Wesker in RE5, Biohazard Remake coming to Wii 12/25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gideon Quinn View Post
    Be that as it may, Wesker's presence in RE4 sure didn't represent continuity or tie up loose ends. All he did was create more questions and end every sentence with the word 'sample'....

I wouldn't be suprised if a similar thing happens in RE5. Seems like he's a bit more of a prominent character, though, being announced from the outset.
    What? Wesker's presence in RE4 was the only thing that connected the asinine Las Plagas plot with the original motive of Umbrella. Otherwise RE4 was just a 100% side story with characters from the RE universe.

Sure, more questions were added to the mythology, but it's not a stretch of the imagination to think that Wesker wants to use the Plagas sample to continue his established quest to research & create B.O.W.s...

Of course he'll have a prominent role in 5. In 4, he was just tossed in at the end as a way of attaching that game to the series' roots. And Wesker has strong ties to Chris, whereas the only thing he related to in 4 was Ada. I'm sure Wesker could care less about douchebag Leon - they've never interacted, and maybe never will.

Wesker's role has been increasing as the series built towards RE5. He was given a lot of exposure in Umbrella Chronicles, and he has been present in the last two outings - RECV and RE4. I imagine him to get a lot of screen time in RE5.

Comment

Indeed REmake will be another crappy release, they shouldn't port those games, REmake and Zero must stick to Nintendo console, I wouldn't be suprised if the game is ported to PS3 or PC... It's all about money...

I don't think It will have extras, If so, they'll suck because all would be with the wii controller... which is depressing...

Comment

Well, I made a semi-rambly ... ramble over here about why I've always really liked Wesker. But then again, terms like overrated make me sad because for the most part, when something's 'popular', it's obviously doing something that catches the interest of so many people. But of course like everything, it's not the universal cup o' tea.

And on a purely aesthetic note: I think his character design is just bad-ass awesome-looking and fits perfectly with him, to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
          I can picture it now;

CHRRRRRRRRRRIS!!! Did you Enjoy my...Sunglasses?
          LOL! OMG thats brilliant
          "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
            Or, just an evil old man (Spencer) who really doesn't pose a physical threat.
            Just watch him pull an Emperor Palpatine, and suddenly become this superpowered human.
            See you in hell.

Comment

I'd like to think that Capcom is planning something big for the RE franchise on Wii soon because of these useless ports.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                Just watch him pull an Emperor Palpatine, and suddenly become this superpowered human.
                That sounds really lame. Star Wars stopped being cool when Episode I came out. Spencer is only interesting because he continues to remain unseen. Really, an old geezer is just an old geezer.

Originally posted by GalacticAE View Post
                I'd like to think that Capcom is planning something big for the RE franchise on Wii soon because of these useless ports.
                Either that, or Capcom knows that most Wii games are complete crap, so their ports are going to sell well. Or, it is just a way to appease Wii owners that will never play RE5, unless they also have a PS3 or 360.

Personally, I am mixed on the possibility of a Wii version of REmake (if it makes it outside of Japan). I already have REmake from the Cube, but it is my favorite RE game...so maybe I'd buy it. Though I really, really hope Capcom includes some sort of bonus content.

Comment

That sounds really lame. Star Wars stopped being cool when Episode I came out. Spencer is only interesting because he continues to remain unseen. Really, an old geezer is just an old geezer
                  So, what you're trying to say is that Capcom will carry out the idea then?
                  See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                    I can picture it now;

CHRRRRRRRRRRIS!!! Did you Enjoy my...Sunglasses?

Comment

Originally posted by GalacticAE View Post
                      Its possible but probably just capcom looking to make a quick dollar.

Comment

What? Wesker's presence in RE4 was the only thing that connected the asinine Las Plagas plot with the original motive of Umbrella. Otherwise RE4 was just a 100% side story with characters from the RE universe.
                        It was pretty much exactly that to be honest, a side story with characters from the RE universe. Wesker didn't do or say anything worthy of merit that could be considered universal to the RE series as a whole. All of his actions were relevant to the plotline of RE4 only (And he was only in Assignment Ada, which is not at all canon...)

Since the PS2 port was released, it seems as if the developers just copypasted Wesker into various cutscenes, chopping up Richard Waugh's dialogue and adding the word 'Sample' in at the end of every sentence.

Comment

Interesting. The REmake is a success already. New Wii controls will add to it. Though I'm happy with the Gamecube version. Too bad it never made it onto the PS2/3.

Comment

Working...
                          X