No announcement yet.

EGM Article Summary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, can a game ever be too long? If it is well-designed and enjoyable, then to me, the answer is no. More bang for the buck says I.

Comment

Yeah disappointing...RE4 wasn't too long. If anyone did feel it was too long they could just play in chunks. This really baffles me...maybe time constraints??
      Maybe it's all they can fit on a single dvd

Comment

Honestly, I was initially sad about the "shorter than RE4" thing as well, but if the game is really awesome, and fun from beginning to end, then you can just play it over & over again.

For me, I enjoyed the length of RE4, but there were some parts that seemed like they were unnecessary. Which became apparent on the second & third play-throughs.

(And hopefully the "shorter than RE4" things only means by a few minutes.)

EDIT: Maybe the "game" is shorter to make space for those 8 hours of cutscenes. And the mini-game where you shave Sheva's ass.
        Last edited by Jill's Boob; 10-04-2008, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
          yay, its working now

*isn't that illegal though ? (
          As long as they aren't hosted on THIA, we'll be ok.

Elusion, I've been getting them, but I've just been really busy with work and haven't been able to reply. most of the stuff was taken care of by AJ, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
            As long as they aren't hosted on THIA, we'll be ok.

Elusion, I've been getting them, but I've just been really busy with work and haven't been able to reply. most of the stuff was taken care of by AJ, though.
            Are the EGM images cool? Anything of note? I missed them when they were posted by Archelon earlier today. Are they anywhere else as of right now?

Comment

He can post them again if he feels free. The only thing I want to do is protect THIA from getting a DMCA notice. So as long as the scans aren't hosted here, its fine.

Nothing really to note in the images though. Just areas we've all seen before really.

Comment

Cool, thanks. I'll see them eventually. With all the news released in the past 24 hours, I am satisfied anyway. Now I'll just impatiently wait for the TGS media.
                Last edited by Jill's Boob; 10-04-2008, 12:48 AM.

Comment

At the end the 1up Show/EGM cover of RE5 was a big joke, I was expecting more information. Anyway, can you post again the scans?.

Comment

Disappointing that it will be shorter than Resident evil 4, I didn't feel Re4 was that long.

Comment

I don't mind it being shorter as long as its good I will play it mutliple times. I sure after playing the first time threw alone, I will want to play online with another person.

Comment

I wouldn't mind RE5 being shorter as long as they don't use BS ways to stretch out a 'plot' like they did in RE4.

I like actually getting the sense that I'm making progress...

Comment

Takeuchi hints that we already saw all the returning characters - that means that Sherry isn't the mystery woman NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Last edited by aris13; 10-04-2008, 01:53 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

He means we've seen all the people so far. Its Sherry, has to be.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                              Archelon, NONE of the links gave me any picture. NONE.

RE5 features a more powerful strain of the Las Plagas, which has found its way to Africa

Bullshit. Takeuchi already confirmed RE5 has nothing to do with RE4 story-wise.

EGM editors are so lame.
                              So what if that's what Takuechi said? A game could be called "more violent than Mortal Kombat" and be nothing to do with Mortal Kombat. A war game could be "darker than Condemned" and not have anything to do with Condemned.

Do you get it? He's just using Las Plagas as a measuring stick, that's all.

Comment

i dunno, the plagas popping out of the enemies mouth's that we've seen so far does look a lot like a more advanced stage of the familiar las plagas.

i wouldn't be surprised if it ends up relating to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X