No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch 5 - Playing Dead Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn you people and your spoilers I can't read those yet! I'm almost completing the 7th chapter now. The game is still fun, and I've finally decided to start heavily upgrading my rig and weapons. The Line Cutter is now an unstoppable force

Comment

That spoiler I posted isn't really anything spoilerish. If you're at Chapter 7, I don't think it is at all.

I actually only upgraded my rig and Plasma Cutter. To be fair, both were heavily upgraded by the end, but they were the two I stuck to.

Line Cutter was a pretty awesome weapon, but it didn't seem like a good deal to buy 2 rounds for 2000+ cash.

Comment

It's all about the Pulse Rifle (almost maxed) and Ripper (un-touched) to me! Currently walking through the end of Chapter 7 on Hard now.

By the way minor spoiler, but...

Spoiler:

Comment

Lulz I wish I had this game now... shit, I can't contribute anything to the next podcast

Comment

There's DLC for this game? I didn't realise. What is it?

But yeah, the level 5 suit is just a walking xylophone. It'd be pretty awesome if it made musical notes when you were hit.

I think I'm going to be a dick and try and return this later today. I'll tell them it was an unwanted birthday gift. As it was bought in Asda, they'll probably not care. Then I'll grab either Far Cry 2 or Disaster.

Comment

I've enjoyed the game so far quite a lot. I was playing it at the same time as a friend from home and we were talking over the headset on 360. It'd be funny when mid sentance one of us would just blurt out "Woah Jesus" or one of many other outburts

The game made me jump a good few times nearer the beginning of the game and I was literally walking around most of the game, then I realised you could stomp on the green light boxes for Ammo and other supplies and I was no longer taking on 4 creatures with my fists (and by fists I mean the right trigger swing of whatever weapon you have currently equipped). They're pretty hard to kill using this manor.

I've never had any problems with ammo, In fact I was harbouring over 900 pulse rifle rounds by the third chapter and a few hundred Pulse cutter rounds, and this was on normal difficulty (I didnt fancy taking on Hard initially )

I agree with everyone so far with how the environments are varied from each other and are highly detailed, although I have seen a few areas where they could have used higher res textures than they did - albeit these have been very far and few between. I love the effect when you enter a vaccum and the air rushes out past your character, that was awesome when I first saw it Not forgetting the muffled sounds while you're out there and just the sound of your air ticking away!

I still need to complete this but so far it's been really fun ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Greko View Post
                I agree with everyone so far with how the environments are varied from each other and are highly detailed
                What? These people better not be the same people that complained about Doom 3.
                'cause Dead Space is seriously the love child of Doom 3 and Resident Evil 4.

Originally posted by Randomwab
                There's DLC for this game? I didn't realise. What is it?
                The free one (at least on the 360) is the "Elite" suit (can change to it for free in the store), which claims to be a level... 5(?) suit, but instead offers the same bonus to HP and Air as a... Level 3 regular suit. There's also another 200 MS point "Scorpion Suit", but I don't really feel like snatching it after how upset I got with the horrible white and "clean" look of the Elite suit.

By the way, who the heck builds these damn poorly lit space ship/station thingies where you can buy weapons and upgrade weapons on every damn corner? I was wondering about this while I was playing BioShock, but in this game it's even more absurd. A badly lit space station in the middle of nowhere with nothing but weapons and ammo. (Also, why do these vending machines also BUY your weapons and... rare circuits )

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                  By the way, who the heck builds these damn poorly lit space ship/station thingies where you can buy weapons and upgrade weapons on every damn corner? I was wondering about this while I was playing BioShock, but in this game it's even more absurd. A badly lit space station in the middle of nowhere with nothing but weapons and ammo. (Also, why do these vending machines also BUY your weapons and... rare circuits )
                  Better than some random merchant.... or even better, a necromorph selling em to you.

Comment

I'am on chapter 4 now. Got to say that it is a great game. I really hate those choices were you need to sacrifice power nodes to open some doors. By the way, are you guys gonna cover the Dawnfall and animated comics on podcast?
                    Last edited by Nomad9026; 10-27-2008, 12:12 PM.
                    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

^ I hope so, it looks like I'm not gonna be able to pick my copy before the podcast, but I watched Dawnfall today, and I pretty much like it. I'll see if I can take a look at the comics too.

Comment

The Level 6 suit with the Elite 360 skin is awesome. And Spera is right, the second playthrough has a ridiculous amount of ammo.

Comment

Just beat it. Epic final boss. Sure, it may be considered easy, but it was cinematic and fun. I'll be going through again.

The flamethrower is pathetic. Does anyone know a good weapon for the..

Spoiler:

Comment

Upgraded Plasma Cutter worked best for me. Pulse Rifle held them at bay, but wasn't powerful enough to finish them off without wasting a fair bit of ammo. Plasma Cutter was a one shot kill per squid.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                              Just beat it. Epic final boss. Sure, it may be considered easy, but it was cinematic and fun. I'll be going through again.

The flamethrower is pathetic. Does anyone know a good weapon for the..

Spoiler:
                              I agree with randomwab, the plasma cutter is what I used for em as well.

Also, regarding the flamethrower, yeah, it does suck. The only 4 weapons i use are the plasma cutter, line gun, force gun, and pulse rifle. Force gun fully upgraded I find fun as hell to use since it usually blows necromorphs apart in one shot.

Comment

I finished it early Sunday. I have good opinions. I used only the cutter and pulse rifle cause I could never decide what other guns to try. But I've read up a bit now, and I may try Hard mode and grab the line gun and force gun this time.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X