Favorite Video Game Boxart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
    This is not real. Capcom Eurosoft have no plans at all to bring the game to PAL territories. Plus, it looks terrible too O_o

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
        o.O

The CG characters on there look terrible. I much prefer the art used for the PAL/JPN versions, shown here beside the US version:

Last edited by Rombie; 10-28-2008, 03:00 PM.

Comment

I know stuff like this is all subjective and matter of opinion...but Christ there's some terrible choices in this thread haha! I mean, i'm all for simplistic artwork myself...but MGS1? It's just some writing on a white background, the pure definition of boring!

My favourite Resi artwork is probably the black and white Resi 4 Wii Edition cover for the UK. My favourites in general tend to be the ones from years and years ago that stick with me now, stuff like the cartoony covers from the 80s on the Amstrad.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
            o.O

The CG characters on there look terrible. I much prefer the art used for the PAL/JPN versions, shown here beside the US version:

Yoji Shinkawa artwork >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CG.

The Japanese MGS4 cover > US MGS4 cover for this same reason.

See?

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
            I know stuff like this is all subjective and matter of opinion...but Christ there's some terrible choices in this thread haha! I mean, i'm all for simplistic artwork myself...but MGS1? It's just some writing on a white background, the pure definition of boring!
            Matter of opinion...yup. I love that cover. It's simple and to the point.

I don't think it's boring...I think it's classic.

Comment

If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Biohazard EX; 10-28-2008, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Wow, that looks cool. Different.

The gameplay videos for that look pretty cool. Haven't bought a MK game since 3, though, I think.
                    Last edited by Vector; 10-28-2008, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
                      hahaha YES! That's what i'm talking about! I'd considered Fantasy World or Magic Land Dizzy actually, games i have a sentimental attachment to.

Comment

Working...
                      X