Resident Evil 5 gets Offline Split Sreen Co-op as well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 gets Offline Split Sreen Co-op as well

This comes off as a pleasent surprise, apparently IGN tells us that at TGS capcom confirmed that the they are including an offline split screen co-op mode in the game as well.

Capcom refers to the offline co-op play as, appropriately-enough, "Offline Co-op Mode." This mode delivers the same co-op experience as offered by the online co-op mode, only with two local players controlling the action in split screen.
    They also have their own hands on with the game at the event which can also be reached via the link below.

Source : IGN

Yaaay that way I can play it with my bro too

Comment

That is great, I was really hoping for it.
      "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Am I the only person who will prefer to use 2 TV Sets to play Offline Coop Play ?

Comment

I'd prefer that, but that'd mean 2 consoles and 2 TV's.

But im happy for split screen, just curious how the game holds up the frame rate.

Comment

I actually don't own either a XBOX360 or a PS3, though, isn't a PS3 able to support two tv sets, is it?

Comment

All we need is System Link. plz
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Split-screen?
                Sweet!
                I'll be there day one

Comment

I wonder if the game will degrade itself while playing in spit screen mode. Games like Quake on the DC looked sub par if you played split screen with a buddy. Then again these are stronger systems so who knows.

Would be nice to hear more info on a PC release as I don't have a PS3 or 360. It would be cool to go blast some baddies with some of the board members here.
                  Last edited by alf717; 10-09-2008, 10:53 AM.

Comment

here's a photo of the split screen mode if anyone is interested

Comment

Where did you get it?
                      sigpic

Comment

Interesting. This should make things more interesting. I may be able to go online now...but I'd rather not.

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                          Where did you get it?
                          Right click it and you'd see it was famitsu.com.

Comment

Already did thanks man
                            sigpic

Comment

Nice. I'm looking forward to throwing some beer cans at my buddies heads when they screw something up (vice versa too, of course).
                              Hell of a lot more fun than smack talking over Live or PSN.

Comment

Working...
                              X