No announcement yet.

Degeneration gets reviewed, more RE5 TGS coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a SH fan too but i think the movie is not so good, in my opinion it is comparable with RE Apocalypse, both movies want to be a "game-like movie" but the final result is that both movies aren't faithful to their games. However I prefer SH movie, becouse it isn't an "over the top" movie like RE movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
      Yeah, I don't get why Sheva can't maintain a 'realtime' place within the 3D environment. They did it in other games. And not have her materializing out of thin air beside Chris. If she gets too far away, so be it...

I don't think I can count how many times some AI controlled sidekick in a game has pissed me off 'cause they basically require you to hold their hands for them to navigate through the terrain, thus making it impossible to do anything within an acceptable timeframe on a second, third, fourth, fifth or hundredth playthrough.

Don't see the problem with her "ghosting in" next to you when she "catches up" with you. Then you at least know she's "back". (And you should seriously recognize her when she "pops up".)

Originally posted by Colvin
      What was Ashley's excuse?
      Presidential daughter. Those are often never good for anything but creepy paparazzi footage, photoshopped nudes and weird websites dedicated to stalking their every move and fantasizing about weird ass shit that should normally warrant people some good ol' jail time.

Comment

I thort Ashley's AI was fine, cos at certain points u cud tell her to "eff off" and hide in a container!

generally as she hid behind leon she didnt get in the way.

Sheva's ghosting as its been dubbed I think may bother me. Zero's greatest flaw imo was the 2 player aspect with AI. Not only does 2 characters on screen negate the fear considerably, the other character never did wat u wanted them to do.

Sure the AI on this gen would have improved, but for me its something to worry about that you shudnt have 2. In 2 player mode the game will run excellently (as long as there is no lag) with comp AI i can only envisage numerous threads in the next year or so.
        "Wat Sheva did this time....." with tales of wasted rocket launcher missles, and used up magnum rounds which u were saving. That wud annoy

Comment

I think there's some confusion about the ghosting effect. I've not read all posts, so forgive me if i get this wrong - But the general concensus seems to be that Sheva teleports to you to get out of 'stuck' situations. It seems to me that she 'ghosts' when close to the camera so she doesn't completely obscure your view, and you can still see what is going on around you. Several third person games utilize this effect and it is helpful to have sometimes.

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
          Not the fans on the Silent Hill site i'm a member of, they think the film's a disgrace.
          Would that be silenthillforum.co.uk? They are a bunch of self righteous wan.... Ok, i'll stop there
          Last edited by Gideon Quinn; 10-13-2008, 12:45 PM.

Comment

The co-op gameplay is a nice feature if you are not connected online.

Comment

theres just no pleasing you people is there? xD
              and those arnt drain demos
              there just spiders or maybe plaga parasites

Comment

I'm sorry, I forgot, but does RE5 have destructible environments? Also, I was just playing RE4 the other day, and although I'm not too crazy about this new direction they have taken the series, it looks like RE5 is looking to be better than RE4. I think the upgrade of the graphics quality from RE4 to RE5, will make RE5 easier to play, and more enjoyable than RE4 was. But that's just my opinion. The graphics in RE4 are good, but they are already starting to show their age. Well, maybe not so much, but I definately like the crisp, clear, High Definition video footage and screens of RE5 more than I do RE4. I think the visual quality will make a big difference.
                My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

There seems to be more destructible environments. We have see red barrels from RE3, and the enemies tearing down walls and ceilings.

Comment

I thort Ashley's AI was fine, cos at certain points u cud tell her to "eff off" and hide in a container!
                    I agree! And I liked the way she hid behind Leon when there was danger and ducked if you pointed a gun in her direction (or if she was in her suit of armor, her face plate slid down. That was a classic ). I understand the new system with Sheva might be useful but I'm not real happy about it.
                    theres just no pleasing you people is there?
                    Actually, I'm quite easily pleased. Don't get me wrong. I think RE5 is looking AWESOME! It's spectacular and I can't wait! But this little visual oddity with Sheva was worth mentioning IMO. It was the first thing I noticed when watching the new footage in the caves and I found it distracting. In such an incredible looking experience, it's a shame that I should be reminded that I'm only playing a videogame, every time Sheva 'pops' onto the screen.

Regarding the Silent Hill film: I bought it today, brand new (sealed) from a shop for $9. I've seen it before and I quite liked it. I think it did a 10X better job of reproducing the look and atmosphere of the games, than those damn 'Resident Evil' movies. The 'making of' was interesting too.

Comment

The Silent Hill film is probably the closest thing to a movie being on par with a game. It wasn't exactly the same but I didn't expect that. I found the story in Silent Hill to be confusing anyway.

As far as the Degeneration review, I just take the wait and see approach and wait till I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stars1356 View Post
                        The Silent Hill film is probably the closest thing to a movie being on par with a game. It wasn't exactly the same but I didn't expect that. I found the story in Silent Hill to be confusing anyway.

As far as the Degeneration review, I just take the wait and see approach and wait till I see it.
                        Totally agree with you here, about the SH movie and Degeneration either.
                        "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Working...
                        X