No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch 4 - Playing RE:CV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever wonder why the back of Steve's jacket says "ROCKFORT PRISON - 267 - STEVE." What's the point of issuing someone an inmate number if everyone is on a first name basis? Also, is it just me, or does the guy who gives Claire a rifle-butt to the head in the opening cinematic sound a bit like Dale Gribble from King of the Hill?
    Last edited by Chimera; 10-09-2008, 11:28 PM.

Comment

And what was that stupid thing that he was wearing on his neck? Like a transmitor?
      "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

it looks like a dog collar, which makes sense.

Comment

Actually that transmitor has been taken directly from the movie Battle Royale.
          sigpic

Comment

Steve seemed alright in the novel... but I'll have to play the game... damn, I need a PS2.

Comment

^ if you've got a decent pc, use emulation, pcsx2 is pretty good these days.

Comment

Yeah, but download the game? I don't think so. I suppose I could buy a secondhand copy from my local store, but I got paid shitall this week and that would take a big chunk out of my pay.

Comment

its a reaaaaaaally old game you'll probably be able to find it real cheap.

Spoiler:
                  Last edited by A-J; 10-10-2008, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Biohazard Code Veronica was a turning point for the series. I thought it was all going down hill after it in a land side of terrible "Hollywoood-ish" proportions.

My questions to Capcom are:

1. Why didn't they add a new playable character.
                    2. Why go for Jon woo style stunts ?
                    3. Couldn't they come up with something better than that horrible story for the origin of Umbrella?! I mean co.me on! A sexually confused dude that looks like he's from the 1900's?
                    4. Why in the name of God did they have to make Wesker into a super-villan?! With powers and crap? That sucked monkey ***** !

Here's to Dark Biohazard, the last great Biohazard game.

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofHerrera View Post
                      4. Why in the name of God did they have to make Wesker into a super-villan?! With powers and crap? That sucked monkey ***** !
                      One word: fanboys.

Comment

I was okay with Super-Wesker until two days ago when he began teleporting in RE5 trailers.

Comment

He lost me at hello.

Comment

He lost me at hello.
                            Don't you mean...

"GREETINGS!"

Comment

"Greetings CHRIS!" *Teleports to chris's back placing his chin on chris's shoulder.*

*House of herrera walks away holding his copy of Biohazard for the sega saturn. His grasp tightens on it forcing a tear to roll down his cheek, as he hears the fight between wesker and chris rage on in all it's woo-trix glory*

Sega Saturn Shiro ! ! SEGA SATURN SHIRO!

Comment

Well, lets look at Wesker's apparent teleportation this way. In CV/X, a mere 4 months after RE1, Wesker already had some super speed and definite super strength. Given that the virus has had the time (10 years) to progess and have infected his entire body and is constantly making him stronger and faster, his sprint now might be so fast that by moving from point A to point B he causes a strong vortex of air as he moves foward. I'm not sure why we see "black smoke" but that might just be a game element to show the air he's displacing (or maybe he's just dirty or it's the dirt on the ground being picked up).

Now on to why he appears to dissappear.

Our eyes see roughly at certain refresh/frame rate. If something moves faster than we can see, then we see one of two things depending on speed. We either see something like in CV/X where there's a residual "after-image" trail left behind the moving object. Or, we see it move from point A to B without seemingly crossing the path in between, which seems to be the case with Wesker now.

Comment

Working...
                                X