No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch 5 - Playing Dead Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I won't be going out again for a while, I went ahead and placed my online order. After hearing some bad things about the PC version, I went ahead and ordered the PS3 version. Especially after seeing what Dot just wrote about his PC copy, I think this'll probably be a better choice haha.
    sigpic

Comment

I cant return it God damnit.

The FOV does adjust, but its just too low. Its like 70 or something, ridiculous in this day and age. Its so disorienting walking around. Ughhhh.

Comment

I had the same issue, I havent turned on the game since my second go at it.

Comment

Should I give it a go, though? $50 isn't too much of a problem...

Comment

I got started and beat the first chapter earlier today.

I actually haven't found it that scary so far. I dunno, I find myself expecting half the scares. Maybe it's only because I'm still relatively early in the game (anyone know how many chapters are in it?)

Comment

Originally posted by JcFFx View Post
              I got started and beat the first chapter earlier today.

I actually haven't found it that scary so far. I dunno, I find myself expecting half the scares. Maybe it's only because I'm still relatively early in the game (anyone know how many chapters are in it?)
              I had the same exact problem, I expected alot of the scares but later on they get better I'd say.

As for the number of chapters...
              Spoiler:

Comment

That's not much of a spoiler

Comment

I'd assume it wasn't but I've actually encountered other people before on forums that didn't want the number of chapters spoiled for them... Not really that much of a spoiler like you said but whatever.

Comment

God, that's getting into the game's mystery too much

Comment

I just rebought a playsation 3 and picked up dead space today in a series of miraculous events, so I'm going to try and go for an endurance play for the next two days, I heard it's a bit short?
                      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                        I just rebought a playsation 3 and picked up dead space today in a series of miraculous events, so I'm going to try and go for an endurance play for the next two days, I heard it's a bit short?
                        Its decent length in my opinion, it took me about a week to beat it, then again I had like school, homework, etc aswell so I didn't have much time to play it each day but yeah.
                        Last edited by Spera01; 10-25-2008, 05:21 PM.

Comment

yea, I'm halfway through the second chapter and so far it reminds me a lot of area 51. I don't know about anyone else but as soon as I started the game I had change the x/y axis controls to where it was like RE 4. Pretty decent so far...
                          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

Chapter 2
                            *spoilers*
                            Spoiler:
                            Last edited by REmaster; 10-26-2008, 09:20 AM.

Comment

List what chapter you are posting a spoiler from

I'm on Chapter 3, but I'm taking a break. I thought the first Chapter was really poorly done. Environments we're very much the same looking, but once you hit Chapter 2 that all changes. I'm glad I stuck with the game to this point. Its a lot of fun, and once you get into the store/upgrade system in Chapter 2 it really opens up.

Comment

I'm up to Chapter 4 and taking a break. So far, so good.
                                See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X