No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch 3 - Playing RE1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually gave RES another chance. I like the new puzzles and enemy placements enough to suffer through the eye strain. Playing it 45 minutes at a time seems to lessen the effects, which is good.

Comment

Good podcast fellows. I really enjoyed the bloopers.

Comment

I've been ok with the DS version now since I turned the brightness to the lowest level. If you have trouble like me, try doing that. Also, play in a well lit room and look off into the distance (outside a window or something) every so often. It helps me.

I somehow can't find the 1st doom book. I found a letter, saying it was back in the guard house now..God only knows what awaits me. The chimera jumped out when I was in the library, which was a shock. They are very difficult in this version too. They gang up on you

Comment

Dot, a suprise awaits you... go back to Plant 42's room

Comment

this topic has inspired me to rip my old director's cut edition disc (to be played on epsxe).

im going to start on the Training difficulty of course :p

Comment

Haha, Alzaire was going through Training Mode I wonder if he still is..

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
              Dot, a suprise awaits you... go back to Plant 42's room
              I dont like this at all.. lol.
              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-30-2008, 09:20 PM.

Comment

I was curious to see what Training Mode is. Basically it's just double ammo and enemies are a tad easier. I'm gonna do the next run throughs on Standard and Advanced to hit up all corners in Director's Cut.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, I've already beaten Rebirth mode with Jill and Chris, then once in normal mode with Jill while earning the infinite rocket launcher.

Comment

Alzaire, the Training Mode is the Japanese version (more ammo + ink ribbon), the Normal mode is the Westerner version and the Advanced mode is supposed to be the extra-hard version.

What always disappointed me with this so-called extra-hard version, is that everytime there is an extra zombie in a room (comparing to the normal version) this one will die with a single head-shot, using the revolver. It's gore and fun but this "extra" zombie just need one bullet to be killed, so having an extra zombie in one room doesn't create an extra challenge.

And for the gamers who have some troubles managing their ammo, just use the gun + knife. Shoot the zombie until he fall down then finish him with the knife. You will save a few bullets every time, and they will soon turn into extra saved clips ;)
                    Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

i played the director's cut version just for the alternate backgrounds.

Comment

Director's Cut gets more usage out of me, cause it's the original Resident Evil plus some addons.

Comment

Yea I think I'm going to play the Directors Cut, I hate looking at this tiny screen on my DS. Its only really go to use while I'm at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                            I might have to do it again today if I have time (and I'll come crawling back here to tell you if I fail )
                            I think you won't IIRC I always had shitloads of ammo at the end of the game so the cheat was kinda useless anyway, but the last time I played the Directors Cut was a long time ago

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                            I think the only time I've cheated, was on Bio2 Extreme Battle. It was so long ago, I can't remember what I did, if it was an in game cheat or if I used my ps1 Xploder cartridge. But whatever I did, it's stuck on the game save. I played it using my ps2 recently and all my weapons have unlimited ammo (I can't switch it off).
                            Well you can by doing this:

If you are on the Dual Shock Version go to the menu screen and into Key Config.. There the 'Manual' or 'Auto' Aim icon will be red, which means unlimited Ammo is on. Now hold down R1 and press square 10 times and the Aim Icon goes back to blue which means unlimited ammo is switched off

If you are on Dreamcast go to the inventory while gameplay and press up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, R-Trigger.

If you are on Gamecube go to Button Config and Highlight "Aim", hold R and press Z 10 times. (never tried this since i don't have that version of the game)

Comment

So by using the R1 + ten squares you can toggle unlimited ammo in RE2? Never heard about that...
                              Last edited by Helegad; 10-01-2008, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                                So by using the R1 + ten squares you can toggle unlimited ammo in RE2? Never heard about that...
                                Only in certain additions of the game, Dreamcast being on of them - playing the game with infinate magnum ammo = easy haha

Comment

Working...
                                X