No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch 4 - Playing RE:CV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps, all the human antagonists also had this ability albeit are destroyed before they get a chance to revert back? It would explain why Salazar went all ape-shit-giant-spider on us and still planned to be a super awesome terrorist.

Comment

Originally posted by Chimera View Post
      I didn't mind Steve's transformation. What bothered me was that he was somehow able to revert back to his normal form.
      Agreed his body would be severly mutilated from the transformation. Cv is still my favorite RE game so I eagerly await this podcast.

Comment

It's kinda like "THE HULK". His body doent show any stretch markers or any rips when he re-verts. ....

Lame. Very lame. Out of all the millions of great ideas in the world, they have to throw in a cheep mainstream concept.

Thanks capcom

Dark Biohazard
        " save the fans, save the franchise."

Comment

CV is the one RE game that I think I played the least. I can't really get into it. I wanted to play it before the podcast but think I will just watch some videos on youtube.

Comment

I finally cleared away all my work, so I'll be starting the game today The gamecube version will be the version I pick.

Comment

I just noticed this topic was here (buried in the pile of all the recent RE5 news) thanks to Dot's post.

As my PS2 is currently set up still from recent, I will be attempting to replay Code Veronica X on it.

Currently I have no idea what sort of outcome this will have as the last time I played Code Veronica I felt like hanging myself... it's just so slow. This will make for an interesting call in I think.
              Last edited by Rombie; 10-12-2008, 11:03 AM.

Comment

I replayed Code Veronica X on PS2 last year. I'm not in a hurry to do it again any time soon. I might just freshen up with a few rounds on Battle Mode.
                But I've scribbled down some impressions.

*Steve Burnside is quite possibly the most annoying videogame character that I've ever encountered... EVER! I wanted so badly for Claire to just turn around and beat the living shit out of the twit. That or maybe just put him over her knee and spank him like the stupid cry baby that he is.
                *It's hard to believe that Steve's 'Most Annoying title' could ever be challenged but there is a contender, in the very same game! Introducing Alfred Ashford. It's not so much that he's a weirdo, cross-dressing, screwed up, nut job. It's because of his voice and dialogue. At times so cringe worthy it almost made me embarrassed to be a Resident Evil fan.
                *The environments were mostly bland and boring but there were a few nice exceptions.
                *The cut scenes were crappy and there were only 3 or 4 higher quality FMVs over the course of the (very long) game.
                *The introduction of 'Super Wesker', I found to be, well... kinda annoying. -Mr.(I'm not dead and now I have super powers) Wesker.
                *The story of Alexia, the Ashfords and the virus was very good and intriguing. I liked it and seeing those kids pull the wings of dragon flies explained everything. Those are always the little bastards who turn out to be psychos.
                *Alexia herself was great! What's not to like about a hot naked chick stepping out of a tube?
                *The final boss fight against an ENORMOUS vagina was a brilliant idea but poorly executed. I just found it annoying.

Believe it or not, I did enjoy the game over all. I love all the RE games but this one is my 2nd least favorite. My least favorite being Survivor 2, (coincidently?) based on the same story.
                It's a good game but I thought it was a disappointing follow up to RE3. I find it strange that a lot of people thought RE3 was a disappointing follow up to RE2 and RE:CV was a return to form...
                Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                  I finally cleared away all my work, so I'll be starting the game today The gamecube version will be the version I pick.
                  Were any improvements made to the Gamecube version? Like progressive scan or is it a simple port?

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                  I just noticed this topic was here (buried in the pile of all the recent RE5 news) thanks to Dot's post.

As my PS2 is currently set up still from recent, I will be attempting to replay Code Veronica X on it.

Currently I have no idea what sort of outcome this will have as the last time I played Code Veronica I felt like hanging myself... it's just so slow. This will make for an interesting call in I think.
                  Hey! Haven't heard from you in the longest time. It's Hellraiser from Shenmue Dojo. Just wanted to say Hi!
                  Last edited by Ziming; 10-12-2008, 07:16 PM.

Comment

I'm forcing 480p on the Gamecube via a modchip, and its looking great so far. No adverse affects

But damn, theres so much back tracking in this game. Chalk that up to me not remembering some areas, but yeah, theres a whole lot on the initial island. When I got that Piano Roll, I nearly dropped dead. The whole thing is back tracking :|

Comment

I'm on my way all the way back to the prison, to use the second Eagle Plate. Then it's the rape dungeon.
                      See you in hell.

Comment

Something to ponder while you're playing. If she was kept for "frozen" for 15 years, then there are two things we should see:

1. Since her metabolism rate would have slowed to almost zero, she would have not have aged/grown into the size of a normal adult. She's still have her 12~13 year old body.

2. She'd still have the intellect of a 12 year old since since she was most likely in a comatose state for the 15 years she was frozen. You can't learn new things and grow up and mature like a normal person if you're in a coma...

Comment

For part two there, you forget, she graduated college at age 10 at the top of her class. So for her intellect, she'd be pretty smart and rational I suppose.

Comment

this game was the reason i actually got a dreamcast...then i realized it sucked and bought sonic adventure.

seriously, then i played on the PS2 and it was worse. the puzzles nearly border on undoable without a guide. half the time the ammo you really need like SS rounds and G rounds are never around. half the time you need to rely on the bowgun but then you run out of ammo for it. thats not including the fact that if you get poisoned against alexander you have to rebacktrack and get the antidote.

oh yeah and the whole 'make sure you grab the fire extinguisher so you can get the only gun that might have a chance against alexia' thing can kiss my ASS!!!!!!!

Comment

For part two there, you forget, she graduated college at age 10 at the top of her class. So for her intellect, she'd be pretty smart and rational I suppose.
                              I took that into consideration, but given that puberty affects the physical body as well as mental aspect of a person in terms of developmental psychology, I had to note it some how; I probably could have worded it better, I guess.

Puberty has a big effect on various parts of the brain such as the amygdala; it's primary role in the brain is the processing and memory of emotional reactions and during puberty, the amygdala is essentially a hotzone of activity which explains why teens can tend to be so emotional. 12 year old Alexia may have been a genius and very book smart, but the common sense that develops over years of experience would not necessarily be there.
                              Last edited by Project Omega; 10-14-2008, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Jesus, PO, you're way too smart. You should be Alexia's brother...

Comment

Working...
                                X