No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5 to be released on the 12th of March 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry, but that trailer made Wesker seem more bad-ass than ever, if possible.

I also love them taking a more Metal Gear Solid-style approach with their cinematics. I give credit to the new technology.

This game has the potential to have some absolutely amazing cutscenes.

Comment

Having Jill die off like that is just as bad as in RE 4 when Umbrella was finished because their stocks crashed. Truth is most long time fans realized how shitty that was and we got a sorta final confrontation in UC. Looks like this game will see the last part of Umbrella finished off and like the theory of Spencer being in a bunker. It is possible Spencer had a base in Africa and since according to Takeuchi, CV said that the virus was founded in Africa.
      Last edited by Stars1356; 10-08-2008, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Here:

Sad to see.....

Comment

Yeah, it is sad to see. Never thought I'd feel this way about a Resident Evil character. And hell, she isn't even 'confirmed' dead...it's just a headstone in a trailer.

I've had emotional attachments to MGS characters, but never really Resident Evil ones. But I think that's because none of the important ones ever died...and if Jill is dead, or Chris dies or anyone else, I'll feel terrible because all Jill and Chris ever wanted to do was put an end to Umbrella, and if Jill didn't see Umbrella's end before her death, that's just plain depressing.

Comment

Is Capcom trying to put drama like MGS did by killing a popular character?

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
              Is Capcom trying to put drama like MGS did by killing a popular character?
              Who are you referring to?

And even if they are, MGS4 was the final game in the series.

Is RE5 the final game in the series? I'd think not, but I can't be too sure...

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                Yeah, it is sad to see. Never thought I'd feel this way about a Resident Evil character. And hell, she isn't even 'confirmed' dead...it's just a headstone in a trailer.

I've had emotional attachments to MGS characters, but never really Resident Evil ones. But I think that's because none of the important ones ever died...and if Jill is dead, or Chris dies or anyone else, I'll feel terrible because all Jill and Chris ever wanted to do was put an end to Umbrella, and if Jill didn't see Umbrella's end before her death, that's just plain depressing.
                If Jill IS dead, I can see Chris sacrificing himself to kill Wesker...

Comment

But the bird woman can't be her, Why so cold Jill? Why?. That's not her.
                  Wesker killed her? + virus then a super killing machine? I don't think so.

Comment

Lol, this is crazy.

These trailers unveiled Wesker and Spencer, showed more of Chris and Sheva than ever, and we're talking about 3 seconds out of 8 minutes of trailer-footage, albeit an IMPORTANT 3 seconds, but still... Is Jill really this important? It's starting to make me think...

Comment

Yes she is. Because she's one of the most popular characters in the RE universe

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                        Lol, this is crazy.

These trailers unveiled Wesker and Spencer, showed more of Chris and Sheva than ever, and we're talking about 3 seconds out of 8 minutes of trailer-footage, albeit an IMPORTANT 3 seconds, but still... Is Jill really this important? It's starting to make me think...
                        Jill's been the leading lady in the RE world since 1996 - that's why! And if the ending scenes of the PS1 era RE1 were any indication...Jill and Chris may have been getting it on.

Comment

I'm reading many forums, and all fans are shocked saying "they can't kill this character off just like this, there must be something more" Everyone gots clueless

Comment

The way I see it is this...how many main characters have Capcom killed off?

Ah, yes. None. I think the closest they get is Birkin.

All of a sudden they're gonna kill off Jill, one of the most important and popular characters and do it off screen, maybe in a flashback? This tells me one of two things. One is, of course, that there's a lot more to this than a tombstone suggests.

Or two, Capcom hates fans. It's a bit off a toss up right now.

Comment

The release date was confirmed aaaaaaages ago i thought?

Comment

CELLLLLLLLLLLLEDBRATE GOOD TIMES COME ON!!!

Am I the only one happy to see this happen?
                                I think its good for furthering the story.
                                And obviously she's not dead, but I don't believe in faking her death too.
                                I mean if she's 100% dead damn, it'll be one hell of a flashback sequence, but I get the feeling its one of those everyone thinks she's dead but Wesker took her corpse, molested it then reanimated it with whatever the hip virus is these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X