                              sigpic

Comment

Custom shotgun parts should be located on the dead zombie after you get off the skytram. Its the same place that Claire finds the sparkshot.

edit: gene you beat me to it.
                                Last edited by Stars1356; 09-09-2008, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X