RPD Dispatch 5 - Playing Dead Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    Does anyone know a good weapon for the..

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Comment

Spoiler:
      Last edited by randomwab; 10-28-2008, 03:47 AM.

Comment

I watched all 6 of the "animated" comics earlier and, eh...their ok. I think it's interesting that a few minor characters that are barely mentioned in the game are in the comic so you get to see their backstory but since the whole comic series doesn't even take place on the ishimura, It makes me want to see downfall.The clips I watched were pretty cool, lots and lots of blood.
        Last edited by REmaster; 10-28-2008, 03:49 AM.
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

I'm almost to chapter 10 today, still trying to master the art of playing as much as possible without pissing my girlfriend off
          Spoiler:
          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

I watched Dead Space: Downfall. Not bad. A bit short though. Some small comments...

Spoiler:

Personally I thought the animated comics were a little better. But together as a whole, I think the Dead Space setup is good.

Also, I believe it's been confirmed the game's getting a sequel (or at least, another game). But I'm not positive.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
              Spoiler:
              Spoiler:

Comment

So I just beat Chapter 4.

Does anyone know how to effective use that weapon with the floating buzzsaw (I think it was called the ripper?)

At first I thought it'd be useful, but I ended up keeping it in the safe after I used it on a couple of enemies and found that I barely stunned them even when aiming for the limbs and nearly got raped by a small group of enemies...

I have a bunch of ammo stocked up for it too, but if others think it's a crap weapon I'm probably gonna sell it for something else...

Comment

Originally posted by JcFFx View Post
                  Does anyone know how to effective use that weapon with the floating buzzsaw (I think it was called the ripper?)
                  If you can't keep the enemy on a distance, aim down towards the ground, as the chainsaw will never go "through" a surface, so it'll get closer to you. Chop off feet is the first thing you should do with it while using it.

Also, there's a bit of a "trick" to it that can be a bit hard to pull off on certain controller configurations, but if you combine it with kenisis, you can pull in the blade so you've got it much closer to yourself (removing the need for aiming at the ground to have the rotating blade closer to you)

It's also nice to use against enemies in general that "crawl" on the ground, as you can wave it around like a maniac instead while just having to use one shot (and you always get lots of ammo for it).

Shooting long distance with the ripper isn't of much use in general, except from if you use it to cut off the tentacles off of babies and those creepy lumps the wall infestations puke out on the ground. But for those, I think the Line gun works better (Using alternate on the wall and regular to cut tentacles of the spawns if you've let a lot of them come out.)

Comment

Pretty much what Carnivol said, but don't forget Stasis. It's very useful for the ripper.

Comment

Stasis? Who's Sta... oh... I forgot about that during most of the game
                      (Yeah, I actually barely ever used stasis for anything at all.)

Comment

Ripper is my weapon of choice. It's so visceral (right word?) and it's pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it. Secondary fire is ass though.

Comment

Ohh shit, I forgot about secondary fire completely. Only time I ever used it was with the Plasma Cutter, which I found out about near the end of the game.

Comment

I'm done Chapter 6. Hurrah.

And I eventually sold that ripper thing. Mainly because I still haven't gotten used to it.

The gun you start off with + the line gun thingy = good enough for me.

And I keep forgetting about Stasis... >_>

Comment

Seems like we're not the only ones playing Dead Space these days.
                              In the opening of the latest Top Secret file (nr. 25) they're talking a bit about it too.

Comment

I'm halfway through chapter 11. whew
                                I got bored so I downloaded the obsidian suit from the ps3 store, looks pretty sweet. I'm sure the all powerful "scorpion" suit is badass, but I'm sure as hell not paying 2.99 for it.
                                Last edited by REmaster; 10-30-2008, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X