RPD Dispatch 4 - Playing RE:CV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPD Dispatch 4 - Playing RE:CV

Since Dot hasnt made the thread. Im currently working my way through the Dreamcast version of the game. One thing I will say is that I forgot about 'Hunk's Report'

looks like its time to boot up Veronica X once again.

i hate the tank controls being mapped to the analog stick personally, it feels so awkward, would've been better if they had done 2d controls like the silent hill games instead.

I always use the D-pad when playing the older tank-control based games.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
      I always use the D-pad when playing the older tank-control based games.
      Me too, I find it so much easier.

I'll be playing through Biohazard CODE: Veronica, on Sega dreamcast. I've played CVX to completion a few times, but I've never finished the original.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't have CV nor do I have a DC or PS2 I have read the book though Pretty good, I'll call in about that.

Comment

I'm playing the DreamCast version right now... so far so good. I have some good memories with that game.

@Borman: What do you mean with you forgot about HUNK's Report?

Comment

I'll be playing Biohazard Code: Veronica Complete.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
              I'll be playing Biohazard Code: Veronica Complete.
              That's the same one I'm playing. Too easy... damn, way too easy... I've been cuting zombies apart with the knife all the way to the Palace, they're only 'dangerous' in masses and even then, or Claire has too much life, or the enemies doesn't make almost any damage =/.

And there are a LOT of healty items all over the place. It's almost impossible to die in this version, you have to be a very bad player to do so.

Comment

"Your knight in shining armor has arrived, lulz".

Comment

say, which version of the game has a difficulty select option ? the NTSC PS2 version sure doesn't and it can get pretty hard at times. The game has a botched checkpoint system but it sucks so bad..

i-e if you die at the final area's of the game, and don't have a save nearby, the last checkpoint you get to start off at is the nosferatu fight (atleast thats what i remember).

Comment

Yeah... I remember that... once the T-078 killed me in the first fight... the nearest checkpoint was the moment right when you end playing as Steve, it leave me in the elevator of the 1F. That certainly suck

Comment

I'll be playing through Code Veronica X on the PS2.
                      See you in hell.

Comment

Will anyone be playing the Biohazard : CV Trial Edition?

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
                          Will anyone be playing the Biohazard : CV Trial Edition?
                          Good idea. If I have the time, I'll get onto it.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm playing through the PS2 version.

Can anyone confirm for me, that Steve has a slightly different hairstyle on the DC than on the PS2, it's been so long since I played CV that I can't remember.

Also once you unlock the bonus mini-game. When you are playing as Steve you can use the golden Lugers for a one hit kill on zombies. All you have to do is aim slightly upwards and you can shoot them in the head, it may be slightly easier in first person view mode.

Is there anyway to play through the main game with an alternate clothing style with Claire, I found it strange most other RE games gave you alternate clothes and this one didn't.

Good luck guys.
                            Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

i finished playing the ps2 pal version of it yesterday
                              so i just sent an mp3 to dot to see if i can talk about it on the podcast

Comment

Working...
                              X