RPD Dispatch Podcast Episode #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPD Dispatch Podcast Episode #3

In this episode, we discuss Resident Evil 1 and how we felt about it having gone back and played through it. We also give you a brief look into how we first came to know the series by playing Resident Evil 1 for the first time. In the second segment we have a slew of news that has happened since the last podcast, and a very special treat for long time community members who have seen the rivalries that 'betas' have created. Special thanks to TheSelfishGene, Borman and Sin Valentine who lent us their voices for that.

In the third segment, we take listener calls and respond to them. I want to thank all those that called in with their questions and comments, it was great to hear you all and respond to your comments.

We've also got a voice mail line setup, which will be available to call on Saturday, October 18th. If you want to give us a call to talk about anything, let us know how were doing or even try and get your comment played on the podcast, send a Skype message to the username bifftannentruewinner, and our voice mail should pick up after a few rings. Be aware, that we won't have this up until the specified date. Alternatively, you can send me a private message and we can arrange how to send us an mp3 recording. We'd love to hear from you guys, especially if its about the game we'll be playing that particular week, or even the games we've played on past podcasts.

For the next podcast (which will be recorded in two weeks), we'll be playing Code Veronica. Something else to look forward to will be a new visitor on the podcast, The Selfish Gene, who will tell us all about Biohazard Degeneration in a special spoiler filled segment which will be recorded just after it opens to the public in Japan.

DOWNLOAD
    1 hour 25 minutes, 78MB

1.5!! Yay

Comment

And just to clarify, we don't have 1.5, hahaha. Before anyone asks, this is just a satire on the whole beta hunting aspect thats formed around here.

Comment

Id make a joke about it, but people would take it seriously or something. All I know, it was a lot of fun doing my one line, and listening to the rest of the recording process.

Comment

Downloading right now... I might leave a message in the recorder this time, now that I have a mic (if I manage to learn that skype thing). Looking forward the spoiler segment about BH Deg and RE CV. Keep the hard work guys I really enjoy the two other podcast.

Comment

Just to throw it out there, the Sega Saturn draws its polygons using Quads I believe. From the Saturn page on Wikipedia
            Unlike the PlayStation and Nintendo 64 which used triangles as its basic geometric primitive, the Saturn rendered quadrilaterals. This proved to be a hindrance because most of the industry's standard design tools were based around triangles. One of the challenges brought forth by quadrilateral-based rendering was problems with making some shapes, notably triangular objects. This can be seen in the Saturn version of Tomb Raider, in which triangular rocks are not rendered as well as other system's versions of the game.[5] The hardware also lacked light sourcing and hardware video decompression support, the latter being a major disadvantage during a time when full-motion video was quite popular.

Still, if used correctly, the quadrilateral rendering of the Saturn had advantages. It could potentially show less texture distortion than was common with PlayStation titles, as demonstrated by several cross-platform titles such as Wipeout and Destruction Derby. The quadrilateral-focused hardware and a 50% greater amount of video memory also gave the Saturn an advantage for 2D game engines and attracted many developers of RPGs, arcade games and traditional 2D fighting games. With creative programming, later games like Burning Rangers were able to achieve true transparency effects on hardware that used simple polygon stipples as a replacement for transparency effects in the past.
            Last edited by Borman; 10-06-2008, 02:27 AM.

Comment

There planning on making a Wii HD in 2011 or something I guess they realized that the original Wii is massively underpowered.
              There are bats in re4 whilst you walk through the tunnel to the cabin where you find Luis and in the underground section near the church some in code veronica too.
              Last edited by kevstah2004; 10-06-2008, 03:03 AM.
              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
                There planning on making a Wii HD in 2011 or something I guess they realized that the original Wii is massively underpowered.
                That is an unfounded rumor based solely on the fact that Nintendo's contract with AMD ends in 2010 and as such would need to release an HD Wii by then if they want to keep backwards computability with the GameCube.

Comment

Originally posted by Krispy View Post
                  That is an unfounded rumor based solely on the fact that Nintendo's contract with AMD ends in 2010 and as such would need to release an HD Wii by then if they want to keep backwards computability with the GameCube.
                  Tell that to the BBC

sigpic

Comment

Resident Evil 0 tie in?

Did we forget the giant bat boss from RE0? I thought it had a better tie to that than the bats in Code Veronica or RE4... How that bat stayed in the air defies all laws of motion, physics, and biology.

Bigger Creature = More Weight = Denser Bones to Support said Weight = More Weight = The ability to hover in place at a wing speed of say 100~120 flaps per minute? FAIL.
                    Attached Files

Comment

That was ripped form a C64 game where you went around a castle, I forget the name though you started off in a blacksmith's irc.
                      Last edited by kevstah2004; 10-06-2008, 04:04 AM.

sigpic

Comment

wow, that 1.5 commercial was .. WOW lol

spence's shaving shiva's ass rant at the end was brilliant.

yeah that originated from a typo, the guy who leaked the fake EGM article info back on the 22nd of september wrote "during the game chris will shave shiva's ass several times"

obviously meant save.
                        Last edited by A-J; 10-06-2008, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Borman View Post
                          Just to throw it out there, the Sega Saturn draws its polygons using Quads I believe. From the Saturn page on Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Saturn
                          Oh wow, John was right!

Comment

1.5 thing = LOL. So over the top. I want more!

Awesome work.

I know I've already said this to DotCal when I sent it in, but I wish I'd had notes when I'd made that call in, so much rambling. Gotta fix the issues with my computer's sound card first though I guess. Next week. If I can get it to work, I think I'll skype call in a message... far easier.

I can't believe you guys worked out the secret of where I've been all these years from the one call in though... damn you.

*grabs rocket launcher*
                            Last edited by Rombie; 10-06-2008, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Great podcast guys, as allways. Cant wait for the new one.
                              "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Working...
                              X