Capcom Getting its own PSN Storefront

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capcom Getting its own PSN Storefront

Capcom has announced that in early November, in partnership with Sony, will launch a Capcom storefront on the PSN. It will focus on all things Capcom, and should give fans of Resident Evil a convenient area to find all the things they want.

He said that Sony approached Capcom with the idea. "We're supporting PlayStation Network like no other company," Diamonon claimed. Svensson continued, "...Sony's taking advantage of--in a very real way--one of the benefits of digital, in that there are multiple ways to sort, search and put things in front of people. In a physical store, that physical object can only exist in one physical space.

"With digital, that object can be highlighted in about 20 different ways. I think Sony is first to recognize that. The more opportunities that someone has a chance to see or be exposed to our content ... the more likely it is that someone will give a Capcom title a shot."
    Read more at Edge Online

Whoa, this is new. A step in the right direction, too, I believe.

First Capcom, then Konami, then Insomniac, then? It opens the door for lots of cool expansion.

I APPROVE!!

Comment

lets hope we get RE rereleases via PSN now. Im dying to play RE2 on the road, it'll make train rides to my friends house more tolerable

Comment

Originally posted by riderkid View Post
        lets hope we get RE rereleases via PSN now. Im dying to play RE2 on the road, it'll make train rides to my friends house more tolerable
        Wow, GREAT point, man. I didn't even think of that!

Playing the original Resident Evil on PSP would be glorious.

Comment

Fantastic news. I love Capcom more than any gaming company. (second one is Kojima Productions-Konami)
          Sevket's Game Collection
          PSN Gamercards

Comment

on the other + lets not forget we still do not know whether SF4 is gonna be on disc or a download

Comment

I'm hoping they'll release some RE themes and maybe allow for some new avatars. Hopefully they'll add some of the older games and new downloadable content too.
              sigpic
              Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Playing the original Resident Evil on PSP would be glorious.
                I take it you've never bothered making a Japan or Hong Kong PSN account? Bio Director's Cut and Bio2 have been available for over a year. They work on any PSP and PS3.
                Though, I agree that it's a bit strange that the RE version of the games have never been released for the other regions...

I agree, Rosetta. Good things should come from this
                Hopefully more older game downloads. RE themes, wallpapers and avatars. Maybe more RE5 videos or exclusives. At least they should appear there faster if Capcom have their own storefront.

Comment

i've actually never tried to make an account in japan.

way too much work for me actually

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                    I take it you've never bothered making a Japan or Hong Kong PSN account? Bio Director's Cut and Bio2 have been available for over a year. They work on any PSP and PS3.
                    I know this, but I do not speak Japanese. Not worth it to me.

Comment

Being able to play RE2 on the PSP is something I've wanted for a while now. I hope they will put that on there. I'm also hoping that when RE5 is released, they will get to work on a new RE series for the PSP, which they said they were going to years ago.
                      My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                      ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                        I know this, but I do not speak Japanese. Not worth it to me.
                        I have PSN accounts for USA,Europe and Japan. There is no need to know Japanese for that. You can google "how to open a Japanese PSN account" and get help from there
                        Sevket's Game Collection
                        PSN Gamercards

Comment

Originally posted by Sevket View Post
                          I have PSN accounts for USA,Europe and Japan. There is no need to know Japanese for that. You can google "how to open a Japanese PSN account" and get help from there
                          I've made a Japanese account before, I just don't see the point in paying for a game with Japanese text and V.O.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                            Though, I agree that it's a bit strange that the RE version of the games have never been released for the other regions...

I agree, Rosetta. Good things should come from this
                            Hopefully more older game downloads. RE themes, wallpapers and avatars. Maybe more RE5 videos or exclusives. At least they should appear there faster if Capcom have their own storefront.

How does Biohazard 2 download work ? We all know that it was 2 discs. How are you able to select Leon or Cliare's adventure ?
                            Sevket's Game Collection
                            PSN Gamercards

Comment

You just hold down the PS button and a menu comes up.
                              You can choose the scenario, assign save slots and even look at the full color manual. Actually, I havn't tested this but it may even work as a 'real' pause button (to stop the in game timer).
                              The only disappointing thing about the Bio2 download is that for some baffling reason, they didn't use the DS version with Extreme Battle. I've also got the game on disk, so I can play it whenever I want but it would have been nice for the download to be the most 'complete' version available.
                              Bio-DC on the other hand is IMO the best version. Even if they released the English version, it would be the slightly censored one, so I would rather play Biohazard.
                              I've made a Japanese account before, I just don't see the point in paying for a game with Japanese text and V.O.
                              By V.O. you mean voice over? All Biohazard games have spoken dialogue in English. True the texts are in Japanese but if you've played through the games in English a few times before then it's not a problem. Personally, I just skip over the texts in later plays anyway, because I'm trying to do it fast.

I know a lot of people would rather play in English but if you REALLY want the games on your PSP or PS3, the Bio versions do the job just fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X