No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch 5 - Playing Dead Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've downloaded and instaled the obsidian suit before installing the game. So Dead Space desided not to install on my PS3, it works fine with 11 mb of suit data. And I wasn't able use this suit by the way, damn... Is it suppose to appear in the store? Right now I'am wearing the milltary suit, besides, are there anymore non downloadable bonus suits in the game?
    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad9026 View Post
      I've downloaded and instaled the obsidian suit before installing the game. So Dead Space desided not to install on my PS3, it works fine with 11 mb of suit data. And I wasn't able use this suit by the way, damn... Is it suppose to appear in the store? Right now I'am wearing the milltary suit, besides, are there anymore non downloadable bonus suits in the game?
      Nope, only the normal suit with 5 levels and the military suit. The obsidian (PS3)/Elite (360) and Scorpion Suits you have to download.

Comment

I just beat it a few hours ago and I must admit the boss is pretty cool even if it was kinda easy. Also...
        Spoiler:
        I dunno, pretty cool eithier way. I was getting ready to go for round 2 but I'm about to play the demo of alone in the dark. I have a feeling it sucks but I'm going for it anyways just because I kinda liked the original w/ detective cornbeef(that's what I called him). And a question...is there any way for anyone who's not a staff member to be on a podcast? How does that work?
        Last edited by REmaster; 10-30-2008, 10:47 PM.
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
          I just beat it a few hours ago and I must admit the boss is pretty cool even if it was kinda easy. Also...
          Spoiler:
          I dunno, pretty cool eithier way. I was getting ready to go for round 2 but I'm about to play the demo of alone in the dark. I have a feeling it sucks but I'm going for it anyways just because I kinda liked the original w/ detective cornbeef(that's what I called him). And a question...is there any way for anyone who's not a staff member to be on a podcast? How does that work?
          End game spoilers
          Spoiler:
          Last edited by Spera01; 10-31-2008, 08:44 AM.

Comment

What! damn I didn't even realize.
            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
            Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

You need to be pretty fast though, since he puts on his helmet immediately afterward.
              Seibu teh geimu?
              ---

Comment

Im going through on Impossible difficulty now. Its pretty hard.. I can't access a store yet, and I'm desperately low on ammo. I'm only using the Plasma Cutter, and I'm at:
                Spoiler:

Comment

Call in line is now up. We'll be recording in about 12 hours, so please try to get your call in before then. If you are sending an mp3, send it to my gmail on the staff page.

Comment

Will do
                    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Finished Dead Space on easy (I suck at games) and I have to say that that I was pleasantly surprised. I'm pretty jaded when it comes to scares but there were quite a few instances where I jumped a few feet.
                      It felt a bit like playing Resident Evil for the first time and it also proved to me that RE4's control scheme was no excuse for sacrificing the scare factor.

Looking forward to the podcast.
                      Last edited by abbatoo; 11-01-2008, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Ok guys, we finished recording just now. The podcast will probably be around 1:30 ;) We had a great discussion on Dead Space. It should be up in about 12 hours from now. We're all really tired, and going to bed.

Comment

For some reason, Dot's last post reminded me of McReady's tape-message in The Thing... must be the "we're all, very tired..."

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                            For some reason, Dot's last post reminded me of McReady's tape-message in The Thing... must be the "we're all, very tired..."
                            Yeah but after recording the message Kurt Russell goes after the Thing, he doesn't go to bed
                            sigpic

Comment

Lol, that's true.

"Yeah, fuck you too!"

Comment

You guys have just made me think with The Thing comment... reminded me that there was that The Thing videogame.

You could do a segment in the casts about other games in the Survival Horror canon that people might want to learn more about might be an idea for down the track. Nothing major, maybe spend a maximum of 10 mins where one of the regulars or a call in talks about a random Survival Horror title.

Comment

Working...
                                X