Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumor: Dead Rising 2 being made by US team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: Dead Rising 2 being made by US team?

1UP/EGM employee Shane Bettenhausen commented on a Dead Rising 2 rumor on the latest episode of the 1UP Yours podcast, saying that Dead Rising 2 is being made by an American team, rather than being developed by Capcom internally. While he doesn't cite a source for this information, he seems quite sure that this is a fact and speaks about how Capcom had previously tried to shoot the rumor down. It seems he's come across some new information and brought the subject up again on the podcast, albeit briefly.

It is nice to see that the game is being made, however I'm a bit skeptical that they haven't announced what studio is creating it. Heres hoping its one with a good reputation.

Didn't past words on the "rumored" Dead Rising 2 say something about some "sports studio" being the ones doing it?
    (What was the name of that studio doing those baseball games? I seem to recall there were rumors about one of those being involved.)
    Also seem to recall the name Blue Castle Games being tossed out in the air too.

Ofcourse, at the end of the day, why announce a studio when there's no game announced?

As a sidenote, though, it's probably worth mentioning that on the Bionic Commando podcast, in one of the early episodes, they referred to the IP as "the Dead Risings" (Yeah, plural). Not good to say whether that just referred to the Wii take on the original or if it was just a tiny bit of mispronunciation.

I guess we'll know what studio it is the day they announce the game. Which I'd say probably wont be until the Wii one is out (or close to being released).
    Last edited by Carnivol; 09-06-2008, 08:24 AM.

Comment

I hope it will release for the PS3, too

Comment

and wiiiiiiii

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
          and wiiiiiiii

Sorry but Wii sucks

Comment

Take it to your MySpace, fanboy.

Dead Rising 2 will probably launch on all three machines, probably all on the same day i'd imagine.

You just know it's going to include co-op too!

Comment

I hope this rumor isn't true. I'd rather Capcom make this game. Capcom spends the time and focuses on the quality of their games, unlike a lot of other companies. This game could suck if made by some other company.
              My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
              ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

If the game is coming out, I see it being mutliplatform. There are very few games out today that are just on one platform and capcom seems to want to cash in like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Zomby View Post
                  Sorry but Wii sucks
                  Quoted for truth.

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
                  Take it to your MySpace, fanboy.
                  Stop telling people what to do. You seem unable to respect someone for having a different opinion and just being able to move on, that's what makes him different than you. No big deal. God knows you and I are completely different. If you don't like someones opinion, don't comment on it, ignore it and talk about something else. Much preferred over you going berzerk and having a psychotic breakdown at the realization that most people in the world don't want to be anything like you or share your convictions, whatever they may be.

Comment

Originally posted by Biocore View Post
                    Stop telling people what to do.
                    Can you see the irony in that you're TELLING ME to stop TELLING OTHERS what to do?

It's quite obvious, we don't need another news topic turning into another thread full of "Oh my G0d that console sux!1!" rubbish.

Now, i suggest you stop making a big song and dance here before you banned from the site for something like the fourth of fifth time now? Don't think i haven't figured out who you are YET AGAIN.

Now, play nicely. I won't be commenting on this again, so if you want to get a last word in, go nuts. Thank you for reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
                      Can you see the irony in that you're TELLING ME to stop TELLING OTHERS what to do?

It's quite obvious, we don't need another news topic turning into another thread full of "Oh my G0d that console sux!1!" rubbish.

Now, i suggest you stop making a big song and dance here before you banned from the site for something like the fourth of fifth time now? Don't think i haven't figured out who you are YET AGAIN.

Now, play nicely. I won't be commenting on this again, so if you want to get a last word in, go nuts. Thank you for reading.
                      Awesome. Biocore is a real tosser. He is always trying to instigate things, so it's nice to see him put in his place.

As for the (supposed) DR2...I see it being another 360 exclusive, or maybe a 360 and PS3 title. I think the Wii is getting "Chop 'til you Drop" as it's only DR title.
                      Last edited by Jill's Boob; 09-06-2008, 06:58 PM.

Comment

If they have to give it to a western developer, they should give it to Grin once they're finished with Bionic Commando.

Comment

Originally posted by Biocore View Post
                          Quoted for truth.

Stop telling people what to do. You seem unable to respect someone for having a different opinion and just being able to move on, that's what makes him different than you. No big deal. God knows you and I are completely different. If you don't like someones opinion, don't comment on it, ignore it and talk about something else. Much preferred over you going berzerk and having a psychotic breakdown at the realization that most people in the world don't want to be anything like you or share your convictions, whatever they may be.
                          Big Stu may not wield any influence on these forums, but I do, and now I'm telling you to stop derailing threads with your tiresome anti-Wii viewpoints. I'm tolerant of all opinions, but you contributed literally nothing relevant to this thread. Stop.
                          Last edited by cvxfreak; 09-06-2008, 09:59 PM.

Comment

where do you guys think dead rising 2 will be in Willamete or...

Comment

Nah they've done the mall now...it'll be onwards and upwards, bigger and more locations i'd imagine.

Dead Rising: Racoon City Edition anyone?

Comment

Working...
                              X