RPD Dispatch Episode #4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for another great podcast guys!
    I intended to skip the Degeneration spoilers but for some reason I just let it run and listened to it all. Though, I don't feel the film has been ruined for me. I'm still very much looking forward to seeing it myself. I guess I'm a little disappointed about the small amount of connections and flashbacks from the games but it still sounds pretty good.

Questions for S-Gene: (sorry if this is a dumb question) was the film you watched in English? Were there Japanese subtitles? Is there such a thing as a Japanese language version?
    I'm wondering if maybe the reported poor lip syncing is a result of the film being made with Japanese being the 'lead' language, and then dubbed for an English speaking audience... Or was it just a bit of a sloppy job?
    (I don't think this will bother me too much but it does seem a bit odd)

Comment

@ Archelon, totally agree, and well put as well. Its the most interesting aspect of RE4, and actually makes the story far better than so many people give it credit for.

The Plagas incident was used by The Organisation to reveal to them Weskers true colours. As mentioned they had grown suspicious of his activities. So wen they intercepted Luis's email, they needed someone to cordinate the infiltration.

Wesker is the man with the most experience. From Deaths Door we saw that Wesker is the best man for sitting around and hoping Ada succeeds, so why not again?!! Yea wesker has the experience and is a perfect chance to see wat he's up 2. The lure of mind controlling parasites wud reveal this.

Alas, The Organizations worst fears are confirmed as a little digging finds that he has been in contact with S and the prob find out he is in control of Umbrella as well.
      Tell Ada get the Master Plagas and effectively sever your ties with him.

How smart Wesker is to this is unclear. As Ada says he isnt stupid and knows wat The Organisation is thinking. He, however thought he wud get the Master Plagas, and assumed Ada would be loyal to him and not The Organisation. This I believe was his biggest miscalculation.

Comment

Really great podcast. I enjoy it a lot =). You sumerized a lot of the points I was gonna talk about in the recording. Looking forward the 5th episode, I'll see if I can play Dead Space in a friend's 360. Keep the good job guys!

Comment

Your all forgetting Hunk recovered a G-Virus sample for Umbrella, Umbrella's stocks where sold so any bidder could of easy got a G-Virus sample it's probably how Curtis got his sample.
          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
            Thanks for another great podcast guys!
            It was a pleasure going in with the guys to record.

Questions for S-Gene: (sorry if this is a dumb question) was the film you watched in English?
            Yes
            Were there Japanese subtitles?
            Yes
            Is there such a thing as a Japanese language version?
            I doubt it, since the Japanese theatrical release was in English, and they've never bothered making this for the games in the past.
            I'm wondering if maybe the reported poor lip syncing is a result of the film being made with Japanese being the 'lead' language, and then dubbed for an English speaking audience... Or was it just a bit of a sloppy job?
            (I don't think this will bother me too much but it does seem a bit odd)
            I think it's because the animation would have been done in Japan, and in the animator's second language (if they could even speak English). I'm not sure if the voices were fitted to the footage, or the footage was fitted to the voice clips. If the vocal work came after, then this could explain why it's noticably out in alot of scenes. As I mentioned, Leon is very static, so maybe parts were rushed? I really don't know.
            Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 10-21-2008, 10:14 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Also one part of the podcast that made me crack up was the talk about the Code Veronica X and Survivor 2 covers and the epic Claire/zombie EYE REFLECTIONS!!!1

Dun dun...

DUN DUN!!!!

The zombie one is the best ever.

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
                Your all forgetting Hunk recovered a G-Virus sample for Umbrella, Umbrella's stocks where sold so any bidder could of easy got a G-Virus sample it's probably how Curtis got his sample.
                I would imagine that in order to protect thier assets, Umbrella had it's shadow companies buy them out so all their technology would stay within the company and under Spencer's Umbrella. They didn't call it Umbrella for nothing ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Yzak View Post
                  Also one part of the podcast that made me crack up was the talk about the Code Veronica X and Survivor 2 covers and the epic Claire/zombie EYE REFLECTIONS!!!1

Dun dun...

DUN DUN!!!!

The zombie one is the best ever.
                  Its awful.

Comment

OMG, MGS4 totally stole from that GameCube C:V cover!

Comment

^lmao look what the rating was back then lol.

Comment

^ That's a PAL box cover...different rating system than North America.

Comment

Would Leon have been A LOT better if they fixed his animations and lip syncing?

And btw, did you remember what you were gonna say after you answered my question in the podcast (Leon and Claire's relationship)?

Comment

Maybe they'll fix it so it syncs properly for the dvd release wasn't this one of the first showings maybe they'll redub it before it hits the US cinemas.
                            Last edited by kevstah2004; 10-21-2008, 10:39 PM.
                            If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sogar View Post
                              Would Leon have been A LOT better if they fixed his animations and lip syncing?
                              Spoiler:

Originally posted by sogar View Post
                              And btw, did you remember what you were gonna s
                              ay after you answered my question in the podcast (Leon and Claire's relationship)?
                              Spoiler:
                              Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 10-22-2008, 12:26 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

According to Neptune, I'm the Alf Garnett of the RPD Dispatch.

If you don't know who Alf Garnett is:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X