Biohazard France - In Depth Look at RE5 Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biohazard France - In Depth Look at RE5 Demo

Our friends over at Biohazard France have just put up a massive feature which shows some very behind the scenes look at their playthrough of the E3 Resident Evil 5 demo.

Its rare that the general public gets such a look at the games press and their inner workings. They even go as far as to show the development discs themselves, which contain unique serial numbers for each publication.

Despite being in French, the screenshots speak for themselves. Anyone wanting a look at some areas of the demo that were not shown to the public before should definitely take a look. One very interesting thing that Hunk has said, was that the PS3 version of RE5 was further along in development than the Xbox 360 version, and that the 360 version had multiple bugs, and lacked FMV's. It would be interesting to see how the final versions turn out, since its believed by many that Devil May Cry 4 (Framework MT engine) was created with PS3 as the lead platform. Could this mean that PS3 is the lead platform for RE5?

Biohazard France - Resident Evil 5 Demo Feature
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 10-07-2008, 05:59 AM.

the 1up show preview a few days ago was running on the 360 version and that seemed well enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
      Anyone wanting a look at some areas of the demo that were not shown to the public before should definitely take a look.
      He..... they don'y show any new areas from the demo... or do they?

EDIT: something new is the death of Shevaa by the chainsaw
      Last edited by Guest; 10-07-2008, 07:02 AM.

Comment

The text screens and such weren't shown before , If I recall.

Comment

I thought we won't see blood.

Comment

using babelfish on the article seems to be working great so far, the things are easily understandable.

Comment

I'm using Google Translator. It's not entirely accurate but it'll give you the general jist of what is being said. Nice playthrough...

Comment

wtf is this shit ?

Comment

QTE?

Comment

Probably something that happens when you are close to death, a quick flash or something.

Comment

I'm assuming that the screen will invert colours on the moment of death, a bit like in the Fatal Frame series.

Hmm, so far there's TWO photo of Sheva having her noggin chopped off, two of her looking fairly dead on the ground and that... inverted one up there. I hope this isn't an indication of her AI in the game!

Edit - Translated article calls the AI 'very successful' and states that you can't 'complete' the demo due to the chainsaw guy being invincible, so death is pretty much inevitable. I guess that answers it...
                      Last edited by Gideon Quinn; 10-07-2008, 09:23 AM.

Comment

QTE = Quick Time Event
                        it's when the game displayes you buttons you have to press quickly, if you fail you die or something (like in RE4 running from the Stoneball)

Comment

Edit - Translated article calls the AI 'very successful' and states that you can't 'complete' the demo due to the chainsaw guy being invincible, so death is pretty much inevitable. I guess that answers it...
                          you know, it would be awesome if after beating re5 once, you unlock a special mode where an un-killable executioner or chainsaw guy follows you around and you can only momentarily stall him by knocking him down and such.

Comment

GREEN TEXT IS BACK!
                            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

So the assembly hall's stage is something like this:

they witness the executor chopping the protester's head, then the guy in sunglasses spotted them. The villagers start to storm the building which Sheva and Chris are in (like in RE4 where Leon/Luis fights off the ganados). All the while, the characters can go outside if they want, but if they stay inside, the enemies will eventually tear down the wall and ceiling to get to you anyway.

Halfway through the battle, Chris will contact Kirk, the chopper pilot who will arrive with another guy (i think) and they fire a rocket to clear up the mess.

Kirk will tell Chris to meet somewhere in the place, but as Chris goes there, kirk's chopper got shot down.

Then stage 2 (Shanty town) begin with Chris/Sheva goes to the chopper debris to rescue Kirk. The chinsaw guy and the flying BOWs make their appearance here.
                              Last edited by xfactor; 10-07-2008, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X