No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch 3 - Playing RE1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i usually use my DS for RPGs but the game the world ends with you ends up making me a bit motion sick due to controling and watching 2 screens at once.

on the topic of RE1, my favr is the newer GC remake. ot had some better sounds and atmosphere. but i still ove the older RE1 because it has a nostalgic feeling that compares second to none

Comment

I never have any sight problems with a DS... works as good as a GameBoy for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
        I think I'm going to stop playing the DS version. For some reason, I get really dizzy after playing the DS for more than 10 minutes. I'll be switching to some other version. I can't take this anymore. Plus, my hands cramp up because the buttons are suited to child hands
        Not to be off topic, but my brother used to get similar symptoms playing Doom and other FPS games at the time.
        Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

I have no problems with the DS. Must be because im young.

Comment

I went ahead and picked up the dual shock version for PS1. I'll be playing through the arrange game to discuss it a bit.

Comment

I have the Directors Cut.

I tried it not too long ago and got gang raped. The original is not as forgiving as the later games.

Comment

Arrange Mode with Chris is a pain..... those Hunters get me every time.;

Comment

I went through Chris's scenario recently on the director's cut and I had some trouble with item management as Chris only has 6 slots which led to some backtracking.

Comment

all you guys having troubles with the director's cut should try using the double ammo cheat, to make things a bit easier.
                    Highlight Advanced Mode at the main menu, then press and hold Right until the word Advanced turns green.

Comment

Now, that's no fun! The challenge is what makes it worthwhile

Comment

oh believe me it doesn't rob the mode of any of its challenge lol, its just a slightly more helpful trick.

The post guard house mansion hunter fest is still one of the hardest area's in any game i've ever played (arranged mode)
                        Last edited by A-J; 09-30-2008, 03:09 AM.

Comment

...as you say that it worries me intensely that it's how I usually play RE1.

Oh well.

I found without the cheat on you're constantly reloading because every shot you waste and miss is so important and vital. You simply can't afford to waste ammo. At all. Ever.

Comment

...oh I never played it without the double ammo cheat....

I guess it's time for a RE-DC challange these days
                            Last edited by Scott Green; 09-30-2008, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Darkmoon, that's not entirely true. I learnt a little trick from a movie that's saved my ass many-a-time:

"Run, Forrest! Run!"

Hunters are always a pain in the ass though, on any mode, in any game.

Comment

I can't believe what I'm reading here!
                                Passionate fans and series veterans, CHEATING at RE?!
                                I'm sure I've done DC arrange mode without any sort of cheats. I might have to do it again today if I have time (and I'll come crawling back here to tell you if I fail )

I think the only time I've cheated, was on Bio2 Extreme Battle. It was so long ago, I can't remember what I did, if it was an in game cheat or if I used my ps1 Xploder cartridge. But whatever I did, it's stuck on the game save. I played it using my ps2 recently and all my weapons have unlimited ammo (I can't switch it off).

Comment

Working...
                                X