Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RE1 opening and ending song translations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE1 opening and ending song translations?

Hey guys! I know we're still sort of having RE5 TGS fever (I KNOW I AM), so I'll post this now that the shiny new stuff is out and lengthily rambled about. >D

So! Going back in time to our much loved first RE game, the Japanese version of the game had a couple of ... awesomly catchy if not probably geeky songs for the opening and ending themes. Koori no Manazashi and Yume de Orasenai, both sung by Fumitaka Fuchigami.

What I'm wondering is if these two songs have ever been translated, since I'd love to see the lyrics. XD The japanese lyrics for both are on animelyrics.com here, and here are mp3s of both songs if anyone doesn't have them:

Koori no Manazashi
    Yume de Orasenai

A very short version of the opening was played in the character introductions (I GOT A SHOT-GUN!!!1) here. And the end had those Jill, Chris, and monsters endings, which is like 10x better with this song playing because wtf. Jill,Chris, and monster.

So yeah, there are a bunch of links for anyone who might make use of them, but like I said, what I'm really wondering here is if anybody's done a translation of the songs (or would want to). ♥

Romanji to English Dictionary FTW.

Comment

How accurate is that for complete lines? I use a bunch of stuff like that to get the general jist of things on forums and stuff a lot, and they do help. But from what I get from people fluent in Japanese is that with some of the mixed meanings/words, it gets a little tougher to get accurate translations of things if you're not familiar with the like. Structure of the language. Though that does help, I was able to get the general idea of a few of the lines. XD

Comment

With any translations, once you get the words, judging from the context clues available, you are to come up with your own way of it making sense to you. Such as the phrase, "Watashi no namae wa Omega desu " would roughly translate to " My(self) name Omega is" or something to that effect, but would make more sense as "My name is Omega". As long as you can make the translation make sense to you, that's all that really matters, IMO. A literal translation would be using the Japanese grammar system and that would just confuse readers who are accustomed to say the English grammar system.

Comment

The soundtrack has the lyrics. Some are in English.

Comment

That would be the Original Soundtrack Remix, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
              That would be the Original Soundtrack Remix, right?
              Nope. AFAIK These tracks are only available on the 8cm CD single. I can confirm they aren't on the OST remix.
              Been searching everywhere for a copy > <. It's very expensive to buy.
              You can also hear parts of the songs on the VHS "Birth of Biohazard".

and thanks for the full mp3s!
              Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 10-14-2008, 09:50 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Great MP3s!

Comment

The cd has both songs without the vocals so you can make a karaoke with them. Since the cd is so rare, is there any problem with upload them here?

Comment

Haha yeah, the middle of Koori no Manazashi has a bit of (great) English toward the middle. And then screaming. XD

Comment

Originally posted by Ridley W. Hayes View Post
                      The cd has both songs without the vocals so you can make a karaoke with them. Since the cd is so rare, is there any problem with upload them here?
                      With recent laws in the US that have been passed, I don't think we can, sorry

But I was considering having us parody it on the RPD Dispatch. John doesn't want any of it though, refusing to Karaoke Japanese. I can't say I blame him, but I think it would be pretty funny
                      Last edited by Dot50Cal; 10-15-2008, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Oh, come on John, that'd be hilarious!

Comment

Damn weeaboos, they're trying to drag me down to their level now.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

Down to their level? What level?

Comment

Dignity must be sacrificed for the greater good of me being amused.

Comment

Working...
                              X