Best Old School RE Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Old School RE Game

Which RE from the list do you consider to be the best of all. You might also want to add reasons in your reply. I didn't include RE0 or REmake because those two are Next-Gen with improvements and it obviously REmake would be the winner. That's all, happy voting!
    Resident Evil
    36.17%
    Resident Evil 2
    40.43%
    Resident Evil 3 : Nemesis
    14.89%
    Resident Evil : Code Veronica
    8.51%

Well, I think RE2 was the scariest. But overall, I liked RE3 the best. I mean, it had this great military theme with the UBCS, and Nemesis. The voice acting was the best so far. And the fact that some enemies are randomized and there are so many different ways you could do things to trigger different events.
    I think I beat RE3 more times than I beat any other RE game. I think around 30 times.

Comment

You can never forget your first.

Comment

My first was RE2. And like I said, I still think it's the scariest. And probably does have the most sentimental value to me.

Comment

For me it would have to be the first one. I like 2 better and have played it the most out of all the games but the first one got me into the series.

Comment

re 2 has the best story but re 3 is the best in gameplay,i remember the first time i encounter nemesis,i was so scared that i didnt know if i should shot him or run,good times.

Comment

My taste the same order they where released in with veronica and re3 switched around zero and re3 are my least favorite evils.
              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Wowww, I really thought RE2 would be cleaning house here.

Comment

RE2. Best atmosphere. Best story. Best music. Just epic.

Though I can't decide whether it's GotY 1998 for me, it's tied with Parasite Eve.
                  PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

^ Metal Gear Solid takes the cake for Game of The Year 1998, for me.

Tough year though. RE2, Parasite Eve, Castlevania: SoTN...whoa.

Comment

RE1, for sure....
                      One of the few games that got me really.... I keep thinking about it, and didn't want to stop playing until I got to the end of it... when I first finished the game saving everybody and had to battle the Tyrant in the heliport, my hands were shaking...
                      Never got that kind of feeling again from another game, RE or not.

Comment

Resident Evil 2 for the win.

Comment

Resident Evil 2 definitely has the best story out of all the games

Comment

I gotta go with 3. I love all of the games, but 3 had the best replay value and Carlos is one of my favorite characters. I also really liked the whole storyline with the Mercanaries, and with Jill as the lead in the game, it just sort of puts it over the top. The gameplay was also just probably the most fun, for me. =D

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                              ^ Metal Gear Solid takes the cake for Game of The Year 1998, for me.

Tough year though. RE2, Parasite Eve, Castlevania: SoTN...whoa.
                              um ocarina of time greatest game ever especially in 98; though SotN was a great game too

Comment

Working...
                              X