Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibly New Resident Evil 0 (N64) Footage Posted at 64DD.net!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice finding.
    Man, cut-scenes and acting in this version were terrible:
    Rebecca: Aaahh! *pause* Who are you?
    Billy: No. Who. Are. You?

I'm glad they redid it in NGC version. Also, it looks that in NGC Zero Rebecca has different voice actor than in N64 version (at least it sounds different). Dunno about Billy and Edward, they sound similar.

But those zombies behind the window as well as handless Edward were great ideas, shame they didn't use it in GC version too. Anyone know how far the game was in development when they scratched it and started the NGC version?
    Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 09-10-2008, 04:33 AM.

Comment

I really like the ambient music they had. And the dialog when Rebecca met Billy seemed a lot more natural. In the Gamecube version it seemed forced, while here it seemed pretty natural for Billy to back away like that with the gun still pointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
        I really like the ambient music they had.
        Indeed the music sounds good and creates atmosphere - it's different from the GC version. Is there any way to retrieve the music from the video?
        sigpic

Comment

Very cool. Thanks Carnivol!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
            But those zombies behind the window as well as handless Edward were great ideas, shame they didn't use it in GC version too.
            I imagine the reason Edward still had both his hands in the GC version was because Joseph didn't find a severed hand in the REmake's intro.

Comment

Wow! Although i pretty much hate RE0 from GC this left me excited and wanting to play it, just like RE1.5. I enjoyed the music very much and that scene with the zombies looking through the window was really resident evil creepish! The voice acting was somewhat bad, (specially Rebecca - her voice sounds like Rebecca from original RE to me! ) but that is/was almost a RE trademark so i wounld't really care!

Originally posted by Stars1356 View Post
              Nice find. After watching this I think I rather would have had this version than the GC one. I heard the nothing was changed expect the graphics which means same ridiculous story with marcus.
              Yeah i really hate that story... the singing man (i don't really care for his name, is he Marcus? Nah... forget it, i don't care! ) is so ridiculous and non resident evil at all! From zero i really only like the train and the leeches - although i don't think the leech zombies shoud be that hard, wich makes me just avoid them. I also like the ideia of playing with rebecca - because of her fragility - but the co-op play just ruined everything for me, as she became no more than a pack mule...

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
              I imagine the reason Edward still had both his hands in the GC version was because Joseph didn't find a severed hand in the REmake's intro.
              LOLOL hahaha so true. "Joooseeeph!!!"
              Last edited by IGUANO; 09-10-2008, 01:56 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                Wow good point. I never though of it that way. I wonder if this is first video that has ever shown Edward on the N64 hardware.

Comment

-
                  Last edited by LeechCharmer; 03-08-2009, 12:48 AM.

Comment

I like how it seemed very RE2 like and the cheesy voice acting is the best!

Comment

How far did Capcom get with RE0 N64?

There's like a 1% chance they'd bring this version to the DS, but it would be so nice if they did.

That said, I'd say I prefer the GC game we eventually got.
                      Last edited by cvxfreak; 09-11-2008, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Great find, thanks for posting. I'd love to try Biohazard 0 with the faster gameplay of the N64 version. Certainly more resemblant of the previously released titles. Also like Dot pointed out, the ambient music was somewhat fitting for the title.

Comment

Originally posted by alf717 View Post
                          Wow good point. I never though of it that way. I wonder if this is first video that has ever shown Edward on the N64 hardware.
                          No, there was ones of this scene at GameSpot during 2000. The problem with it was there was an exceptional amount of glare on the screen and all of the event noise in the background, so you couldn't hear much of what was going on or see much of anything. Additionally the only other clear footage was Capcom's official E3 reel commecial of the game there is a side on shot of the dead body of Edward as Rebecca runs past with dogs in pursuit.

CVX - I recall reportedly from around the TGS in 2000 where the game was also displayed the team a large amount of the game done. Of course around this time the Nintendo 5 project began to take off and the team decided to move the title to the next generation console as one of the projects.
                          Last edited by Rombie; 09-11-2008, 10:36 AM.

Comment

RE0 N64 conveys a particular fascination, but I still prefer the GC version.
                            However nice find Carnivol! I'm glad to see people still love old style.

Comment

This looked to be as campy as the original dialogue wise. Even the animations are closer to the quality of the original game than RE2 or 3.

Originally posted by cvxfreak View Post
                              How far did Capcom get with RE0 N64?

75% according to an old Minami interview. In fact, he said that nothing changed game content-wise in the GC game. I reckon this would've had more of an impact and garnered more sales than the GC version.

Rob, I think Okamoto pushed for the project's move to the GC at the time. Mikami had little to do with either version, though oddly enough, Kamiya designed the zapping system while working on RE4/DMC.

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
                                Rob, I think Okamoto pushed for the project's move to the GC at the time. Mikami had little to do with either version, though oddly enough, Kamiya designed the zapping system while working on RE4/DMC.
                                Wouldn't surprise me one bit. I guess he would see it as a good fit for Capcom to move to the next generation Nintendo console and a project that would originally be planned to be quick to make change over... obviously in the end that didn't work out as planned.

I was supposed to say earlier... it's obviously built off the same engine work done for RE2 on N64, maps and item menu are exactly the same... enemies seem to be as blocky as the RE264 edition as well.
                                Last edited by Rombie; 09-12-2008, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X