No announcement yet.

Rumor: Biohazard 5 getting an Iphone version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like a good idea. I can see it working too, as long as they stick to the RE4 controls. Plus, it'd sell a ton. I'm already thinking of picking up an iPhone soon, and I'd love to have some big name games to play on it.
    Last edited by randomwab; 10-22-2008, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Wow, you can play Biohazard 5 on the telephone?!

Do any of those other RE phone games work on the pc with an emulator?
      It's just, I'm not sure my phone is modern enough (pictured below).
      Will RE5 run on this?
      Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, but the framerate is utter crap, I'd reccommend upgrading to atleast a touch-tone phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Logical Operand View Post
          Well, not even that. What the hell happened to RE4: Mobile Edition? They announced it, and we never heard anything more about it. Let me guess, did they cancel it? Knowing Capcom......

I think that developing these games for phones is so stupid anyway. Why not for the PSP or the DS? WHY on a phone? I guess they feel since everyone has a cell phone today, that it would be the perfect marketing thing to do. But an actual videogame system platform would be better, again, like the PSP or DS.
          they released it

Comment

i honestly don't understand capcom, they put the game out on cell phones, but not on a much more suitable platform like the psp, i mean it already has a wide screen fit to play the game, the controls shouldn't be an issue either since the right stick was only used to look around a few degree's, nothing much.

damn capcom.

Comment

It's easier to create a Java based game and just release it on your own via downloads or through the phone company's download service then to go through all the licensing, production, beta testing you'd normally have to go through for a retail game released on a solid gaming platform. Mobile games aren't expected to be AMAZING like most portable games are in terms of detail. You can get away with a lot by having only a 1.5 inch screen to play on and a really tiny processor instead of a full color high quality display of a PSP or NDS and a pretty decent processor...

Comment

Putting next gen games on moblie phones is dumb imo. Yea it will make money which is right up capcom's alley but the quality is usually poor.

Comment

Well, I can't see any harm to it. It's just making them a bit of extra monies and no one is legally obligated to buy something just because it has Resident Evil on it.The only reason to hate this game would be if the following had happened.

Capcom Man 1: So, Capcom Man 2, we need an additional Resident Evil game. Feeling in the back is that old one, what do those crazy American people call it, 1.5 would be good. Stick it on the PSP nice and easy. Quick to finish too since it was almost done. And then we can get full retail price too! For a game we made years ago!

Capcom Man 2: What about the fact it messes with the now well established and totally clear story?

Capcom Man 1: Maybe it's a 'what if?' story. Or we change any characters that made it to RE2 and keep things exactly the same.

Capcom Man 2: It's an idea...but you know what? I think making a new game from scratch that no one will want to buy on a mobile phone is a better marketing policy. And we can base it on RE5! All the people who buy it on a console will want it again on there mobile because it's so awesome you can't go more than five minutes not playing!

Capcom Man 1: Brilliant! That'll be much better than giving the fans something they desperately want.

If that conversation took place you mate hate this game. Otherwise...meh. Not much point really.

Comment

Working...
                  X