1942: Joint Strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1942: Joint Strike

So what does anyone think of remaking really old games such as this?

I personally like this remake, reminds of being young (20+ Years ago).

I don't really mind the remake of this, sometimes they try remakes and say we'll do this and that. Basically sometimes remakes are really messed up, but I like this one basic gameplay has not been tampered with. Graphics have been updated (note: I'm not a graphics junkie) thats all thats really different, some trophy support would have been nice, but what u gonna do.

Read a 'funny' post on Gamefaqs, "Is any genre of game safe from WWII?".

Everyone pounced on them with remake answer.

Honestly no offence to any of the younger members, but some don't have a clue what they're talking about.

What'll they talk about next, Ermac in MK1 and try and claim hes real with some sort of BS way to fight him.

Sorry, I lost track. anyone who wants a co-op game of 1942: Joint Strike add my PS3 ID is also my username here.

Pacman is the pizza man.
    Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

1942 is great, i loved the original on the Amstrad CPC 464 and i jumped on this one months ago when it launched on the US store (absolutely no need for the delay to the EU PSN!). Such great fun. All three Capcom remakes on the PSN have been absolute quality, all three have been done to perfection.

Comment

Three remakes??

I may have missed one somewhere, I can only see 1942 & Bionic Commando.

Unless there's an obvious one I've missed.

sigpic

Comment

Is Commando 3 a remake? I thought i'd played that in the arcades haha

Comment

I don't know.

But it's not listed in the UK/EU Store.

If it's only in the arcades, ignore the middle line.

sigpic

Comment

I shall have to check out 1942: Joint Strike, I've been meaning to purchase it on the PS3.
            See you in hell.

Comment

Old school gaming, with a new lick of paint, can't be beat.

sigpic

Comment

I'm already a huge fan of Rearmed, though I've just played the demo of 1942 and it didn't seem all that great to me. The gameplay is pretty hollow, there's no good way for me to describe it really.
                See you in hell.

Comment

"Hollow" sounds pretty accurate to me.

When the game was originally out, all you really had was your friends scores to beat.

But now you've got 3 planes to choose from.

Plus there is scores from people you don't know.

So I don't know, unless you're obssessed with getting the highest score, then 'hollow' sounds about right.

But I like getting some of my favourite music, switching on this game and blasting everything in sight. An easy nights playing, without wondering why did this happen or that happen, or trying to remember ridiculously sized combos on fighting games, or remembering where each and every item is in whatever game.

Just kick back, if it moves blast the hell out of it, Doom is good for this too.

Sorry, I did go on a bit.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X