No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch 4 - Playing RE:CV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, what, it's not the game, it's our eyes?

Comment

Can someone tell me how to kill that Tyrant with Claire in the minigame? \o\

If I stay close to him,he kills me,if I get far,he throws me from the building xD

Comment

To defeat the tyrant in the mini-game go in the side door, of the room before Alfreds 'Specail Playground.' pull on the fruit machine and hope you get the B.O.W gas rounds it makes things a lot simpler.

In the main game, it is the room where the mouse escapes and the shutter comes down. Alfred comes on the speaker taliking about his 'Specail Playground.' Where he hopes 'you don't disappoint me by dying too soon,'

Hope this helps.
        Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks,I will try someday
          hahahahha
          Last edited by Guest; 10-10-2008, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
            Well, lets look at Wesker's apparent teleportation this way. In CV/X, a mere 4 months after RE1, Wesker already had some super speed and definite super strength. Given that the virus has had the time (10 years) to progess and have infected his entire body and is constantly making him stronger and faster, his sprint now might be so fast that by moving from point A to point B he causes a strong vortex of air as he moves foward. I'm not sure why we see "black smoke" but that might just be a game element to show the air he's displacing (or maybe he's just dirty or it's the dirt on the ground being picked up).

Now on to why he appears to dissappear.

Our eyes see roughly at certain refresh/frame rate. If something moves faster than we can see, then we see one of two things depending on speed. We either see something like in CV/X where there's a residual "after-image" trail left behind the moving object. Or, we see it move from point A to B without seemingly crossing the path in between, which seems to be the case with Wesker now.
            This is why I like PO theories and explanations.

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
              Well, lets look at Wesker's apparent teleportation this way. In CV/X, a mere 4 months after RE1, Wesker already had some super speed and definite super strength. Given that the virus has had the time (10 years) to progess and have infected his entire body and is constantly making him stronger and faster, his sprint now might be so fast that by moving from point A to point B he causes a strong vortex of air as he moves foward. I'm not sure why we see "black smoke" but that might just be a game element to show the air he's displacing (or maybe he's just dirty or it's the dirt on the ground being picked up).

Now on to why he appears to dissappear.

Our eyes see roughly at certain refresh/frame rate. If something moves faster than we can see, then we see one of two things depending on speed. We either see something like in CV/X where there's a residual "after-image" trail left behind the moving object. Or, we see it move from point A to B without seemingly crossing the path in between, which seems to be the case with Wesker now.
              You've gotta wonder what Wesker's internal structure is like now. My biology knowledge is a bit limited but would I be wrong to say that a normal human moving that fast would reduce there insides to a mush paste? And his muscular and skeletal system must be freakishly tough too.

I suppose part of that might come from some ability to regenerate, since muscles break down when you you use them and get rebuilt. If his muscles are influenced by a regeneration factor it would allow him to use them a lot harder and they'd be rebuilt that much tougher in much quicker time.

...ten to one Capcom hasn't put this much thought into it and just thinks Wesker moving so fast he can't be seen is a cool effect.

Comment

Guys, this is a video game! Not real life!
                Last edited by Helegad; 10-11-2008, 08:11 AM.

Comment

And? Just because it's a video game doesn't mean it can't be realistic too. They might as well give these things some thought other than, 'Huh, cool.' After all they've gone through so much effort to make everything else realistic, such as the guns and damage and shadows and such. Might as well do the same for biology.

Comment

Metal Gear Solid tried to retain a sense of realism, and then we hit MGS3.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                      Guys, this is a video game! Not real life!
                      And that should stop us from theorizing how things would work in the real world? I think bringing the game into the real world adds depth to game and an understanding, albeit theoretical, to why things happen the way they do, which then helps to predict what may happen later, or explain what happens later...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                        Metal Gear Solid tried to retain a sense of realism, and then we hit MGS3.

don't you go dissing the Bee man now.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                          Hey, I actually liked MGS3. Yes, even The Pain. =P
                          See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post

Last edited by Project Omega; 10-11-2008, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Back to topic:

If Code V were to have done less it would have been a better game period.

I'm not saying it is the case with all types of games, for biohazard it is diffrent. Who would have ever thought that steve could have possibly turned into that re-dick-U-luss (<-I ment that.) treasure troll? WTH !

Comment

I didn't mind Steve's transformation. What bothered me was that he was somehow able to revert back to his normal form.

Comment

Working...
                                X