Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electronic Arts releases Dead Space in the US (EU to follow on the 24th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic Arts releases Dead Space in the US (EU to follow on the 24th)

Another piece of non-RE news making its way to frontpage!?

Trying to sneak in a little bit here and there, but not too frequently and certainly not to distract you from all the amazing Resident Evil 5 and Degeneration information we've seen recently. However, fortunately, this is at least totally Survival Horror related!

Wednesday the 15th of October (or Friday the 24th if you're in PAL land) of 2008 marks the day when some of you will probably get your next Survival Horror fix. Be it either because you're still waiting for Homecoming, Homecoming let you down or you're just already burnt out and looking for the next source of entertainment.

The guys at EARS actually did a pretty impressive job with this one, you can have our word on that, so I suggest that everyone at least gives the launch trailer a look if Dead Space is still something you consider a foreign pair of words in your vocabulary. So I guess we can say "Welcome to the world of Survival Horror!" to Electronic Arts, and let's see if Dead Space is up to the task of making it on the market or if it'll just end up Dead on some shelf Space.

Hell yeah. Picking up the PC version in a week.
    sigpic

Comment

Trailer looked pretty cool and I'm a fan of the whole 'horror in space' thing but I'm still not convinced.
      I've read a couple of reviews and some of it sounds good and some elements don't really appeal to me... Still not convinced.
      I'd like to hear some more impressions.

I'll probably be getting Bioshock for PS3 before this (I've never had the chance to play it). Which do you think would be better?

Comment

Not Resident Evil? Don't care. I hate those sci-fi weapons games. I want an AK-47 not a plasma blaster. LOL

Comment

We get this later, but in the mean time I'll be renting BioShock.
          See you in hell.

Comment

Bring it on!

Comment

Already have it reserved! Picking it up tomorrow morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
                Hell yeah. Picking up the PC version in a week.
                Same here, then maybe we can discuss it a bit on the 5th episode of the podcast

I've been avoiding all media for it, since it basically looks like RE4 with an actual survival horror atmosphere. So I'm all in for that
                Last edited by Dot50Cal; 10-15-2008, 03:26 PM.

Comment

I just read that the Aussie version has been censored!!!
                  Yet another game butchered by the authorities. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
                  I'll definitely be importing if I do get it.

Also at the PSN store, you can download a special suit for your character to wear in the game. It's free from Oct 24 to Nov 7. After then you have to pay for it.

There's a number of big games (including this one) out this month and next. I'm not sure which ones I'll be getting.
                  I might have to start hiring more games...

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                    I've been avoiding all media for it, since it basically looks like RE4 with an actual survival horror atmosphere. So I'm all in for that
                    Should consider yourself lucky for having been able to avoid coverage of it.
                    I've been basically getting it down my throat. Fortunately, though, I haven't seen EVERYTHING of it, so there'll still be things that're fresh to me when I get around to actually playing it. There were things I didn't like, but the overall package is still good (Hell, I don't think I've seen any games this generation get close to perfection yet anyway.)
                    Last edited by Carnivol; 10-15-2008, 10:09 PM. Reason: Adding a note here in the reason thingy stating that Dead Space has some marvelous technological wizardry under the hood!

Comment

I just read that the Aussie version has been censored!!!
                      Yet another game butchered by the authorities. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
                      I'll definitely be importing if I do get it.
                      Nah.

I guarantee you guys that nothing has been censored for any territory. We are not going to compromise for any territory that we're not getting a rating in either, just to please rating boards. That's not how we're going to play this one.

We submitted twice to the OFLC because we did an early submission months ago before alpha. We did a courtesy submission when we were nearing final as a courtesy, and to show that the game had not changed materially since the first submission (except for built out levels, polish, etc.)

Rest assured that the version of Dead Space that is played in Australia will be the same version that's played in the US, the UK, wherever.
                      Which makes the banning of Homecoming even more ridiculous.

I'll be picking up the game on local launch next week on Thursday, since the 360 version is region locked and the achievements will get me more mileage out of the game (of course =D). It does look interesting, but I will have Fable 2, Farcry 2, LittleBigPlanet AND Dead Space all on the same day.
                      Last edited by James; 10-15-2008, 10:13 PM.

Comment

unfortunately i have to either wait til nov or christmas

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis556 View Post
                          It does look interesting, but I will have Fable 2, Farcry 2, LittleBigPlanet AND Dead Space all on the same day.
                          You're forgetting about Disaster: Day of Crisis for your Wii!
                          (Also, I assume Saint's Row 2 is not on the list as you'll be getting that tomorrow.)

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                            You're forgetting about Disaster: Day of Crisis for your Wii!
                            (Also, I assume Saint's Row 2 is not on the list as you'll be getting that tomorrow.)
                            I'm not picking up Saints Row 2, got too many other games to play as it is and open world games almost always bore me (GTA4 is still sitting there incomplete >_>).

Disaster has no US date, and I need the US version since I imported my Wii, so yeah. Four games on one day is enough for me, thank you Dead Space is going to be getting the most attention though (and my copy of Homecoming MIGHT BE ARRIVING on that day too, pending customs etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by riderkid View Post
                              unfortunately i have to either wait til nov or christmas
                              me too

Comment

Working...
                              X