No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch 3 - Playing RE1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to Dot, I have in my possession a copy of RE1 for the PC. I've used something called "CPUKiller" to underclock my CPU, and allow the game to run at a much slower, normal pace. However, a few graphical glitches still remain which I'm trying to iron out, but with any luck I'll be up and running, playing through the PC version of RE1.
    See you in hell.

Comment

If you are on the Dual Shock Version go to the menu screen and into Key Config.. There the 'Manual' or 'Auto' Aim icon will be red, which means unlimited Ammo is on. Now hold down R1 and press square 10 times and the Aim Icon goes back to blue which means unlimited ammo is switched off
      Thanks Scott! I do remember that cheat (now), so that must have been what I did. I'm glad I can switch it off again.

Back on topic to RE1.
      My playthrough of Bio DC arrange mode is still 'a work in progress'. I was doing things quite comfortably, then had a friggin power failure! I hadn't saved at all, so had to start again. My 2nd go I was less careful and got killed by a dog . It got my back twice and when I faced it to shoot, my gun went "click" and I had to reload (yes, it was pretty funny). It jumped on me and ate my face... But I've got a taste for the game again and I'll do it.
      One question; On my 1st go I went and got the serum to keep Richard alive (briefly) and he gave me a radio. On my 2nd go I went there later and he was already dead. I robbed his corpse for a clip of ammo. What's the benefit of getting the radio?

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
        What's the benefit of getting the radio?
        Well Brad contacts you on it, so what happens if you don't have any radio?

This thread now made me play Bio DC again and I have to say it's a lot harder than I remember. Firstly in the arrange mode a zombie bit me and I still had fine (a little yellow) health. Then right after I got the Shotgun there was a very fast zombie he bit me once and I was dead
        Next try on standard I was on the 2nd floor of the dining hall and tried the trick with the statue and the knife. My bad planning made me being surrounded by the two zombies up there = instant death. Of course I played with Jill.

Haha I will try again today
        Last edited by Scott Green; 10-02-2008, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Damn, I'll have to try that.

Any cheats for RE2 Platinum (PC)?

Does the unlimited ammo cheat work on the "Win a part in the movie!" edition?

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
            Damn, I'll have to try that.

Any cheats for RE2 Platinum (PC)?

I'm not sure about the PC version, but I think it's the same as on the Dreamcast version. "Go to the inventory while gameplay and press up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right and then aim.
            As far as I know this cheat is in every version of the game except the non-DualShock PSX Version. if it doesn't work just make a goosle search for the cheat

Also again to the topic: I've been playing the Dual Shock Version of Bio Directors Cut. There is a whole new soundrack in it and some tracks of it are pretty horrible
            Last edited by Scott Green; 10-03-2008, 12:43 AM.

Comment

the original PS1 version doesn't have any button cheats, only the dual shock one. Besides the original PS1 version all the other versions have button cheats.

Comment

Oh, that sucks I gotta get the other versions.

Comment

Skype line is now open ;)

Send a call to "bifftannentruewinner" and my voice should greet you. You'll have five minutes to leave a message. It doesn't have to be RE1 related, it could be anything you want.
                  Last edited by Dot50Cal; 10-03-2008, 05:48 PM.

Comment

I'll call in today, Dot I've got a few interesting things on my mind.

Comment

Well Brad contacts you on it, so what happens if you don't have any radio?
                      Well, that's what I figured but I was also wondering if that means you can't finish the game if you don't get the radio from Richard (the answer is no, you just get the radio later).
                      I had another go today but I still didn't complete it. At least I saved about half way this time so I can go back to it. I'm playing as Chris which is the harder one. I was doing very nicely, with shitloads of healing items and 'enough' ammo (no cheats) and got through the tricky bit with the Hunters in the mansion (piece of cake) but then I got killed in the 2nd Yawn encounter... I thought I was supposed to drop down into the hole in the floor and while standing next to it and frantically pushing the button, nothing was happening. I got hammered then swallowed whole.

Comment

using VGS (epsxe crashes) , director's cut standard difficulty, a lot of room for improvement.

Comment

I've got myself a time of about 45 min on the PC version, rocket launcher helping out. I think I took a screenie, I'll have a look.

Oh, Dot, I left a message! If my voice sounds wierd, that's nerves I'm not used to doing call ins.

Comment

Due to an emergency, we've had to delay the podcast until tomorrow. Sorry everyone, things just cant get done today.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                              Due to an emergency, we've had to delay the podcast until tomorrow. Sorry everyone, things just cant get done today.
                              No problem man, the qaulity of the podcast is worth the wait. Do you have a timeframe of when tomarrow it will be up?

I live in Ireland so about 5 hours ahead of yous in America ( If thats were you live).

Comment

Just finished recording ;) Should be up in 2-3 hours

Comment

Working...
                                X