Degeneration gets reviewed, more RE5 TGS coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on what?
    Well, for starters he compares it to RE5, which is still in development and is not a CGI movie.

According to the BIO3 guide, DD are parasitic insects that fed on zombies.
    Last edited by Colvin; 10-11-2008, 11:31 AM.

Comment

He's not making a direct comparison between the two though, just that he's disappointed that after seeing two great RE5 trailers that Degeneration is a let down.

Comment

How is Takeuchi talking to in the cave gameplay on re5? i think he's using re5 to impress the ladies. lol

Comment

its a co presenter.

Comment

They always have some random pretty lady standing up there with the game producer (or whoever is presenting the game) to sound interested and excited even though they probably don't have the slightest clue what is actually going on.

Comment

See Also: Veronica Belmont

Comment

and i don't like Sheva's ghosting onto the screen one bit.
                I don't like it either!!!
                It seems that Wesker's not the only one to develop the power to warp around the screen.
                Damn, I hope they fix that. It was really annoying and distracting. Like a constant reminder that you're only playing a video game. She seemed to teleport next to him when ever he got too far ahead of her.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                  I don't like it either!!!
                  It seems that Wesker's not the only one to develop the power to warp around the screen.
                  Damn, I hope they fix that. It was really annoying and distracting. Like a constant reminder that you're only playing a video game. She seemed to teleport next to him when ever he got too far ahead of her.
                  Exactly. What was wrong with how Ganados or Ashley would appear onto the screen from over your shoulder in RE4? This new ghosting effect is a poor effort.

Comment

Exactly. What was wrong with how Ganados or Ashley would appear onto the screen from over your shoulder in RE4? This new ghosting effect is a poor effort.
                    I disagree. It's a good way to maintain game play without annoying the player. Her "ghosting" wouldn't affect any aspect really.

I'm sure when you're in battle with gandos you'll appreciate the extra feature. Ashley was a poor supporting character. Cowardice can be explained by Sherry, who was only 12-years-old. What was Ashley's excuse?
                    Last edited by Colvin; 10-12-2008, 02:57 AM.

Comment

I recalled it being called a Drain Demos, named after the moon of mars... the other one was the Brain Sucker.

Phobos and Demos, the names of the moons that mars has.

Comment

I usually prefer not to trust reviews anyway, they're either too strict on games/movies because reviewers want to sound different and "out there", or in 1up's case they're usually too overly generous with the ratings.
                        In either case, you should probably just see the movie or buy the game yourself anyway, it was bound to just be fan service in the same vein as advent children was to Squenix fans, probably didn't break the bank in financial cost for Sony/Capcom and will probably turn in a nice profit in DVD sales in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Colvin View Post
                          I disagree. It's a good way to maintain game play without annoying the player. Her "ghosting" wouldn't affect any aspect really
                          As was just said, it's a distraction. Not once playing RE4 did anyone pop over my shoulder and have it look anywhere near as annoying as Sheva ghosting onto the screen a good bit later than anyone would've appeared from behind you in RE4.

Originally posted by Colvin View Post
                          I'm sure when you're in battle with gandos you'll appreciate the extra feature. Ashley was a poor supporting character. Cowardice can be explained by Sherry, who was only 12-years-old. What was Ashley's excuse?
                          Are we really going to turn this into another RE4 bashing session? I don't think we are. This has absolutely nothing to do with who can handle themselves or not, who was a poor supporting, who is better, or whatever else you want to throw out there. We're just talking about who they would appear on the screen.

Comment

Yeah, I don't get why Sheva can't maintain a 'realtime' place within the 3D environment. They did it in other games. And not have her materializing out of thin air beside Chris. If she gets too far away, so be it...

btw, this thread is getting a bit confusing. We've got Drain Deimos discussions, Degeneration reviews and Sheva teleporting all over the place

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                              btw, this thread is getting a bit confusing. We've got Drain Deimos discussions, Degeneration reviews and Sheva teleporting all over the place
                              Yeah i think when there's more than one news piece to be posted they should go up seperately, makes discussions much easier to follow haha

Comment

i honestly don't give a tiny rat ass to film reviews , unlike games everyone is spoiled when it comes to reviewing a film, so ill just wait for the film and judge it myself.
                                Originally posted by A-J View Post
                                im a SH fan, i can say that i loved the movie, and i don't really care what others think about it. Maybe that'll be the case with Degeneration too.
                                i agree that film was bad-ass! but only because Pyramid Head was in it

Comment

Working...
                                X