1UP Show Interview Posted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1UP Show Interview Posted

1UP has now posted their interview with the RE5 team, so be sure to head on over and check it out. It treads (mostly) already known information, but it does show some new footage from area's we've seen before. Its still an interesting look, so check it out!

1UP Show Thanks to Iron!
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 10-03-2008, 05:43 PM.

I imagine it's the 1UP crew playing during the game snippets it really makes the game shine when people know what they are doing. At 6:45 is a melee move i'd never seen before where Sheva executes a flip kick. Good to hear also that the game is more difficult as even on Professional RE4 wasn't that hard.

Comment

this looks so awesome, hopefully the reliable 360s will be out by the time this game hits ..

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
        this looks so awesome, hopefully the reliable 360s will be out by the time this game hits ..
        Might be just me but the visuals in this build look better...at 6:35 Sheva "Twist Kicks" chain-saw man and you really get a good look at him and the textures look excellent even up close. There's other parts through the snippets were the visuals at least to me look slightly better and they have mentioned they are working on the visuals up until the release.

Comment

i don't like that you cannot play as shiva in single player, i would've liked them to put the change character option in there

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
            i don't like that you cannot play as shiva in single player, i would've liked them to put the change character option in there
            Didn't Takeuchi refer - somewhere in the vid - to the infection as "Plagas?" When I watched it earlier today, I could've sworn that I heard him say that...

Comment

Takeuchi said that in order to complete the game both Chris and Sheva must be alive - he just hinted that Sheva survives.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                Takeuchi said that in order to complete the game both Chris and Sheva must be alive - he just hinted that Sheva survives.
                Most partner characters live. It wouldn't exactly be that fun to replay RE5 co-operatively if you knew Sheva was going to get axed in the ending cutscene.

This makes me wonder how a Chris -vs- Wesker (if it takes place) showdown will go...as a 2-player battle -vs- Wesker wouldn't be nearly as dramatic.

As for Sheva, after RE5 maybe she'll go join Billy & Carlos in that remote-location closet they are hanging out in...which is great for them, as I am sure they'd love to see a smokin' babe like Sheva (and stop having to play "hide the hot dog"). *If, if, she turns out to be another disposable partner character like those two.
                Last edited by Jill's Boob; 10-04-2008, 12:08 PM.

Comment

dammit its pissing me off that i won't be able to control shiva at will in the single player mode

that basically leaves a portion of the game that i'll never be able to play ..

but the guy did say that RE5 will have other game modes unlocked after beating it as well, so here's hoping there's an alternate shiva gameplay mode as well ..

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                    As for Sheva, after RE5 maybe she'll go join Billy & Carlos in that remote-location closet they are hanging out in...which is great for them
                    Hey, don't forget that Barry, Ashley and Rebecca are also residents of that remote location

Also i hope that Chris won't stuck with Sheva through the whole game, didn't Takeuchi mentioned that some times the 2 characters would be separated?
                    Last edited by aris13; 10-04-2008, 12:54 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

separated as in only for a few moments which require you to take alternating paths.

Comment

I completely agree, AJ!
                        I thought we would be able to play through once with Chris and then play again with Sheva. Each game would be a bit different, just like the classic RE games (Chris/Jill, Leon/Claire)...
                        I don't usually play games online either, so I want the option to do it all by myself.
                        I hope there is more than one extra game mode. A mercenaries style mini game is probably a given but I'd like more. 'Assignment Ada' and 'Separate Ways' were like 2 extra entire games. It would be great to get something similar.
                        I wonder if downloadable extra games, extra mercenaries maps/characters are planned? It would be a way to squeeze more money from the title...

Comment

I'm not to fond of the fact that you have to play with another character whether it's AI or human. I just hope that AI is good enough so you don't have to repeat areas over and over again.

Comment

It'll have to be. If they give you AI that's dumb as a post it'll be a game breaker, either in the enemies (which need to be brighter than the Ganados or two heavily armed people will slaughter them, higher numbers or not) or in Sheeva (who'll make the game frustrating if she keeps screwing up and making it more akward than if she wasn't there.) I don't think Capcom would do that for Resident Evil. It's made too much money and with the hype they've put in it would be a real embarassment.

Comment

AJ, how come you won't be able to play online?

Comment

Working...
                              X