No announcement yet.

RE4 GC - PS2 Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should note that in the most recent Gamespot videos and Trailers the PS2 version appears to have fog very similar to the GC final version. Ill have to compare both final retail games when it releases though to really say if its still like this.

Comment

Well, at least PS2 version gets points because of the extra games and costumes... but GC version is thumbs up in the gfx department as expected!

Damn... now i'll have to get a PS2 to play those RE games that I haven't played!!!

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Frankly the difference to me seems to be marginal after playing both versions; I think the only significant improvement would be to port it to Xbox since the contrast in system specs would be more pronounced and the difference would be much more noticeable.

Comment

bar the lighting *noticeably the lightning strikes, which were f*cking awesome in the GC version* its all the same to me

Comment

Im an idiot.
            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-24-2006, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I just had to say it again, I am an idiot.
              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-24-2006, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Sorry, once again I must tell you Im an idiot. I use Microsoft FrontPage to try and deface websites.
                Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-24-2006, 03:04 PM.

Comment

I try to use javascript in forums, cause I am an idiot.

Oops I dropped my IP address while trying to exploit this forum. I hope noone does anything bad!

dsl85-104-41397.ttnet.net.tr
                  Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-24-2006, 03:05 PM.

Comment

OH what the heck! thank for this. Even when i JUST BORROWED this from friend, we were scared about this PS2 version running over. Ofcourse, even when someones still think, technically ps2 is half of camecubes capalities. i just now remember that gamecube´s IBM (name) processor was 497, 489 mhz, and playstation was 199 or 207 mhz. alltrough if i remember, gamecube´s ATI gekko GPU unit had mayyybe 64 mb of memory... no! it was that Xbox had 36, gamecube 16 and PS2´s mybe, was i now the same 16 mb, any how, i the rough it is half (ofcourse, PS2 was out half before GC and XB...) but so. i was waiting something like this so it´s all good!! thanks for this. BTW i noticed that bullet marker was diffrent too! AND one question is animation of particles in chars (such as leon´s jacket, or packets in bck, or ashley´s skirt) animated in same way in ps2 version?

Comment

dam ps2 sux

Comment

The graphics in the PS2 version are not as smooth as the GameCube version, and the whole thing worked out as a ploy to get you to buy the game twice, so the GameCube version for teh win.

Comment

i have to point out...heh thread from the dead, sorry ;) that the overall smoothness of the controllers...GC is far superior. aiming is terrible in PSX2 version. i haven't found buffering stats, but playing the wooden ganados shooting mini-games side by side...PSX2 version suffers from shakiness and poor smoothing when moving the analog stick gently. skill AND luck are required, rather than just skill.

i play games for the games...even if the graphics are poor, but it makes you sad when you see controls and graphics both failing.

Comment

Working...
                          X