Just downloaded the XBLA game AMY after playing the demo, its actually pretty damn good and marks the first time ive bought an arcade game. Also playing mass effect 3, good old student loan helped with that one!

Overly Old School

Don't be like me and end up with awesome stuff (Project Zero...mmmm) and no food.

Street fighter x Tekken Managed to rank up to C, but the last guy brought me down 200 BP thanks to shoryuken(Ryu's EX shoryuken has an impossible amount of range and the frames are just crazy) and throw spamming.

#00 Red Herb

legend of grimrock
    skullgirls
    mass effect 3
    silent hill downpour
    witcher 2

Optic Camouflage

Just finished Spidey: Web of Shadows. Dabbling in Dead Island, RE5 Gold, RE:ORC, ME3, MLB 12 The Show and even some MW3 here and there. Not sure what game to start next...FF13, Enslaved, Skyrim, Dead Space 2, AC: Brotherhood, or Dragon Age: Origins.

Finished the Witcher 2. It was good, but a little underwhelming. Combat is obscenely ill-designed IMO. It also saddens me that the DLC additions turned out to be nothing more than fluff.

Still enjoyed it, and I actually liked a few of the characters more than I thought I would (Saskia and Iorveth (sp?) especially).

Overall an 8.5/10.

#40 Left Hand

Started playing Dragon Age II the other day, I went in expecting it to be absolutely horrible - as I've been told by multiple people but it doesn't seem to be that bad. Yes, repetitive dungeons - but even Mass Effect had this.

So far, so good. Can't really say that much as I haven't beaten it yet. Not as bad as I thought it would be and I've taken a liking to these new characters, but it doesn't feel like a completely new sequel. Just feels sort of like a side-story/spin-off instead of a full-blown sequel.

Though seeing people bitch that they want to hear their character's name said and shit, just makes me think that more games should employ Vocaloid on top of the actual dialogue to add further customization (and trust me, once the actual Vocaloid recordings are done, they aren't actually that hard to use (even for normal dialogue instead of song vocals) - I know, I've used Luka, Gakupo and some of the original ones before).
    Last edited by Enetirnel; 04-23-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Non-blurry Signature Version
    Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

It's nice to see someone approach Dragon Age 2 with a bit of an open mind. It's a flawed game, sure, but it's nowhere near as bad as some claim. Personally, I liked it more than Origins in pretty much every respect, but that's just my perspective.

The Emissary

Playing some Peace Walker.
    See you in hell.

Banned

Recently finished Dirt3 which was a pretty good driving game had some fun bonus races such as drifting and gymkana's but it was a little bit to repetitive for me and you cant do up your car to make it your own you pretty swap vehicles every race.

Tonight I finished NFS The Run. I havent enjoy one of these games since Underground 2 and Carbon but saw the trailer and thought oh cool I like the QTE events like in Heavy Rain and thought I would give it a go since I'm signed up to Boomerang and nothing else was available to me at the time. The QTE events are few and far between and only last about a minute tops. For a game that is 'apparently' packed??? with cars I only got to drive about 6-7 throughout the whole game. No kitting up your car or anything like that either. Some of the races where very frustrating especially against the guy who is at number 3. God I wanted to pull my hair out. Cops are chasing you down while you both race and they only seem interested in you even though the guy infront is clearly going faster. Was total bs I literally had to ram him off the road and spin him out to get a chance. Kinda glad I've finished with it now. Hopefully Silent Hill Downpour next please Boomerang.
    Last edited by CrimsonElder; 04-24-2012 at 10:53 PM.

Finished my femShep Infiltrator run, got the breathing scene at the end this time though because I cheated my way to 100% awareness.

Also, this is how it ended in my head
    Spoiler:

Now to play better and less ofensive games, like Portal 2.

The Emissary

Starting playing Clock Tower for the PC, courtesy of Enetirnel. I'm going to have to brave through this, I feel so vulnerable. Also need to get round to continuing Haunting Ground too. I'm also playing through Peace Walker, even though I was inadvertently spoiled by one of the boss selections made by Smiley's brother. Also purchased a copy of Drakengard for about £3, thanks to Enetirnel for tracking down a copy on eBay. A lot cheaper than I thought it would be.

And finally, managed to get into the Japanese beta for Phantasy Star Online 2. Never really delved into those games so this will be a first for me, actually a lot of firsts. I'm happy to try games that I wouldn't normally play. On top of all THAT, I've got to find time to do some gear hunting on WoW.

Too many games to play.
    Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 04-26-2012 at 06:54 AM.
    See you in hell.

Started Alpha Protocol today, I've heard good things about it, specially about you actions actuallying mattering, NOT THAT THIS HAS ANYTHING TO DO TO ANY GAME OR GAME SERIES I'VE BEEN PLAYING RECENTLY.

Savior of the Red Herb

I've been on a big Castlevania kick lately. I had beaten the first DS game, Dawn of Sorrow, a while ago, but just now got around to buying Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia. I beat PoR already, now storming Dracula's castle in OoE. It's really interesting to see the gameplay differences each game employs to keep the game fresh. It's a ton of fun!

#40 Left Hand

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMemories View Post
    It's nice to see someone approach Dragon Age 2 with a bit of an open mind. It's a flawed game, sure, but it's nowhere near as bad as some claim. Personally, I liked it more than Origins in pretty much every respect, but that's just my perspective.
    It's not that bad, thought it would be much worse. I've enjoyed that the side quests and the main plot sections are all sorted into sections AND that it doesn't drag on too badly. Had to have a break from Origins after visiting the first castle, dealing with the fade/circle of magi and then having to go and look for Andraste's ashes and shit before having to go back there and finally finish it to proceed to the next section without getting locked into a particular main plot section.

I do think that Hawke's finery clothing look a bit meh but I suppose I could retexture them if I get bored enough... (playing as a female mage like I did with Origins initially).

Quote Originally Posted by alexdz View Post
    Started Alpha Protocol today, I've heard good things about it, specially about you actions actuallying mattering, NOT THAT THIS HAS ANYTHING TO DO TO ANY GAME OR GAME SERIES I'VE BEEN PLAYING RECENTLY.
    Alpha Protocol is fun, but I ended up visiting Shanghai first and got kinda stuck on a boss fight there but I lent my copy to Smiley along with Nier so I can't really play it at the moment as the PC version is buggy and crashes. >_>

Non-blurry Signature Version
    Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

The Emissary

I need to acquire a copy of Alpha Protocol, sounds relevant to my interests. I've started playing Drakengard which at first was rather balls to the wall challenging, until I figured out how to fight the enemies. I was playing it a lot like WoW, pulling away smaller mobs that would be easier to handle except this would eventually wear down my health. So in the end I just charged in and ultimately decimated any opposition, with fun results! Basically from what I can gather, the faster you kill the more fun you have. If you build up a high enough chain combo then enemies will drop useful items, like healing orbs. I'm on the fourth mission, the flying segments are a little tricky but then again the ground combat gave me trouble at first but I soon got the hang of that.

I'm also doing a bit of Peace Walker and the VR missions on MGS2 HD. As of typing I have the urge to play Syndicate.
    Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 04-29-2012 at 05:31 AM.
    See you in hell.

PRETTY HATE MACHINE

Fuck the VR Missions in MGS2.

Fuck MGS2 in general.

I'm playing MGS1 VR Missions.

DMC1 seriously whose idea was it to make you immediately go into hard mode after finishing normal?

Boulder Incident Witness

Not anything currently related, but here's Mr. Spencer's impression of me playing MvC3 from the other day. Mostly accurate I would say, but always in good fun. Of course, I added in some "tweaks."

Enjoy.

*****redacted******
    Last edited by valentinesdead?; 04-06-2013 at 01:32 AM.

The Emissary

Hey now, I was playing Drakengard in that recording.
    See you in hell.

Thread Information