RPD Dispatch 5 - Playing Dead Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Thing videogame is actually pretty good and scary some times
    Last edited by aris13; 11-02-2008, 06:26 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
      You guys have just made me think with The Thing comment... reminded me that there was that The Thing videogame.

You could do a segment in the casts about other games in the Survival Horror canon that people might want to learn more about might be an idea for down the track. Nothing major, maybe spend a maximum of 10 mins where one of the regulars or a call in talks about a random Survival Horror title.
      Definitely ;) But I would like to dedicate maybe an entire episode to some of these games. John was talking about System Shock 2 and the like. I think, eventually, we will run out of RE games, so mixing it up like we did with Dead Space might be the way to go.

Comment

Posted
        The site's news archive. You can post comments about each news post here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
          Definitely ;) But I would like to dedicate maybe an entire episode to some of these games. John was talking about System Shock 2 and the like. I think, eventually, we will run out of RE games, so mixing it up like we did with Dead Space might be the way to go.
          I was going to potentially say whole eps, but given the "controversy" over people wanting to discuss even Silent Hill for example, I can't see some people wanting to try Alone in the Dark, Clock Tower or Haunting Ground to talk about them for a full hour. LOL

Comment

Why not? It'd make the RPD Dispatch series go for longer, and we don't want it to burn out after Episode 10 or anything, now do we? I look forward to every podcast, because it's always interesting and funny And that's what I like.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to see as many games covered for as long as possible... mainly because I've played most of them so it'll be interesting to hear what others have to say... but it really goes back to the conversation in one of the other threads about the possibility of covering other games going sideways because a number of the regular co-hosts aren't keen on particular games.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to see as many games covered for as long as possible... mainly because I've played most of them so it'll be interesting to hear what others have to say... but it really goes back to the conversation in one of the other threads about the possibility of covering other games going sideways because a number of the regular co-hosts aren't keen on particular games.
                Rombie has it correct. This shouldn't be unexpected that we all have different and varying interests in other series. Personally, I like the Silent Hill series, for example, but I really am not a fan of it enough that I want to hunt down copies of the games and play them for the podcast myself. Same goes with a few of the other series. Dead Space happened to be a game the three of us had a big enough interest in, and it being a new game that other people had their eyes on, it was fine and fun to do a podcast for. We might do a podcast for Left 4 Dead (although Mr.Spencer seems to be quite opposed to playing it) eventually since it would be new and a more people might care to listen. I just don't want the podcast to feel like a job for us by forcing us into other series that we might not have a big interest in personally.

That said however, I have personally given my opinion that if Dot wants to try branching the podcast out more eventually to other games, that I don't mind if he replaces me and/or Mr.Spencer for games we aren't interested in. I think the issue is we don't want to branch away from Resident Evil too often, plus I don't think Dot wants to go through the trouble of trying to find the replacements for us.

But for now, I think we'll be fine. We have the RE movies to do, Zero, 4, possibly the Gun Survivors, Remake, eventually more hardcore news relating to RE5 when it gets closer to release, then RE5. We'll probably throw in some Guest Games once in a while still, like we did with Dead Space. We will deal with things as they come.
                sigpic

Comment

given the "controversy" over people wanting to discuss even Silent Hill
                  There was a controversy?

Anyway, I can imagine a ton of games that would be great for future podcasts, but I do think you would have to do one game per podcast. An alternative horror episode would have way too much to talk about.

Just off the top of my head, some great games to do would be:

The Thing
                  Haunting Ground
                  Obscure
                  ClockTower
                  System Shock 2
                  Condemned
                  Alone in the Dark (even more so considering it's getting a PS3 release and 360 patch)
                  Fatal Frame/Project Zero
                  Siren (Blood Curse seriously needs an episode. I can't pimp that game any harder, it's the best Survival Horror game since the first Silent Hill)
                  Dino Crisis
                  Onimusha
                  Extermination
                  Gregory Horror Show
                  SOS/Disaster Report/Raw Danger
                  Cold Fear
                  Echo Night
                  Rule of Rose

Some of those might seem a stretch, but still.
                  Last edited by randomwab; 11-03-2008, 07:37 AM. Reason: 'Cause of further game hotness.

Comment

^ You forgot to mention the SH series . I would like to say my opinion about it and to listen to other people thoughts.
                    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

• I only didn't mention it because I quoted Rombie speaking about it. Believe me, it's the one series I wouldn't forget.

Comment

• Hell yeah!
                        "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

• Cool uh?
                          Last edited by doomed; 11-03-2008, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by randomwab View Post
                            There was a controversy?
                            There really wasn't - that's why I put it in quotes as a pisstake. People seemed to make the Silent Hill thing bigger than it was.

List looks good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                              There really wasn't - that's why I put it in quotes as a pisstake. People seemed to make the Silent Hill thing bigger than it was.
                              Ahh, I see, I never saw that so I didn't understand.

Comment

Working...
                              X