Biohazard (Wii) to be played with horizontal Wii Remote, Japan-only so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biohazard (Wii) to be played with horizontal Wii Remote, Japan-only so far

According to IGN Wii, Capcom not only plans to include the same three control schemes for Biohazard (Wii) that were included with Biohazard 0 (Wii), but also is planning to include a fourth control scheme, this time with the Wii Remote by itself in the horizontal position. This scheme sounds implausible, but we also know that we can shake the Wii Remote to ready a weapon, which may compensate for the lack of shoulder buttons on the horizontal Wii Remote.

Also, Capcom USA says that Biohazard is being ported to Wii thanks to Zero meeting sales expectations in Japan. The possibility of Capcom USA bringing the two ports stateside isn't impossible, but they have no current plans to do so.

EDIT: Capcom has published the Japanese Biohazard Wii website. The game will launch of 12/25 for ¥3990.

Source: IGN Wii
    Last edited by cvxfreak; 09-26-2008, 12:50 AM.

If these ports do come to the US, I might pick up the remake. Not ZERO

Comment

Wii Remote has more than enough buttons for a simple layout that'd work with Resident Evil. I'm actually somewhat puzzled by why there wasn't such a control scheme for it in Zero Wii.

d-pad = Move
      2 = Activate/Interact/Fire Drawn Weapon
      1 = Run/Draw Weapon (d-pad + 1 = Run, 1 = Draw Weapon, 1 + d-pad = tilt aim up/down + Rotate)
      A = Rotate 180'
      B = quick draw knife
      + = Inventory
      - = Pause/Map

Though, I guess I could imagine A/B as swapable and possible shake used for quick reload (without emptying clip first) or rotate.

Would love to see some sort of Double Deluxe Value Pack announced for the US/EU, that'd be sweet. Especially if they could update Zero to include a horizontal controller scheme too.
      Last edited by Carnivol; 09-26-2008, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Additional content or its a no-buy

Comment

I don't see the point in buying these two games since the Wii plays gamecube games.

Comment

Originally posted by Stars1356 View Post
            I don't see the point in buying these two games since the Wii plays gamecube games.

Oh but they do see it's point... which is... $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I won't mind as long as it remains as the original.

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
              Additional content or its a no-buy
              Originally posted by Stars1356 View Post
              Brilliant. Because these points weren't overdone at all when RE: Zero came out again.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
                Brilliant. Because these points weren't overdone at all when RE: Zero came out again.
                Doesn't make them any less valid.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
                  Interesting. So because something has been said it's no longer valid to say it, even though it's an opinion about a sperate subject? Ladies and gentleman, please cease talking. What you have said has no doubt been said before, a lot, and is therefore not needed.

Yeah, lots of folk said that Zero needed more content or it's pointless. They're right. Same with this one. If lots of people say it then it's probably a prevailing opinion. I, personally, would not buy a new game purely because it's on a different system. Especially when that system can run the old one. Now, for example, I did buy RE4 for both GameCube and Wii. But at least that did have a few interesting bits to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                    I, personally, would not buy a new game purely because it's on a different system.
                    I have and will. Why? Because I'd rather spend my money on Biohazard products than food. It's a new diet plan I'm trying out. It's working so far Lost 15 pounds saving money to buy one of those fancy 5th Anniversary cases.

Who says video gamers can't be healthy?

(and by food, I mean fast food and psuedofood stuffs.)
                    Last edited by Project Omega; 09-27-2008, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
                      Doesn't make them any less valid.
                      Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                      Interesting. So because something has been said it's no longer valid to say it, even though it's an opinion about a sperate subject? Ladies and gentleman, please cease talking. What you have said has no doubt been said before, a lot, and is therefore not needed.

Yeah, lots of folk said that Zero needed more content or it's pointless. They're right. Same with this one. If lots of people say it then it's probably a prevailing opinion. I, personally, would not buy a new game purely because it's on a different system. Especially when that system can run the old one. Now, for example, I did buy RE4 for both GameCube and Wii. But at least that did have a few interesting bits to it.
                      Great work at putting words in my mouth guys, youd make great politicians!

My point is that we already know how pointless the ports are as it's been gone over a thousands times already, and i'm questioning the need to bring it all up again months on.

Comment

Well...and I know, as the 2008 candidate of your choice you'll believe me...because they did the exact same dumbass move all over again? I'm sorry, but this is just a little silly.

"Guys, stop talking about the guns in the new RE! We talked about the guns before in the old RE's!"

They make a new pointless port and we should...what? Sit around in silence? Not talk about it at all? They're is no point in them bringing out a new Remake. There was no point to them doing Zero.

Yeah. I'm lost as to why we're no longer allowed to talk about this.

Comment

Where did i say you weren't allowed to talk about it?

Jesus, stop reading what you want to read will you?

All i've done is post my opinion. It was boring when it all went on a few months ago, it's going to be boring now. That's all i'm saying. Nothing even remotely close to telling people what they can and can't say.

Comment

Only in Japan...............of course
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X