No announcement yet.

What Game/Games are you playing now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I stood for a minute whistling for it. Then I got accosted by people trying to steal my bounty. So I grabbed one of the dead guy's horses and rode off on that.

Comment

• If you've done the quest with Bonnie where you capture the stallion, the deed for him is constantly in your inventory. You can get the Warhorse for 80 points though and it is good.

Comment

• No, not that far yet. Done a couple of missions for the Sheriff, just done the Cow Herding mission for Bonnie, done a couple of bounties and some other random missions.

Comment

• Now playing, Bungakke 6 Big Bonanza.

Comment

• Deus Ex: Invisible War

I never actually played it so here goes nothing.
            See you in hell.

Comment

• We salute you, John, for your bravery in playing the awful. So we don't have to.

God Speed, Mr Spencer.

Comment

• I apologize for this massive post but this is the best deal I've ever had and also the oddest thing I've had happened to me in a while, but it is about what I'm playing.

I had not played Dead Space at all yet. So based on positive comments on it (and it's sequel) I'd decided to pick it up.

A few weeks ago a store in town was having a clearance sale of an extreme measure I don't think I've ever seen. The average "budget" price here in NZ is about $40-50 and it's the price EA has set for old stocks of Dead Space (brand new games sell for between $90-120NZD just FYI). The store was selling brand new PS3 games for $5. Which is insane.

Anyway given how cheap they were I picked up Naughty Bear, Saints Row 2, Brutal Legend, Lego Rock Band, and Dead Space. Even if they weren't great I could easily trade/sell for more than $5 a piece. I grabbed the games and purchased them. Unlike in the states, our games are not shrink wrapped and the discs are kept in a draw behind the counter (or in a stockroom out the back) because of rating labels and theft issues and the like. This will become important later. The woman who served me showed me all of the discs (also a standard thing because they still need to show that they are untouched) which were all good, I paid for the games ($25), and left.

With the PSN down in recent weeks I've been clearing some of the back catalogue... I played through most of Star Wars TFU2, some of the Avatar game my friend lent me (bleh), I finished Infamous so I can play the sequel, and I finally platinum'd Uncharted after leaving the Crushing game unfinished for a while. Based on the positive comments I mentioned, I'd left Dead Space at the top of pile next to play.

Last night I grabbed the case, put the disc in my PS3, and scrolled down the XMB to the game. When I got to the game menu, the disc wasn't yet highlighted but I did notice there was 2.... which was odd. I scrolled down, and I read the first - "Dead Space 2" and then the second "Dead Space Extraction" - then I popped out the disc, and sure enough neither myself (or clearly the woman in the store where I had gotten it from) had noticed the small 2 beside Dead Space prior to when I popped in the game.

I'm kinda in a situ now. I have a Dead Space case and manual, and a disc for Dead Space 2 (obviously the SE). But I still want to play the original before I play the second. Ironically I could take the disc back but this store adds bright orange stickers to every box saying they cannot take discs back because of software piracy concerns. So $5 for an almost new release game... not something I've had happen before.

I then played Naughty Bear.... and it sucked.

Comment

• Good deal, wish our stores over here were this generous I forgot all about Naughty Bear, the promo videos interested me but they never stated any sort of release date then they just stopped. If i could pick it up cheap i might look into it, maybe.

Comment

• Buy a copy of Dead Space 2 and see if they give you the disc for Dead Space.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

• Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Tomb Raider Anniversary throwing some good old Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
                      "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                        Buy a copy of Dead Space 2 and see if they give you the disc for Dead Space.
                        Knowing my usual level of luck I'll end up with another copy of Dead Space 2 :p

I realised I won't be able to get online with the game (aside from the fact the PSN is down) because I don't have the code for EA's Online Pass, so I'll have to shell out for one.

I went into another store in town and found a copy of DS1 for $20, so I picked that up. Might have cost me 4x as much as the first time, but when I paid $25 total for both games that still seems like a bargain to me.

Re: Naughty Bear - I'll be more accurate in my description. The idea is fun and the game plays fine in theory, it's just _very_ repeditive and I'm sure if I played through all of the chapters I'd find that it's not different. Once I'd started playing it I remembered seeing a review, I think it might have been on GameTrailers, and that was exactly the thing they said too. I expect if I look up any review that will be the general feeling.

Comment

• I've started playing Brink and I'm loving it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Humor Tumor View Post
                            I've started playing Brink and I'm loving it.
                            What's it like exactly it sounds interesting and I might get it
                            "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

• Mass Effect 2 first time 10 hours in im thinking of just stoping for know main reason I never played the first and half the times I doint understand what's going on so I might as well just stop buy the first game off the steam and playthough it then come back to the second.
                              Last edited by Sephiroth; 05-13-2011, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jill4EverSTARS View Post
                                What's it like exactly it sounds interesting and I might get it
                                I've heard some compare it to Team Fortress 2. But I've never played that.

I would say it's a lot like Enemy Territory, a very class based, team oriented shooter. It's nothing like CoD or Battlefield. It's getting ravaged in a few of the reviews because people are weighing the single way to much in the score of what is a multiplayer centric shooter. And the lag problems so many also complained about in the score; never had one hitch yet.

It's really good, and I would at least rent it first to make sure you like it. But I knew I would because I really enjoy Enemy Territory.

The parkour works pretty damn nice, allowing you to find ways around easily, although sometimes it's hard to tell what you can and can't do. But it just takes practice. And the weapons are fun as hell to use. Just very satisfying to use.

Comment

Working...
                                X