Resident Evil 4 at IGN's 13 Scariest Games Of This Gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 4 at IGN's 13 Scariest Games Of This Gen

The guys at IGN has a new "13 Scariest Games of This Generation" feature. Despite restricting the list to this generation only, it still doesn't stop Resident Evil 4 from appearing on the list at the 9th position.
    Last edited by xfactor; 10-30-2008, 11:41 PM.

I guess technically you could say RE4 still counts as this generation, since it was released on the Wii. Though, I guess then you would have to say the same for REmake and RE0, but at least RE4: Wii Edition plays significantly different from the previous iterations.

Comment

I personally don't find RE 4 scary but I guess there has to be an RE game involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Stars1356 View Post
        I personally don't find RE 4 scary but I guess there has to be an RE game involved.
        None of the RE games were scary, and besides, RE4 is the only one that meets the criteria for the list. Unless, of course, as I already mentioned, you want to count the REmake and RE0 Wii ports.

Comment

Current gen titles from familiar franchises that didn't made it to the list will include Fatal Frame 4 and Silent Hill: Origins

Comment

Doom 3 is missing from the list But great to see a Resident Evil game on the list
            sigpic

Comment

I never thought RE4 was scary at all it was more of an action game than a horror game but still Im happy to see it's on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                Doom 3 is missing from the list But great to see a Resident Evil game on the list
                Doom 3 was released last generation which is why it's not on there. The only reason RE4 made the list was the Wii edition, which is a current edition console. Every other game on that list has been released on the current gen as an original re-release or port/re-release to a current gen console.
                Last edited by Rombie; 10-31-2008, 11:11 AM.

Comment

haha wot

Comment

Remake was the only one that had me scared. RE4 was practically a side scroller with coins and platforms.

Comment

I've never been scared of RE. I've jumped before(Doggy-through-the-window, Kendo's demise, Nemesis in the RPD), but never really 'scared.'

If I had to say I was 'scared' of anything, it'd probably be Dr. Salvador out of his realism. It's very possible that someone could throw a sack on their head and hack your head off with a chainsaw. The first time I played RE4 I got chills when I heard his chainsaw revving.

Comment

I think that there are games that are scary to play, basically just walking on the levels is scary because of the atmosphere of fear in them (SH for me). and the games that can scare you in some moments, that's the RE games. I always thought that RE is intense but not to scary to play. During my first playthrough of re4 I felt like it was really intense and scared me in some moments, but it is still not even a horror game, it was not scary to play it. But really fun.
                        "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Working...
                        X