Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RPD Dispatch Podcast Episode #2

War Horse Uranium

Default RPD Dispatch Podcast Episode #2

In this episode, we discuss Resident Evil 2 and how we felt about it having gone back and played through it. We also touch a small bit on the pre-release version of Biohazard 2 that was nicknamed Beta 2. In the second segment we have a short bit of news that occurred between the last podcast and this one. Finally, we have an interview with C2keo, the 3d modeler and sound engineer for the Dark Biohazard mod. In between the segments we have some commercials from the Resident Evil universe which were created on the suggestion of Project Omega. I'd also like to thank Sin Valentine for her help with the Safsprin commercial.

For the next podcast (which will be recorded in two weeks), we'll be playing the original game in the series, Resident Evil 1. We've also got a voice mail line setup, which will be available to call on Saturday, October 4th. If you want to give us a call to talk about anything, let us know how were doing or even try and get your comment played on the podcast, send a Skype message to the username bifftannentruewinner, and our voice mail should pick up after a few rings. Be aware, that we won't have this up until the specified date. Alternatively, you can send me a private message and we can arrange how to send us an mp3 recording. We'd love to hear from you guys, especially if its about the game we'll be playing that particular week, or even the games we've played on past podcasts.

Finally, later today we should have an interview with Dominion, the leader of the Dark Biohazard mod which will shed some more light on the game. We'll also have some really ace looking renders that C2keo provided us with for the interview up on that feature as well, so be sure to check back later today for that.

DOWNLOAD
    1 hour 10 minutes, 64MB

#48 Executioner

I can provide mp3's recorded in audacity anything particular you want us to talk about? or know?
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

Mad Jackal

I've only started listening, but I've already got one small suggestion.
    Maybe some 'album' art or an illustration, for people whose media players support them?

EDIT: Just finished listening. LOVED the sketch at the end! Whinging Pom
    Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 09-23-2008 at 10:58 AM.

Banned

"Is this what Americans do with their time?" LOL!

Okay, loved the podcast, but I felt that the interview with C2Keo wasn't very informative. I wanted to hear about Dark BioHazard, not his opinion on the Resident Evil series. Sorry if I sound harsh, but I was really looking forward to the interview

Second, the intervals and ads are really good Keep it up!

Third, I was a bit surprised to learn that Dominion had some sort of inside info on BioHazard 1.5, like backgrounds or something. What's that all about?

Lastly, there were random blank gaps for about 2 or 3 seconds at a time. There were only a few of these (maybe 4 or 5), but they still made me wonder what happened

Overall, an 8/10. Kept me entertained for an hour and a half, and that's what I like to hear
    Last edited by Helegad; 09-23-2008 at 12:33 PM.

THIA Staff

Sweet nibblets! That was delightfully entertaining.

I too liked the sketch in the end. Good show!

#30 Birkin Type 2

Very very well done, the advertisments and such really tied things togeather, it gave the podcast alot of substance, I to was alittle dissapointed in the interview ( but I am the kind of person to want more more more when it comes to mods/games)

About the Resident Evil zapping thing, As one of yous dudes said, it was released in 1998, on the playstation 1 era, besides, sometimes I think Capcom made the Resident Evil Universe so vast, even they have a hard time remembering everything they impliment.

As for Hunk been in Resident Evil 4, he is most likely a Fan Service character.

Cannot wait for this Dominion Interview.

Great job, guys, excellent podcast. No matter what, I liked the interview part. What do you think about detailed discussion about re 1.5 in some of the next podcast? P.S. Hypotheticly, when do you make a degeneration based podcast, how long should we wait after Japan release for it? And shoud we wait for at all.
    Last edited by Nomad9026; 09-23-2008 at 01:54 PM.
    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

War Horse Uranium

Gene has said that he'd be willing to come on and discuss Degeneration with us, so I expect we'd get that done rather quickly after he sees it ;)

Helegad, the text interview with Dominion has a lot more information on Dark Biohazard, so that should be what you are looking for. The C2keo interview was more focused on how he created the 3d model backgrounds, so any aspiring modelers out there could get an idea of how to go about building them.

There are times when John's connection sort of craps out (he is in the UK afterall) and then the 2-3 seconds of words he says all flood back in one second. When that happens, I try to get him to re-record, but its difficult.

I'm glad you guys liked that skit at the end ;) We're planning on making it an actual segment if people like it, lol.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-23-2008 at 02:49 PM.

For British Eyes Only

Great podcast guys the sketch at the end was a very good idea

hey dot, what do you guys use to record your podcast? i really want do do one between me my friend todd and my other friend victor and we all live in different areas in CT.

also an idea about how HUNKs team got in.

Since they work for umbrella maybe they had some special clearance to get in and were allowed into the lab areas by security. it makes sense if he works for umbrella in a sense.

War Horse Uranium

We use Skype, rider. For recording I use an application called Prettymay, which has a 30 day trial. Give it a try

Thats the only thing I could really think of as well. They had to let the security personnel know an operation was taking place. Though some people at the Project Umbrella boards put forth the idea that perhaps Hunk's team was from Umbrella Europe and that they were trying to retrieve a sample of the G-Virus, since they loaned out an NE-T parasite to the US branch. Sort of in-fighting and such.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-23-2008 at 02:55 PM.

#48 Executioner

Is Sykpe free eg: can use a microphone like msn?
    Last edited by kevstah2004; 09-23-2008 at 03:34 PM.

THIA Staff

Skype to Skype is free.

#48 Executioner

Diddums for me then what makes Skype any better than AOL or MSN can you actually call a real telephone number without it costing you or do you have to have Skype and be constantly online? I just don't get the point of Skype when you can use MSN or AOL with a microphone.
    Last edited by kevstah2004; 09-23-2008 at 03:52 PM.

Another good one I like that its quite a long podcast too. Plenty of time to have an in depth discussion

I find the conversations relating to beta stuff interesting. Maybe when you go over RE1 in the next one you could mention some beta stuff from that game?

I'd like to join in, but I think one Brit is enough

War Horse Uranium

Thanks for all the comments everyone. Sorry for not being around today. I've been struggling with a fresh install of Vista.

#30 Birkin Type 2

I pretty much like it, but would it be possible for the next one make the diferent sounds of the recording at the same vibrate? sometimes the recording of Mr. Spencer was louder than the recording of c2keo and such... or it's just me O_o?

Love the intro of the podcast and the Michael Warrren commercial, too bad SinValentine didn't have a proper mic for her recording, but I like it too =D. Looking forward the 3th episode n_n.

War Horse Uranium

We tried to sync up the voices as best we could, sorry about that. I'll make sure its better next time, since we wont have a guest (probably).

Elite Virus Scrubber

awesome episode guys, although it felt a bit short, maybe im just used to hearing the 2+ hour 1up podcasts ..

The Emissary

RE1 will give us much to talk about.
    See you in hell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information