T-Virus mentioned in RE4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Virus mentioned in RE4

So, here's the thing: today an old doupt I had about RE4's story and all emerged to the surface of my memory, as most must know, the T-Virus IS briefly mentioned in RE4, not directlly, but it is the T-Virus; my doupt is: why does Luis say he saw a sample of the virus in the "department" (he must of mean or: in Saddlers labs or... where he studied?)?. The first time I played it, I KNEW they had revived the Las Plagas with the T-virus, I just knew it, I couldn't wait 'till the game's end, but... at the end I was wrong, it had nothing to do. I always like to think the story is as I thought it was, it's much better to me .

Here's where he says it (3:40):
    Resident EvilŪ 4http://www.absolute-video-games.com/

"Luis: ...that is the insident with the viral outbreak, right?... I think I might of seen a sample of the virus in the lab of the department..."

So, what do you think?

He was still keeping his disguise as a police officer.... so I believe he meant at the police department in Madrid.
    But that's a lie, and we don't really know where he saw a sample of it, IF he really saw it or just heard about it...

Comment

it could have something to do with RE5 or other games coming after it idk, thats a good question, the topic caught my interest, either way all will be reveled evenually
      sigpic

Comment

Thought you weren't coming back Itashious

Anyway, the thought never came to me. Good work spotting it.

Comment

Well, if Luis was (or pretending to be) a counter terrorism officer then it makes sense. We know the T-Virus was made public during the fall of Umbrella. It makes sense that for several reasons (such as attempting to find a cure and, of course, Mutually Assured Destruction) that most countries would be given a sample. I imagine terrorism units might have virus samples to help identify and counter outbreaks.

The most important thing to note here is Leon's reaction. He wasn't surprised at all that a cop could have seen a T-Virus sample. Either it's not that unusual or Leon is dimmer than a penny candle.

...hmmm...

I'm gonna have to assume he'd least be smart enough to notice if a police officer was talking about a highly classified virus that no one should know about.

Comment

Its nothing to worry about, the t virus has no major influence on the story line :]
            it was just a brief mention

Comment

I can't even remember that last line. All I could remember is 'that is the incident with the viral outbreak, right?'

Comment

I'd agree with everyone else that it was just a brief mention and Luis was trying to sound like he was in the police (assuming that the virus was made public).

He blames the revival on the spore-like-dormant-states of the Las Plagas, and that it took "several years" before any effects started showing (thanks, Capcom, for not giving us a decent timeline). There's no mention on any virus used to extract it.
                Sometimes it's better to just stick with the simplest answer unless there was anything to suggest otherwise (but the T-Virus was only (barely) mentioned once in RE4... I think you're reading too much into it)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                  We know the T-Virus was made public during the fall of Umbrella. It makes sense that for several reasons (such as attempting to find a cure and, of course, Mutually Assured Destruction) that most countries would be given a sample. I imagine terrorism units might have virus samples to help identify and counter outbreaks.

The most important thing to note here is Leon's reaction. He wasn't surprised at all that a cop could have seen a T-Virus sample. Either it's not that unusual or Leon is dimmer than a penny candle.
                  That would make sence, except that... Luis was just a normal cop at madrid, no anti biological-terrorist at all; at least thats wat he says.

Originally posted by JcFFx View Post
                  Sometimes it's better to just stick with the simplest answer unless there was anything to suggest otherwise (but the T-Virus was only (barely) mentioned once in RE4... I think you're reading too much into it)
                  I just thought that maybe... they had an other plot for the game, and MAYBE, they forgot to.... change that line... or they just thought it wasn't going to afect the plot at all (and it didn't). It would make sence, since that guy... wich was he's name?, well, that guy that makes wesker's voice, sed that they record him sying a bunch of lines and then edit them with computer, I'm gessing they had that word (T-Virus/SAMPLE) and they just... created thet dialog

Comment

Originally posted by Andyfer_Ruu View Post
                    Its nothing to worry about, the t virus has no major influence on the story line :]
                    It's almost as though you're fearful of the T-virus ever having a place in RE4, haha.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyfer_Ruu View Post
                      Worry? Rofl.
                      T-Virus > Plagas

Originally posted by Helegad
                      Thought you weren't coming back Itashious.
                      Lmao! That means he lied when he said he left forever...mmhmm.

Either way, I have no comment on the idea of this subject.
                      Without the t-virus, RE4 fails.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                        It's almost as though you're fearful of the T-virus ever having a place in RE4, haha.
                        nah, not fearful its just it was a quick mention, the story line didnt have the t virus in it.
                        Plus im the kind of person that likes to stick with the story line capcom or any other games company gives the game, so i guess im a little narrow minded

Comment

Ok, I remembered the other thing I had doupt of, here it is:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Found whats odd?.... yes, the part of the e-mail:
                          0:26: "...It was a stroke of luck that I managed to intercept his e-mail for help. It seems he can't trust the police, so he sent the e-mail to an old friend from college. He must have thought his friend was still alive..."

So this means: Luis studied with John Howe (Adas boyfriend in RE2... well... the one she was using for infiltrating umbrella or what ever), that's why she could intercept the e-mail. Yes Andyfer_Ruu, NOW I'm looking to far in RE4's story. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!. And yes, I know that "old college" guy could be anyone, but thats my idea.

Comment

If she was recording all of the internet traffic coming and going from the labs and such, then she would have had access to all of the incoming and outgoing emails. Luck had nothing to do with it unless she managed to establish the wiretap (sort-to-speak) in time to record the email just as it was being sent... Then it would make sense to say that it was lucky... That let her know he could be bought/turned into a rouge agent, which is what she did.

Also, there may be more to the story of him and the police. Perhaps he didn't send an email to the police because he knows something no one else does? Or because he didn't quit from the police force, he was fired for some reason or another.

Going from police officer/dective to a biological researcher does not happen over night; you practically have to be a medical student to become even be considered for a job as researcher and the time frame from 1998 to 2004 (6 years) is too short of a period to just jump majors and be knowledgable about biology, immunology, parasitology enough to be sought out by a terrorist organization like Los Illuminados to be employed as the (apparent) sole researcher...

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                              Thought you weren't coming back Itashious

Anyway, the thought never came to me. Good work spotting it.
                              i wasnt but someone was all like you should come back and stop being a wimp aobut the way people treat you, im just gunna pull back alot on how much i post

Originally posted by himher_elle View Post
                              Ok, I remembered the other thing I had doupt of, here it is:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Found whats odd?.... yes, the part of the e-mail:
                              0:26: "...It was a stroke of luck that I managed to intercept his e-mail for help. It seems he can't trust the police, so he sent the e-mail to an old friend from college. He must have thought his friend was still alive..."

So this means: Luis studied with John Howe (Adas boyfriend in RE2... well... the one she was using for infiltrating umbrella or what ever), that's why she could intercept the e-mail. Yes Andyfer_Ruu, NOW I'm looking to far in RE4's story. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!. And yes, I know that "old college" guy could be anyone, but thats my idea.
                              thats very good, come to think of it that would make alot of since, especially if it were comfirmed in a later game, then it would sorta make RE4 a bit more cannon, that would mean that las plagas was and idea in earlier games (possible ya know) and they could have been studiing it in college (luis and ada bf)

but yea i loved how you pointed that out the connection between ada and luis was always bewildering to me...

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
                              Going from police officer/dective to a biological researcher does not happen over night; you practically have to be a medical student to become even be considered for a job as researcher and the time frame from 1998 to 2004 (6 years) is too short of a period to just jump majors and be knowledgable about biology, immunology, parasitology enough to be sought out by a terrorist organization like Los Illuminados to be employed as the (apparent) sole researcher...
                              well like i just read from another post, game often defey the laws of reality XD but something like that could happen in the RW btw if someone really needed him, he could have had a major or something at the best college idk, but yea,

games=unreality
                              Last edited by Itashious_boy; 11-17-2008, 08:55 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X