New Jin Takeuchi Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jin Takeuchi Interview

Capcom's Investor Relation group have conducted a new interview with Jun Takeuchi, the producer of Resident Evil 5.

He talks about many things in the interview including the Resident Evil movies and his goals and ambitions for Resident Evil 5.
    "PR Staff"
    There is also the Resident Evil movie series.

"Takeuchi"
    Hollywood viewed Resident Evil as a compelling property ripe for development as a movie, so Capcom was approached with this idea. Milla Jovovich starred in the movie series, and to get the same actress to star in every chapter of a film series is quite an accomplishment. That's just another reason Resident Evil is such a marquee franchise.
    Read the full interview here.

Thanks to Archelon for the heads up.
    Last edited by A-J; 10-01-2008, 02:49 AM.

That's a good article. Takeuchi-san seems like a very sharp fellow, and I trust his work ethic and devotion to making a great game. Plus, it helps that he didn't have a part in the production of RE4...so I pray that he only imports the gameplay from 4, and skips out on the cliche-filled plot, cringe-inducing dialogue, and superhuman hero characters.

Of real interest is his mentioning of a "(seemingly) hand held camera following the action."

A long, but good read.
    Last edited by Jill's Boob; 10-01-2008, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Isn't he called Jun Takeuchi?

Had to point that out, now on to reading the interview...

Comment

Since he has worked on RE before, I hope that there is some substance to this game and not just about graphics and action.

Comment

Interesting interview, i didn't know that Takeuchi worked on the arcade version of Street Fighter 2
          sigpic

Comment

Useless interview. He said nothing...

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
              Interesting interview, i didn't know that Takeuchi worked on the arcade version of Street Fighter 2
              Bison confirmed for RE5.
              See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                Bison confirmed for RE5.
                Yeah, M. Bison will be playable at the Mercenaries Mini - game
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Petronio View Post
                  Useless interview. He said nothing...
                  Maybe not to you....but some people enjoy hearing the points of view of the games' creators and not simply want confirmation about what will be in the game. I'm sorry...but if they came out and said from start to finish what the game would be like and what would happen, it would be boring as hell since there would be no surprises.

Hearing a little bit from Takeuchi-san was interesting...and from when they started talking about the American movies, I got the feel that they weren't too enthralled or happy with them.
                  sigpic
                  Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                    Maybe not to you....but some people enjoy hearing the points of view of the games' creators and not simply want confirmation about what will be in the game. I'm sorry...but if they came out and said from start to finish what the game would be like and what would happen, it would be boring as hell since there would be no surprises.

Hearing a little bit from Takeuchi-san was interesting...and from when they started talking about the American movies, I got the feel that they weren't too enthralled or happy with them.
                    Seriously... what are the new info we can take form this interview? He says what we already know. Good graphics, good visual effects, importance of coop, sales prediction, lot of people working on the project, hollywood interested in RE ecc ecc. Nothing new.

Comment

Originally posted by Petronio View Post
                      Seriously... what are the new info we can take form this interview? He says what we already know. Good graphics, good visual effects, importance of coop, sales prediction, lot of people working on the project, hollywood interested in RE ecc ecc. Nothing new.
                      It's kind of like how you posted twice in this thread. You said the first time that it was "[a] useless interview. Nothing new."

Then you posted again to say pretty much the same thing.

In your own words, "Nothing new."

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                        He didn't, and worked on the Super Famicom port of the game from (naturally) the arcade version. Okamoto & co. had completed SFII by the time Takeuchi joined Capcom.

Comment

Originally posted by Takeuchi
                          Milla Jovovich starred in the movie series, and to get the same actress to star in every chapter of a film series is quite an accomplishment.
                          It's also a part of the reason why the movies suck.
                          Last edited by RetroRain; 10-01-2008, 05:15 PM.
                          My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                          ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
                            He didn't, and worked on the Super Famicom port of the game from (naturally) the arcade version. Okamoto & co. had completed SFII by the time Takeuchi joined Capcom.
                            Don't be a wiseass
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X