Wipeout HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wipeout HD

Anyone bothered downloading this awesome gigabyte yet?

If so, post your pics!

Yep, I got it day 1
    I felt pretty cool when I saw I'd made it into the top 5 on one of the leader boards (although, I'm probably not there any more).
    I gotta work again tonight but I'll be getting stuck into it again tomorrow.

Those pics are sweet!
    I havn't tried messing around with the photo feature yet.

Comment

I'm nowhere near good enough to be considered "leaderboard quality" yet haha, i'd like to think i'm getting though!

Photomode is great, but you can only catch your photos mid-race (as far as i can see anyway) which is a shame.

Comment

Played this round a friends the other day, having not played a Wipeout game since back on the Playstation, and it was a welcome surprise. Firstly, the menu is immense haha, so stylised, but that's neither here or there.

The handling was surprisingly strong on the vehicle I chose and the weapons, excluding the fire wave thing which was awesome, seemed pretty pointless in the few races I played, but I'll be damned if the game didn't look gorgeous haha. 1080p Wipeout HD is sexy as and very colourful ;D The game as a whole seemed to lack speed overall, apart from where I got a boost thing, but otherwise was fun.

I did intend this to be a longer post but a friend just called and now I gotta run :/

Comment

Well the beginning classes are quite a bit slower. And the weapons play a huge part online, its crazy

Comment

I'd like to organise a tournament at some point, if anyone's up for it?
            See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Borman View Post
              Well the beginning classes are quite a bit slower. And the weapons play a huge part online, its crazy
              Ah that's probably what it is then, we were playing the beginning tracks/vehicles so the speed was probably lost there ;D

Comment

It looks like a much prettier mix of F-Zero GX and Extreme-G3. Granted, it's Hi-Def, I can't really give an honest assesment of the gameplay from images and videos, but, when I get it, I'll edit my post accordingly
                Last edited by Project Omega; 09-29-2008, 12:24 PM.

Comment

WipEout SE (which was WipEout3 with more tracks) was one of my all time favorite games on ps1. I used to get stoned with my cousin and we would spend hours playing it in split-screen. A few times, my cousin thought he was kicking ass... then he realized he was watching my half of the screen
                  That Chemical Brothers sound track was awesome!
                  WipEout Fusion on PS2 didn't impress me much but I think this new one is a return to form for the series.
                  The fast, slick game play, futuristic menus and the attention to detail of everything, is COOL. At 1080p and 60fps, it's like it really has been zapped down from the future

Comment

Happy with this one!

Comment

I'm confused.

Just checked the global leaderboards and my score's nowhere to be seen. I knew i could beat the best time (the one that should be second to mine) again, so i did. Three times. And i'm still not showing up as top of the leaderboard. Anyone know how often they update? I'm fully expecting myself to appear a few times in the top ten now haha

I'm now top of TWO global leaderboards. The latest, again, i've beaten twice so would expect to see my name twice but i don't! Hope when it's updated that i'm still number one haha

Anyway, have taken some more photos over the last few days, here's the pick of the bunch!

1 2 3 4 5... And just to end, here's a look at all the half people! 6

I am in love with this game. The only faults i can find is the actual photo mode itself. As much fun as it is, it's very limited, and quite slow in applying effects. I'm hoping more will be done to the photo mode in patches later on...the chance of saving races for later editing would be great, superb for highlighting great play in multiplayer since pausing mid-game isn't gonna happen for the sake of a photo!

Comment

I was surprised when I made a top 5, soon after I started playing the game.
                        I'm wondering now, if maybe they 'refresh' the leader boards each day. I hope not because that would suck. However that's what they did with Gran Turismo HD. If you played it soon after they wiped the boards it was easy to claim top spot on nearly every track. Then as more people played it for the day, it would become harder and harder...
                        I'd like to know if they are permanent or not.
                        But regardless, congrats on your times, Big Stu!

I've been working my way through it. It's weird. I find the difficulty really fluctuates between events. Some I do easily 1st go but others take me several attempts...

It's a GREAT GAME!

Comment

Working...
                        X