No announcement yet.

What Game/Games are you playing now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been playing Mass Effect for the umpteenth time. I plan to continue my Charmeleon solo run in Pokemon LeafGreen as soon as I get a charger for my DS Phat.
    A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
      My guess it hasn't been done since the backgrounds aren't HD (at least that seems to me). But maybe the experts around here could correct me.

After my PS3 dying on me (I'm still pissed... One week with the thing and it dies... Shit happens indeed), I'm left with playing Mortal Kombat on the Xbox (stupid d-pad sucks... Need one of those awesome transforming d-pad controllers) and Mass Effect.
      I figure for a HD REmake they would need recreate every single background in widescreen since they are made in 4:3 and unlike 3D games they have no extra image to display 'off the edges'. They'd then need add bounding boxes/walls and such for every single screen for the new areas, it would probably ruin a lot of camera angles designed the build a creepy atmosphere.

Those 360 controllers with the transforming D-Pad suck, the D-Pad does not change how accurate the input is at all.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• playing resistance 2 online every day..now i am worlds number 139 with kills..he he

Comment

• I bought Brink yesterday and I have to say so far im pretty dissapointed in the campaign, its not very story driven which is what I hoped, each level is more like an online battle. However this gives me hope that the online play will be more entertaining. I do like how you can customize your character, its not perhaps very detailed but its still pretty fun being able to mix and match clothing etc.

Comment

• Just completed Red Dead Redemption.

Spoiler:

None, onto Undead Nightmare.
            Last edited by Darkmoon; 06-15-2011, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
              I figure for a HD REmake they would need recreate every single background in widescreen since they are made in 4:3 and unlike 3D games they have no extra image to display 'off the edges'. They'd then need add bounding boxes/walls and such for every single screen for the new areas, it would probably ruin a lot of camera angles designed the build a creepy atmosphere.

Those 360 controllers with the transforming D-Pad suck, the D-Pad does not change how accurate the input is at all.
              So that's a no-no for the HD Remake. Guess we'll have to get used to it, maybe trying it with component cables to improve image...

I want to try it, because it can't be worse than the one that standard controllers have is just bad (compared to Wii's & PS3's). I heard that there's a special edition controller for Gears of War 3 with that feature, and I don't plan on buying the whole special edition console, the controller seems more reasonable.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

They would probably have to re-render the angles if they haven't kept original editions with no cropping on file. But I doubt it'll change much, they have the 3D room environments assets for both the Remake and Zero on file obviously because they were used as real time environments in Umbrella Chronicles.

If they can do that with them, then slight tweaks for widescreen is probably not a big issue.
                Last edited by Rombie; 06-15-2011, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
                  Been playing Mass Effect for the umpteenth time. I plan to continue my Charmeleon solo run in Pokemon LeafGreen as soon as I get a charger for my DS Phat.
                  Nice, what class are you in it?

I've been replaying Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2.

I just got Smiley to beat Mass Effect 2 (on the PS3) and he's just picked up the first game and has been playing it with his brother on his brother's 360.

And I'm resisting to say it, but... calibrations.

*Ahems*

Outside of ME, I've been going over No More Heroes on the PS3, going through RE5 with Smiley because the AI enrages me to the point that I will break stuff.

I can't wait for Shadows of the Damned or when I can get a chance to pick up Alice the Madness Returns too.
                  sigpic
                  Non-blurry Signature Version
                  Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Comment

• man that should have definitely been the cover instead.
                      Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

• Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
                        Nice, what class are you in it?

Outside of ME, I've been going over No More Heroes on the PS3
                        Heh, been doing the same, ME on 360 and NMH on PS3.

I picked soldier on ME, boring class. I see my biotic buddies blowing people up with their minds and stuff, or launching them across the room and making them float and explode. As a soldier I just shoot people.
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I picked soldier on ME, boring class. I see my biotic buddies blowing people up with their minds and stuff, or launching them across the room and making them float and explode. As a soldier I just shoot people.
                          I chose soldier too. Fuck being a biotic, I'm a professional who only knows how to shoot things. But I'm the best there is at what I do.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

• just played duke nukem forever .. meh

now im playing alice madness returns

and i guess next week fear 3 comes out so... il be playing that

Comment

• I liked Vanguard in ME, but didn't like it in ME2. Always been a soldier in ME2.

Comment

• I currently Play Genesis games like Mortal Kombat,Sonic,Zero Tolerance,and Streets of Rage.
                                sigpic
                                www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

Working...
                                X