No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch Podcast Episode #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, I got quite a few mentions in this podcast! That's great!

Yes, my name is Gene Didn't know it was popular enough to have two people in the same country named with it though...

My issues with the touchscreen in Classic Mode was with the computer in the labs (JOHN ADA MOLE) where you do have to use the touch screen. I think there was something else, but I can't remember. I was being too picky though, so disregard that

The German PS1 RE had an uncut intro. That's extremely wierd :/

Lol'd at the shaving rant Wii release? Sounds good!

While I did laugh at the 1.5 trailer, it was hard to understand a lot of the voices. Maybe tone down the BGM a bit? Just a suggestion

Loved the podcast as always. Thanks guys!

(PS: I was looking forward to this so much that I downloaded it at dialup speed cause my quota is shaped now. 4 hours of downloading for 1 and a half hours of talk; still good to me )
    Last edited by Helegad; 10-06-2008, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
      Lol, I got quite a few mentions in this podcast! That's great!

Yes, my name is Gene Didn't know it was popular enough to have two people in the same country named with it though...

My issues with the touchscreen in Classic Mode was with the computer in the labs (JOHN ADA MOLE) where you do have to use the touch screen. I think there was something else, but I can't remember. I was being too picky though, so disregard that

The German PS1 RE had an uncut intro. That's extremely wierd :/

Lol'd at the shaving rant Wii release? Sounds good!

While I did laugh at the 1.5 trailer, it was hard to understand a lot of the voices. Maybe tone down the BGM a bit? Just a suggestion

Loved the podcast as always. Thanks guys!

(PS: I was looking forward to this so much that I downloaded it at dialup speed cause my quota is shaped now. 4 hours of downloading for 1 and a half hours of talk; still good to me )
      As did the french release too both had burnt in subs though :-(.
      They released a avi download of the uncut intro shorty after the pc releases to rectify the problem.
      Last edited by kevstah2004; 10-06-2008, 08:09 AM.
      If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Great work guys, the best podcast yet IMO. I am hoping that you are keeping the commercial section - 1.5...hell yeah

Save room and main hall theme music........absolute greatness
        Unfortunately no one mentioned "Still Dawn"
        sigpic

Comment

^ Indeed. I can't believe I forgot to mention that, it was on my original list as a discussion on the original soundtrack.

I also forgot to mention, but was on my list, about how at the time the original was released it was quite un-usual for Japanese games to be released with an English VA (well aside from the fact it was not very common to have much VA anyway at that point of time). Even after Biohazard it wasn't common. It was mostly only the sequels, and then re-releases of games like Metal Gear Solid.
          Last edited by Rombie; 10-06-2008, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Can you all tell I'm a science graduate? Meticulous much?

Classic mode is not *that* true to the original.
            The knife doesn't take a slot, and you can quickturn.
            And B-button reload.
            It's mostly a small things.

On the DS version, I think zombies tend to shuffle around a bit more before they've detected you. You can hear them lurch, and then sniff(?). On the originals they tend to stand still. But that might just be me.

And the record puzzle. I LOVE when Chris shouts 'Oh yeah!' once you finish it!
            One of the best lines in the series. It's so over the top.

Arrange mode on Directors Cut is really quite different. I haven't played it in years, but I remember it being really different.
            sigpic

Comment

Took me ages to find it this the c64 game where you had to get a bat out of a bell tower similar to resident evil zero.
              Spikey in Transylvania is an Amiga miscellaneous adventure game released in 1991 by Codemasters.

Last edited by kevstah2004; 10-06-2008, 09:05 AM.
              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Ah, Lemon Amiga. Good site.
                See you in hell.

Comment

"What do you guys recommend for shaving a sensitive area?..." Oh dear...

@ Rombie: Dude, where were you when you send the skype recording? You sound like in the mansion main hall hahaha.

Great podcast guys, I love the 1.5 commercial.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                    ^ Indeed. I can't believe I forgot to mention that, it was on my original list as a discussion on the original soundtrack.

I also forgot to mention, but was on my list, about how at the time the original was released it was quite un-usual for Japanese games to be released with an English VA (well aside from the fact it was not very common to have much VA anyway at that point of time). Even after Biohazard it wasn't common. It was mostly only the sequels, and then re-releases of games like Metal Gear Solid.
                    Exactly, it was very common for that time - of course the song had no lyrics but it still rocked. I hope that you guys will brought it up on the next podcast.

EDIT: Damn, i forgot to mention that the bloopers were amazing: "I am Alzaire better known as........CRAP!!!!!!
                    Last edited by aris13; 10-06-2008, 09:52 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ridley - Long story short, as implied by my previous post I had issues recording on my comp at home. I haven't recorded any audio on there for a couple of years and I had issues with my sound card which I tried all week to fix with no luck.

In the end raced around and I used another friends laptop to record the sound. Of course to do this I had to record it at my friends place who's laptop it was, and used their "office" which is currently a spare empty room in their place. The space and the mic I had made it sound like it did.

Being in a hurry I rambled through stuff off the top of my head because I left my notes from earlier int he week beside my actual comp at home and didn't have the time to go back and get them. I only just got the file to DotCal just before the original record date, and in the end he announced the delay issues a few hours after that.
                      Last edited by Rombie; 10-06-2008, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Thanks for playing my question, and thanks for complimenting my accent, I was very impressed when I heard you implimented the actually music of discussion into the background.

Great podcast guys.

Comment

NICE WORK!!!!!

Comment

I loved the RE 1.5 feature, made me laugh to, and the golden tyrant part

"What could we do to make this tyrant different chaps."

"ahh with all the bling bling nowadays"

Brillient stuff.

Comment

Great stuff guys.

Liked the 1.5 commercial.

Keep up the good work.
                              Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

Dot50Cal: "Chimera's are ultimate Bastards!" LMAO! Classic!

Comment

Working...
                                X